Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Why was mondblut banned?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Or what, you'd get off your lazy ass and devote some of your time to posting news items and fixing the back end when things break instead of shit-posting?

I would, actually. You seem to be under the mistaken impression that the people who criticize you here are somehow against the Codex or only want the freedom to say bad words. I can't speak for the others but I am confident we all want the best possible site we can make.
That's great! Infinitron will set you up with news posting access. We'll see how you go from there.

What's your coding experience?

You know, I was thinking "Hey finally he's giving serious answers" but I guess it's all a big joke to you... Until it suddenly isn't.

I will readily admit that I have not been courteous towards you in the past but in this case I have tried my utmost to be serious, because its a serious issue.

With you however, as Fanta said, it's all fun and games one second and then woe is me the next.
I am serious. You've offered to help, we need help with 3 things:
1. Writing content articles.
2. Posting news items.
3. Coding (PHP, SQL)

Now given the overwhelming majority of your posts are in Politics and GD, with only a miserable 20 posts in News & Content, it's a legitimate question.

... or how do you envision yourself helping? As I've said, Infinitron can set you up with news posting access.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Or what, you'd get off your lazy ass and devote some of your time to posting news items and fixing the back end when things break instead of shit-posting?

I would, actually. You seem to be under the mistaken impression that the people who criticize you here are somehow against the Codex or only want the freedom to say bad words. I can't speak for the others but I am confident we all want the best possible site we can make.
That's great! Infinitron will set you up with news posting access. We'll see how you go from there.

You know, I was thinking "Hey finally he's giving serious answers" but I guess it's all a big joke to you... Until it suddenly isn't.

I will readily admit that I have not been courteous towards you in the past but in this case I have tried my utmost to be serious, because its a serious issue.

With you however, as Fanta said, it's all fun and games one second and then woe is me the next.
2. Posting news items.
3. Coding (PHP, SQL)

Now given the overwhelming majority of your posts are in Politics and GD, with only a miserable 20 posts in News & Content, it's a legitimate question.

... or how do you envision yourself helping? As I've said, Infinitron can set you up with news posting access.

I can't help with coding much but news and content I could theoretically do. Depends entirely on what form that content should take. You must be aware I don't exactly see eye to eye with Infinitron and the news he posts.

What makes me suspicious is the fact your team refused content in the form of user reviews before, specifically those that happened to be less than positive. Smells like a setup to me.

That said, none of this is relevant to the issue of censorship and the sites legality.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

2. Posting news items.
3. Coding (PHP, SQL)

I can't help with coding much but news and content I could theoretically do. Depends entirely on what form that content should take. You must be aware I don't exactly see eye to eye with Infinitron and the news he posts.

What makes me suspicious is the fact your team refused content in the form of user reviews before, specifically those that happened to be less than positive. Smells like a setup to me.

That said, none of this is relevant to the issue of censorship and the sites legality.
I don't mind doing reviews and shit from time to time,but it will be short,pretty negative and edgy.

Viata

Arcane
On the posting news items, I have another question:
Back when Roqua was still posting here, he used to complain that we didn't have news articles on the "good" rpgs(aka rpgmaker clones) he liked. Knowing that, what is to avoid someone to post rpgmaker clones on front page? Infi will gatekeep what is posted there?
On the other hand, if Infinitron, or someone else, gatekeep what is being posted there, people will just give up since they think they are wasting time writing news articles that are not going to be posted.
If you really want help on that I think it's fair to explain what is going to be allowed and what is not. I also consider those dev diary quite annoying when you post every single one of them(back in PoE 1 and 2 it was fucking annoying), might as well just post a resume of the last few and the links for people to look it if they want.
It's sad when you go to the front page and there is only articles on the same game, but it also sucks that no one wants to help so that we have more interesting games being mentioned. Front page do help some devs since they don't need to look around the forum to see if their indie game is being talked here, so they get expositions, they post here and we learn more about their game.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Short of spending thousands on legal advice, and even then, that can only be resolved by a court of law. Facebook is an American website, owned by an American company, with mostly American employees.

None of that stopped the Australian High Court.

The internet is still the wild west when it comes to legislation. Historically I wouldn't have given a shit about our little RPG hobbyist website. But it's all fun and games until the Police rock up on your doorstep and start asking questions about the Codex.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Short of spending thousands on legal advice, and even then, that can only be resolved by a court of law. Facebook is an American website, owned by an American company, with mostly American employees.

The internet is still the wild west when it comes to legislation. Historically I wouldn't have given a shit about our little RPG hobbyist website. But it's all fun and games until the Police rock up on your doorstep and start asking questions about the Codex.

If it gives you peace of mind, make a fundraiser to pay for legal advice. It's not strictly time sensitive so you can figure out an estimated sum and let it go on for as long as needed.

You can't be the only site owner with concerns, surely there is some group that has already done some legwork on the nitty gritty law bullshit that's inevitable.

Shitposter
Lambach, let me educate you on something.

Back in 2002, when the Codex was still in its infancy, the worst thing that was said here on a daily basis was "faggot". That word was thrown around basically everywhere. But there wasn't nearly as much usage of the word "n*gger". Sure, it was thrown around here and there as well, but it was relatively rare and considered just part of the background noise.

Things changed. Things do change. They have changed. Like it or not, we have two choices: 1) Follow DU's wishes and just stop saying nigger so much (actually just don't bypass the filter, so simple) or 2) Kiss RPG Codex goodbye.

In my opinion, RPG Codex is more important than my desire to say nigger all the time. Then again, I'm just not the kind of person who feels some need to be able to do so. Some people here apparently feel differently.

Be mad about it and get out the torches and pitchforks, I guess. Or just go back to the way things were in 2002. Your choice.

just tell the bastard to transfer ownership to a kwanzanian shell corp or one of the kwanzanians on the forum

does this forum even generate any money I doubt it bahahahahah half the users are fucking Eastern Europeans and Brazilians who make $20 a day or something retarded like that

maybe he could have transferred it to you if you weren’t such a transparently jewish worm unworthy of trust

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
You're just an idiot with a case of autism.
iu

You're just sad that all your fantasy people are getting vacations.
vaccines are dope
fauci injected Broseph with his meat vaxx!

Lambach

Arcane

Wait, so what happens to you if you're an American citizen living in America and you get convicted by an Australian court for Internet memes? How can they enforce their decision?

Cael

Arcane

Wait, so what happens to you if you're an American citizen living in America and you get convicted by an Australian court for Internet memes? How can they enforce their decision?
Go through the usual channels, I suppose: Extradition.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Can people stop wasting their time trying to give advice to DU? What he is going to do is ignore everyone, delete GD, install draconian anti-"hatespeech" RULEZZZ, probably add some diversity to the mod team, and preside over the rotting corpse of this forum while patting himself on the back for being so smart and getting a heart-attack every time a police car drives by.

Cael

Arcane

That can't be right, it would be too bizarre. I can't imagine the Kwan government extraditing its own citizen to some other country because he didn't delete memes about negros on his website or some shit.
Just because they go down that route doesn't mean they will succeed. If the US government is sane, it will laugh in their face, tell them to stop wasting time and fuck off. Of course, we have Biden leading the US government, so the "sane" part of the equation is rather in doubt.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
probably add some diversity to the mod team
Reminder that I am Jewish and willing to give the goyim a firm, but fair hand. :M

That can't be right, it would be too bizarre. I can't imagine the Kwan government extraditing its own citizen to some other country because he didn't delete memes about negros on his website or some shit.
Just because they go down that route doesn't mean they will succeed. If the US government is sane, it will laugh in their face, tell them to stop wasting time and fuck off. Of course, we have Biden leading the US government, so the "sane" part of the equation is rather in doubt.
Anonymous incorporation would probably solve the extradition issue.

It all depends on how much effort they're willing to go through to end a website with 150 computer nerds on it. I'm guessing not much. Sending officers to oppress locals is something they do all the time. But the people who handle international stuff are usually busier with more important things than trying to track down the owner of some rando company in Wyoming to stop RPG NEETs from saying n'wah.

edit:

If it gives you peace of mind, make a fundraiser to pay for legal advice. It's not strictly time sensitive so you can figure out an estimated sum and let it go on for as long as needed.

You can't be the only site owner with concerns, surely there is some group that has already done some legwork on the nitty gritty law bullshit that's inevitable.
If he doesn't want to hire a lawyer, incorporating in Wyoming costs around $300 (if you include the extras most sites provide) and can be done in as little as 24 hours. IncFile, Doola etc can help with this, and with setting up a registered agent, a US bank account and all the tax info that goes along with that.

I can only assume that the reason he doesn't do this is because, as an Australian, he prefers to live dangerously. :M

Last edited:

A horse of course

2. Posting news items.
3. Coding (PHP, SQL)

Give me news-posting access.

Reinhardt

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom