Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
We’re also killing a god, which isn’t an everyday occurrence, even in the Warhammer world.

Is it something that actually happened in the Warhammer lore? I know that in 40k most of the eldar gods got eaten by Slaneesh, but I can't think of any in Warhammer

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
End times had a bunch if i recall, partly because they demystified gods to be survivors of past cycles that ascended.

But since AoS is non cannon (anyone saying otherwise is a fat liar) and total warhammer seems to be its own alternate timeline (just like warhammer online or the storm of chaos timeline that saw archaon and chaos being whupped so hard gw had to press the reset button) then nope, no dead gods yet.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The gods in Warhammer lore are ...unclear at best. It's not clear which ones actually exist and which don't. Maybe all of them exist, but who knows. Bretonnia's Lady of the Lake for example is actually the elven goddess Lileath. Tomb King gods are ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, especially because of the whole "broken connection due to Neferem's death" thing. And when we mix in the Chaos gods on top of that it becomes a trainwreck.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
The gods in Warhammer lore are ...unclear at best. It's not clear which ones actually exist and which don't. Maybe all of them exist, but who knows. Bretonnia's Lady of the Lake for example is actually the elven goddess Lileath. Tomb King gods are ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, especially because of the whole "broken connection due to Neferem's death" thing. And when we mix in the Chaos gods on top of that it becomes a trainwreck.

Gods in Warhammer Fantasy don't usually die, but do that thing where they ride off into an unwinnable with Chaos/whoever else they hate (happened to Sigmar, Grimnir, etc). If you view The End Times as canon, some of those come back, so they haven't actually died.

Off the top of my head, I don't know of any bonafide gods that were actually killed.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Why they add Chinese? Are chinese even part of Warhammer? Thought that world is medieval Europe.

Are there Chinese in WH40k?

Sunri

Liturgist
Why they add Chinese? Are chinese even part of Warhammer? Thought that world is medieval Europe.

Warhammer's fantasy have many factions based on other nations like Araby, Nippon or Cathay in WH40k you can have whatever you want there are some Asian characters in the novels but It's hard to say if they're are Chinese Japanese or something else.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Warhammer's fantasy have many factions based on other nations like Araby, Nippon or Cathay in WH40k you can have whatever you want there are some Asian characters in the novels but It's hard to say if they're are Chinese Japanese or something else.

Warhammer Fantasy is pretty blatantly set in a version of our Earth with direct parallels to certain countries (Bretonnia is clearly England/France, Empire is HRE, lizards are... Aztecs?). Cathay and Araby have been in the lore for a very long time. As for Cathay's inclusion in Warhammer Total War... I'm certain that China become a burgeoning consumer in video games has absolutely no impact on GW and CA's decisions lol.

As for Warhammer 40k, humanity is clearly just some homogenous future version of our earth. There's Tau, which are basically space weebs. But besides certain aesthetics and a love for mecha, they don't really share much with the Japanese.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
Wouldn't the japanese be kind of present in the eldar's avatars of khaine as well ? Aren't they giant robots weilding katanas after all ?
I'm certain that China become a burgeoning consumer in video games has absolutely no impact on GW and CA's decisions lol.
The ungodly amount of skulls in the warhammer settings makes it extra hard to market it to China.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
. As for Cathay's inclusion in Warhammer Total War... I'm certain that China become a burgeoning consumer in video games has absolutely no impact on GW and CA's decisions lol.

Also the fact that CA had implemented all other majors factions in the first two games and DLCs.

For 40k, White Scars are pretty much mongols in SPAACE! And, yeah Eldars have taken weeb inspirations (at least those present in the uk at the time)

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Wouldn't the japanese be kind of present in the eldar's avatars of khaine as well ? Aren't they giant robots weilding katanas after all ?

The ungodly amount of skulls in the warhammer settings makes it extra hard to market it to China.

Apparently, the Total Warhammer games are not censored in China, which makes sense as you would basically have to remove/replace every undead unit.

Also the fact that CA had implemented all other majors factions in the first two games and DLCs.

For 40k, White Scars are pretty much mongols in SPAACE! And, yeah Eldars have taken weeb inspirations (at least those present in the uk at the time)

Yeah, they are running out of factions. We might even see Araby as a DLC down the line. It's very likely.

Sunri

Liturgist

Apparently, the Total Warhammer games are not censored in China, which makes sense as you would basically have to remove/replace every undead unit.

Yeah, they are running out of factions. We might even see Araby as a DLC down the line. It's very likely.

They said they won't add Araby

tsecpp0cpy79.png

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Well that's lame. Then all they have to choose from is some very minor factions that nobody really cares about. Maybe flesh out Tilea, etc.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
They can add more campaigns or events with DLC, as well as new lords and units. I'm not really sure what content I want to see added as DLC, the game is already so huge. Tbh, I want them to concentrate more on gameplay and less on new content.

baud

Arcane
Patron
They can add more campaigns or events with DLC, as well as new lords and units. I'm not really sure what content I want to see added as DLC, the game is already so huge. Tbh, I want them to concentrate more on gameplay and less on new content.
Too bad better gameplay can't be sold like additional content.

tsecpp0cpy79.png

That was some time ago, they can still change their mind on that. Though I'd prefer Estalia or Tilea over Araby

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The map simply won't have enough space. The Southlands are too small to feature yet another faction, plus they only do DLC factions that correspond to the games newest additions. They're not going to add anything significant to Lustria or the Old World.

All of this could easily be solved by giving modders more options of course but that won't happen either.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
You know, I'll bet they're gonna add Chaos Dwarfs as a DLC. Which is straight :incline:.

Mitleser2020

Scholar

There is no point of adding any other faction except for Chaos Dwarfs and Dogs of War, two factions who did get army book and are supposed to be active in the regions WH3 is set.
Need for more DLC content? Just create more subfactions of the established 22 factions and add them to the game.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

There is no point of adding any other faction except for Chaos Dwarfs and Dogs of War, two factions who did get army book and are supposed to be active in the regions WH3 is set.
Need for more DLC content? Just create more subfactions of the established 22 factions and add them to the game.

Now that I think about it, you're absolutely right.

baud

Arcane
Patron
The map simply won't have enough space. The Southlands are too small to feature yet another faction, plus they only do DLC factions that correspond to the games newest additions. They're not going to add anything significant to Lustria or the Old World.

All of this could easily be solved by giving modders more options of course but that won't happen either.
from what I remember of the warhammer map, there's enough room South of Cathay to add new factions, like Ind or the snakemen of Kuresh (though those would have to be done from like nothing by CA, as they got barely any lore)

tabacila

Augur
from what I remember of the warhammer map, there's enough room South of Cathay to add new factions, like Ind or the snakemen of Kuresh (though those would have to be done from like nothing by CA, as they got barely any lore)
The problem is not the warhammer lore map, it's CA's WH3 main campaign map. There is no place whatsoever for Ind, Kuresh or Nippon. They could of course extend it in updates, but by what we've seen until now map extensions happens in existing parts of the map that are not used. This doesn't seem to be the case with WH3's main campaign map since it doesn't have any greyed out areas like how Athel Loren originally was in WH1 and the Darklands in Mortal Empires

There is a chance some units from Ind, Kuresh and Nippon will appear as part of Cathay roster or more likely as Dogs of War when The Southern Realms make an appearance. That will also probably be Araby's only chance of appearing since CA seems to have a huge hard on for not including them and they would have fit perfectly in both of WH2's campaigns.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
I'm certain that China become a burgeoning consumer in video games has absolutely no impact on GW and CA's decisions lol.

The strange thing about adding Cathay* is the complete abandonment of the 3K game. Kind of appears the chinese audience didnt get on board with TW?

*which is clearly to hoover up China monies, as it has always been a meme race and should never have been put in the game (at least TW 3, I could have seen a TW 4 focused on just eastern factions being interesting.)

baud

Arcane
Patron

The strange thing about adding Cathay* is the complete abandonment of the 3K game. Kind of appears the chinese audience didnt get on board with TW?

*which is clearly to hoover up China monies, as it has always been a meme race and should never have been put in the game (at least TW 3, I could have seen a TW 4 focused on just eastern factions being interesting.)
I think CA dropped 3K because DLCs were too expensive to develop and didn't get big enough sales; apparently the chinese audience isn't big on DLCs and for CA it made more sense to stop supporting 3K and sell the chineses another full cost game

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
I think CA dropped 3K because DLCs were too expensive to develop and didn't get big enough sales; apparently the chinese audience isn't big on DLCs and for CA it made more sense to stop supporting 3K and sell the chineses another full cost game
Was anyone besides chinks even interested in china total war? My friends and I dont give a fuck about chinamen history it's either European history or gtfo.

Last edited:

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Was anyone besides chinks even interested in china total war? My friends and I dong give a fuck about chinamen history it's either European history or gtfo.

Exactly, that game was made 100% for ching chongs. Its the only TW game I have not played or even pirated just to look at. Interesting that they dont like DLC, I thought china was the land of mobile games and exploitative garbage?

baud

Arcane
Patron
Was anyone besides chinks even interested in china total war? My friends and I dong give a fuck about chinamen history it's either European history or gtfo.

Exactly, that game was made 100% for ching chongs. Its the only TW game I have not played or even pirated just to look at. Interesting that they dont like DLC, I thought china was the land of mobile games and exploitative garbage?

It's an idea I've seen being floated round when discussing the 3K DLCs (without much explanation why it'd be the case), but maybe the DLCs didn't sell because no one was interested in the characters instead?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom