Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos mod for Gothic 2

Arrowgrab

Arbiter
Say, did the mod change how resting in a bed works?

I thought that whenever you lay down in a bed and chose "Rest until next [time of day]", it meant you would rest until the next occasion of [time of day]. For example, if you went to bed at 3:16 a.m. on Day 11 and chose to rest until next noon, then you would rest until the noon of Day 11, which would occur 8 hours and 14 minutes after you went to bed. At least I thought it worked that way.

But Archolos doesn't do that. "Next [time of day]" is interpreted strictly as "[time of day] tomorrow". So, again, if you go to bed at 3:16 a.m. on Day 11 and choose to rest until next noon, you'd sleep until noon on Day 12, losing an entire day. Or in other words, if you go to bed a single minute after midnight, you're forced to sleep through the entire next day, with no option to wake up anytime during it. Which is a bit silly.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I thought that whenever you lay down in a bed and chose "Rest until next [time of day]", it meant you would rest until the next occasion of [time of day]. For example, if you went to bed at 3:16 a.m. on Day 11 and chose to rest until next noon, then you would rest until the noon of Day 11, which would occur 8 hours and 14 minutes after you went to bed. At least I thought it worked that way.

But Archolos doesn't do that. "Next [time of day]" is interpreted strictly as "[time of day] tomorrow". So, again, if you go to bed at 3:16 a.m. on Day 11 and choose to rest until next noon, you'd sleep until noon on Day 12, losing an entire day. Or in other words, if you go to bed a single minute after midnight, you're forced to sleep through the entire next day, with no option to wake up anytime during it. Which is a bit silly.

You could report the bug here:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1467450/discussions/4/

The devs pump out patches and hotfixes regularly.

notpl

Arbiter

It's a deliberate change. The game never punishes you for number of in-game days taken and having the rest always loop over to the next day makes NPC routines work better.

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
Swam around the entire island to look for secrets. Found a couple new ones. I'll also mention a few semi-obvious ones.
  1. There's a sunken shipwreck on the northwestern side of the upper Monastery island. There's a bunch of jewelry there, plus a decent 1H strength weapon called Elisium (good for mid-game).
  2. A little bit west of Sailor's Retreat there's a hidden cave system with around 4-5 rooms. It's got a Beliar shrine, some decent loot, and some undead enemies including a skeletal mage.
  3. At the southwestern part of the map there's a small island with a castaway on it. There's a teleportation circle there, but I didn't find a rune for it. The castaway suggested it'd be worth coming back later, but I haven't followed up on that yet.
  4. This is the most obvious one: The lighthouse island to the northeast has a hidden cave underneath it, with a pirate treasure. You can find a couple of treasure maps that indicate it.
  5. The small isolated beach along the mid-northern part of the island (where you had a quest to fetch a net) becomes settled by orcs in chapter 4. I don't think there was any new loot there, but orc XP at least.
Have you found any other watery points of interest like this?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

It's a deliberate change. The game never punishes you for number of in-game days taken and having the rest always loop over to the next day makes NPC routines work better.

The only actually time sensitive quest I can remember is the house auction in old town. You have exactly two days to pull off your scam.

The game warns you though as it updates the journal to tell you that you only have one day left etc.

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
The only actually time sensitive quest I can remember is the house auction in old town. You have exactly two days to pull off your scam.

The game warns you though as it updates the journal to tell you that you only have one day left etc.
There is a couple of those. The tournament, for example. Or the Lutz/Martha quest. Or the merc quest in the mine.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Thing start to improve for me.
CFDACFA5AB4F1E110961B19FF0D2D620C785523F

But I have one question about a quest line:

I beat this guy...
3B09F9ED48865844D6F03BEFB77420AC953AACC0

... and now this guy calls me a monster and he is stuck in an infinite loop (he is killed by the lurker whenever he is out from it)
92AE35B11D4EAD0AA850AD47C8B5C12DC3B2DEBC

Did I fucked up a quest line?

Tygrende

Arbiter
Anyone else think the small arena at the port is way too easy? NPCs you fight there have barely any HP, my bow build has a 100 dmg melee weapon and only 31 STR (wore +10 belt and 2 +3 rings) but just one crit was enough to KO pretty much everyone, still in Chapter 2. Even fist fights were laughably easy despite having 31 STR. I did have to quaff one temporary potion that improved defenses to beat the 1v2 fist fight, but other than that not even close to losing. Wore a basic leather armor. Pays a lot, too, like 1000 gold total and 1 dragon root.

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
The dogma of Adanos seems a bit questionable & incoherent in this game. He keeps being referred to as the god of law, order, justice, and righteousness. Especially in some of the dialogue in chapter 4-5. Those are all qualities I've been associating with Innos. :?

Chapter 5 question:
I'm offered to join the Circle of Water ("I dedicate my life to Justice" :? ). I don't really want to join this soy Sawyerist balance faction though. Let's say I don't join them... does that just mean I miss out on extra content, or am I at a branch that can lead to 2 different endings?

This is the only time I'll be doing a militia playthrough, so if there's a unique ending if you remain in that faction, I want to go for it now.

Last edited:

Black_Willow

Arcane

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
There is a 'propagandist' in the courtyard behind the scribe's office. He mentions (before having an option to provoke him) someone behind the boatyards named 'Lodlof', who has no dialogue options. There were no associated journal entries. After reloading, the propagandist won't respond at all. I originally thought it was part of the Broad Daylight flyer quest, but I'm thinking I falsely triggered it on the first load.

Also, are there any good outcomes for the Golden Innos quest after the workshop? The result for the amount of legwork makes it seem like I missed something.

Tygrende

Arbiter
I really don't get why the game has immortal NPCs at all when they also made Marvin straight up refuse to finish off some NPCs that were knocked out. Seems like a perfect solution to me, allowed them to be knocked out only and unkillable. There's no need for immortals.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also, are there any good outcomes for the Golden Innos quest after the workshop? The result for the amount of legwork makes it seem like I missed something.

Lateishgame spoilers.

The older paladin gets disillusioned with Innos after the carving/golden innos debacle and heads to the Adanos monastery. If you help him regain his faith via a quest he can later help you out in the end game when you have to recruit warriors for an expedition

Zariusz

Arbiter

Lateishgame spoilers.

The older paladin gets disillusioned with Innos after the carving/golden innos debacle and heads to the Adanos monastery. If you help him regain his faith via a quest he can later help you out in the end game when you have to recruit warriors for an expedition
He will not help you if you spare that novice, Candac then sounds like if he was going convert his faith to Adanos or serve both Innos and Adanos. And then he is not going to help you in expedition, at least i didnt have this dialogue option.

Salvo

Arcane

Lateishgame spoilers.

He will not help you if you spare that novice, Candac then sounds like if he was going convert his faith to Adanos or serve both Innos and Adanos. And then he is not going to help you in expedition, at least i didnt have this dialogue option.
He helped me even though I did the thing in the spoiler.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
So there's the standard late game 'recruit everyone you helped/didn't piss off or kill' to kill big baddie quest?
I still don't regret wasting Blake and his Southerner buddies (even if it did entail buggering off and then cheesing/sniping them from the stairs while they got stuck on furniture).

Zariusz

Arbiter

Lateishgame spoilers.

He helped me even though I did the thing in the spoiler.
Well in my case i didnt get any dialogue.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I need to redpill you on the organization aptly referred to as "the Subversives". Consider the following red flags:

Screenshot-2021-12-31-194151.jpg
You should talk to the prostitute that is on the hill when you come from the artisan part going in to the harbour.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom