Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos mod for Gothic 2

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I need to redpill you on the organization aptly referred to as "the Subversives". Consider the following red flags:

Screenshot-2021-12-31-194151.jpg
You should talk to the prostitute that is on the hill when you come from the artisan part going in to the harbour.

You do get a lot of XP for simping.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So many whores, and the whorehouse is advertised all across town... AND THEN YOU DON'T EVEN GET TO FUCK ANY WHORES :argh:

Considering how stuck up Marvin is when it comes to talking with women, I bet he'd get 10k XP for shagging a whore.

Cunt Dickula!?

Okay.... It's an amazing game
I really wanted to hate it but i just can't
It's just objectively good
Nevertheless i won't admit that as hardcore PB fanboy

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
This seems too good to be real, yet itz real! What are the chances of that other Gothic 2 big mod, "History of Something..." ever seeing the light of day?

notpl

Arbiter
This seems too good to be real, yet itz real! What are the chances of that other Gothic 2 big mod, "History of Something..." ever seeing the light of day?
They claim they're still working on it, have posted some very compelling video footage showing some kind of game, but they've been pretty much radio silent for awhile now. My guess is they have quite a lot of stuff done, but people have jumped ship and work has slowed to almost nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgiqs1Ukdtk

This video was posted almost a year ago to the day and was their last real PR update.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I just checked replies in comment section of that video. Sort comments by: newest and you'll see Devs replying several times in last few days. Basically - they continue the work, but tell us to not expect release any time soon

just

Liturgist
what a great game
i made my peace long ago that i will never see gothic game again but polacks actually did it
too bad im reading that they dispersed and start working for cdpr and other shitters

thesecret1

Arcane
what a great game
i made my peace long ago that i will never see gothic game again but polacks actually did it
too bad im reading that they dispersed and start working for cdpr and other shitters
After spending years making this, they probably decided that next time, they want to get some money for it too

Sjukob

Arcane
After 105 hours it's finaly done. I even wrote a positive review that tells you everything you need to know about this game.
srthjrsjsrj.jpg

Sjukob

Arcane
Damn, is it that long?
It depends. I was trying to see everything that there was, so of course it took me a long time. I think the only thing I missed was a quest related to solving Valerio brothers dispute, but it's kind of retarded, you either go and do it right away after one of Volker's men tells you about it or you miss it and can never do it later.

However, after all this time, there's one question that was left unanswered. What the fuck was the actual deal with Leonzo?

Sjukob

Arcane
Of course not. They'd have to admit that a bunch of potato modders can create a much better game than they are able to.
After spending years making this, they probably decided that next time, they want to get some money for it too
That's just plain tragic. They will never be able to make something worthwhile as long as they work for a big company. If they wanted money, they could've started their own project and asked for donations. Just look at how popular this thing is, I have no doubt that they would've successfully kickstarted it. My guess is that majority of the team went through a severe burnout over the years and went: "Fuck it, I do what I want to do".

Zariusz

Arbiter
They claim they're still working on it, have posted some very compelling video footage showing some kind of game, but they've been pretty much radio silent for awhile now. My guess is they have quite a lot of stuff done, but people have jumped ship and work has slowed to almost nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgiqs1Ukdtk

This video was posted almost a year ago to the day and was their last real PR update.
In their YT comments, they claimed that they will upload new video only to announce release date and nothing before that.

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
Btw. Marvin can get a womban in the end if you do things right.

8E9F6C635764AF8FDFA30D7DFB5AA9379A092816
The "right" way: "Yes Ivy, I know you were a party to my brother's kidnapping, brutal torture and murder, tried to manipulate me for your gain and attempted to have me killed when I proved inconvenient, but you feel sad about it so I forgive you. Now lemme smash."

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
what a great game

They should have pitched another such total conversion to THQ to be sold as a proper prequel. Maybe they wouldn't get enough money. Likely they'd be burned out. Still, such a shame the team dispersed.

Sjukob

Arcane
The "right" way: "Yes Ivy, I know you were a party to my brother's kidnapping, brutal torture and murder, tried to manipulate me for your gain and attempted to have me killed when I proved inconvenient, but you feel sad about it so I forgive you. Now lemme smash."
I agree, the bitch is plain malevolent, I wasted her without a second thought.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Bounties doesnt expire right? I am on chapter 2 for example if i clear ahead the story to the next chapter it will still be there?
I'm in chapter 4 and so far no quests were failed due to inactivity. So you certainly can get 2 chapters ahead at least.

Mikeal

Arcane

Considering that Marvin is dense as typical jap harem show MC it is probably his only chance to tap da pussy.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That's just plain tragic. They will never be able to make something worthwhile as long as they work for a big company. If they wanted money, they could've started their own project and asked for donations. Just look at how popular this thing is, I have no doubt that they would've successfully kickstarted it. My guess is that majority of the team went through a severe burnout over the years and went: "Fuck it, I do what I want to do".

Yeah, if they had formed their own indie studio and made Gothic-like RPGs of their own, they would easily be able to fund initial development through Kickstarter or Patreon just from goodwill they earned with this mod.
And they obviously would have no issue working on something without pay for a while, either, so money isn't the biggest obstacle here.

It would be a guaranteed bestseller for an indie studio.

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
As much as I love this game, I hope it'll end soon. Whenever I think I'm close to wrapping up, I get a barrage of new quests. Starting to feel like a chore. I've been overpowered for around 40% of the playthrough by now. I keep hearing the voice of Irenicus in my head... "must I be interrupted at every turn?!". Looking forward to the end dungeon though, bet it'll be great.

Making final preparations to go to what I assume will be the end dungeon. One question:

I've received provisions from these people. But I think I'm missing something, because the "Rainy Day Stash" achievement doesn't unlock, and the journal hasn't updated. Do you know of anyone else we can get provisions from?
  • Helga (tavernkeeper, harbor)
  • Knut (woodcutter, harbor)
  • Bevin (beekeeper camp)
  • Zachary (fisherman, Sailor's Retreat)
  • Tomas (dark paladine brewer)
  • Slager (butcher in town)
  • Odgar (smith in town)
  • Ernesto (winemaker in town)
  • Tengral (church of Innos)
  • Rita (vineyard)
  • Valerio brother (vineyard)
  • Helmud (charcoal burner)
  • Bastian (innkeeper Silbach)
  • Dima (Araxos stall)

Sjukob

Arcane
Making final preparations to go to what I assume will be the end dungeon. One question:
At maximum you are 6 hours away from completing the game. I think you've got everyone, the achievment doesn't unlock until you actually enter Vardhal.

However, Vardhal is not the final dungeon, the final dungeons is
burning Archolos

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom