Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

why the hate on BG3

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I did not play it nor do I care about it but according to everything I heard its the video game equivalent of a sweaty DM flexing on the rest of the party.

Watching those characters in the background stand like rooted plants looks odd. People do pace and shuffle around.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
This akin to being asked 'why the hate for being shot'. EVIL

deuxhero

Arcane
bg2 is a very serious game for serious gamers
like when you have your pregnant wife with the personality of a child fighting in combat while the insane, retard-level IQ ranger is yelling at his hamster and the gnome illusionist is telling you another story about turnips

FACT: BG2's characters are more appropriate for the Forgotten realms setting than BG3's characters.

False: None of the characters are bisexual, there's only one set of brothel employees in the world, and none engage in casual sex.

Larianshill

Arbiter
False: None of the characters are bisexual, there's only one set of brothel employees in the world, and none engage in casual sex.
Now watch him act surprised, because he's a fucking pseud, who has not the slightest idea what you're talking about.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
like when you have your pregnant wife with the personality of a child fighting in combat while the insane, retard-level IQ ranger is yelling at his hamster and the gnome illusionist is telling you another story about turnips

FACT: BG2's characters are more appropriate for the Forgotten realms setting than BG3's characters.
Stop coping with you archaic trash boomer.

kVC8mP2.png

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

kVC8mP2.png
Very low-effort shitpost.

le.png

Come on, Swen. You can do better than this.

FriendlyMerchant

kVC8mP2.png

Post the actual game's metacritic fucking frog. Not the "remake" whose release was plagued by hundreds of bugs due to Beamdog being completely incompetent that no one plays.

4FVqtmt.png

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

kVC8mP2.png

Post the actual game's metacritic fucking frog. Not the "remake" whose release was plagued by hundreds of bugs due to Beamdog being completely incompetent that no one plays.

4FVqtmt.png
Cope more semite, BG2 in its updated format couldn't even score in the 80's on metacritic. Complete and utter failure, an archaic rpg that belongs to the trash heap of gaming history.

Hell it being RTWP is enough to ignore this garbage. Thank god BG3 will be a real D&D game.

FriendlyMerchant

kVC8mP2.png

4FVqtmt.png
Cope more semite, BG2 in its updated format couldn't even score in the 80's on metacritic. Complete and utter failure, an archaic rpg that belongs to the trash heap of gaming history.

Hell it being RTWP is enough to ignore this garbage. Thank god BG3 will be a real D&D game.

BG3 is a mass effect game. It can never be a D&D game. Why? 5e is not D&D. The last version of D&D ever released was AD&D.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

kVC8mP2.png

4FVqtmt.png

BG3 is a mass effect game. It can never be a D&D game. Why? 5e is not D&D. The last version of D&D ever released was AD&D.
By your logic BG2 was also never a D&D game then since it's RTWP. Fck off with your cope Moshe.

BG2 has been reviewed again without nostalgia goggles and it failed. Nobody besides some geriatric boomers on a dying forum care about BG2.

FriendlyMerchant

kVC8mP2.png

4FVqtmt.png

By your logic BG2 was also never a D&D game then since it's RTWP. Fck off with your cope Moshe.

BG2 was a D&D game with rtwp just like Ravenloft was a realtime D&D game.

BG2 has been reviewed again without nostalgia goggles and it failed.

The remake which somehow introduced over 500 bugs on launch was reviewed. The lower review on the EE is entirely due to the 500 bugs (often game breaking).

Nobody besides some geriatric boomers on a dying forum care about BG2.

Boomers want real games. They don't want cutscene simulators. BG2 is a real game. BG3 is just a cutscene simulator.

Last edited by a moderator:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
There are times (a lot actually) real time and RTWP fucking annoys the hell out of me. I like TURN-BASED where i can sit back, listen to some Mozart or Bach etc, sip a whiskey, and breathe in that deep incense that is probably opium or something while petting my kitty like an evil overlord pondering my next move.

I don't always like spazzing out like some junky hoping I hit the fucking pause before the asshat opposition gets some retarded first strike because I'm distracted.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
There are times (a lot actually) real time and RTWP fucking annoys the hell out of me. I like TURN-BASED where i can sit back, listen to some Mozart or Bach etc, sip a whiskey, and breathe in that deep incense that is probably opium or something while petting my kitty like an evil overlord pondering my next move.

I don't always like spazzing out like some junky hoping I hit the fucking pause before the asshat opposition gets some retarded first strike because I'm distracted.

Turn-based is how dnd adaptations are meant to be played. It's the best way of recreating the slow-paced, thoughtful and creative atmosphere of tabletop.

That being said, I have nothing against RTwP as long as AI functionality is solid, which is very rare.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I said many times that Codexers would justify all sorts of shit as long as turn based combat is there lmao.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Reasons BG3 is good:
  • If it succeeds, it will forever overshadow the Bioware BG games
  • If it fails, it will tarnish the Bioware BG games by association

I prefer to think of BG3 as a win/win situation. :greatjob:

Why the hate towards BG1/2? BG1/2 has a extremely superior ruleset, better story, better companions and better everything except graphics.

I prefer the graphics of the old IE games by a mile.

KateMicucci

Arcane
That's a good thing. Tabletop is for trannies and all other sorts of degenerates these days. That is WotC's target audience these days. Not missing much by not playing tabletop.
They have worked hard to create the perception that most pnp players are blue haired trannies but how do we know that's true. All the people I know who do tabletop are trad churchgoers.

It has become blatantly obvious that this is your alt account, rusty_shackleford

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom