Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Another translation of a Robot Wars game (Super Robot Wars W for the NDS).

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/6462/

6462screenshot1.png
6462screenshot2.png
6462screenshot4.png

Riumedis

Novice
Metal Dreamers Discord said:
Hey @everyone , we've got a big surprise for ya! Metal Max 4 translation is work in progress! About 75% of the script has been translated so far; mind you, the entire game has at least twice much text (with DLCs) as Metal Max 2 Reloaded, so we still have thousands of lines left to translate, and most of hacking too. Even so, we decided to announce it, seeing that many people have been asking about it. So, don't expect the completion of the patch this year, but within the next couple years... who knows? See you when we have more things to share about it! Now, enjoy some juicy screenshots.

Title_Screen.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

6.png

Metal Max 4 is being fan translated by Metal Dreamers, they have already translated Metal Max 2R and Metal Max 3. I am really surprised that Metal Max games have such a dedicated group of fan translators

Does anyone known which Metal Max is a good starting point?

I almost rated your post "old", 'cuz I was sure either me or Endemic have posted about this patch ITT. But it looks like it was the "romhacks" thread:

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/romhacks-ahoy.139631/#post-7437968

Anyway, I used this patch when playing FE5 and it's great (no errors + nice QoL features).

:incline:

Thanks for reminder, I didn't known there was a romhacks thread. I can finally try to play Dawn Of Sorrow without trying to draw magic runes.

deuxhero

Arcane
Does anyone known which Metal Max is a good starting point?

Any of the ones in English (1R, 2R, 3, or the officially released Metal Saga) except Xeno (which is just... not good) and Metal Dogs (obviously a spinoff) are good. Plots aren't really connected and none of them have mechanics so unrefined and raw they're a bad first impression. Worst mechanics of those four games is MM3, and that's only inferior because because 2R took them and made them near perfect.

Duraframe300

Arcane
I like how the gameplay had less text then the support me page for the translator.

From the Patreon:

The biggest thing I've been working on is a tool to extract and edit sprite and tile data from PS1 games. There are a couple of games I'm looking to translate that store text in these formats and can't be translated without such a tool. As a bonus, I can also extract beautiful pixel art from video games using it, like the gif above.

To put it to use, there's a smaller translation project that I'm working on that shouldn't take much time now that the tool is ready to use. The game will be announced just one week before the patch is complete and released.

So, this was more of a side project that came from tool development.

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
Sorry for barging in, fellas. Just wondering, is there a repository for translations on the web other than Romhacking.net?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom