Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Jinn

Arcane
The thing that is getting tiresome for me is the monster density, there is too much fighting trash monsters and after a certain point it gets a little bit repetitive

Luckily my spells are starting to hit like a truck so I can just murder goblins etc with ease now
Just run past them. I do all the time. Just keep calling your pawns to you when you do it and you can get away from them fast enough.

Black

Arcane
This basically echoes some earlier things but I thought the specifics were interesting.
There's some decent benchmarks buried in this article as well, as well as some specifics as to what might be causing it, and what fixes we might be seeing in the future.

https://www.pcgamer.com/games/rpg/dragons-dogma-2-performance-analysis/

Unrelated -- For those who are as annoyed with the save-game situation as I am, there's a good mod for it that lets you have infinite saves.

https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma2/mods/52
https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma2/mods/59

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Been playing warrior, and I think they improved the class from DD1.

Very satisfying to land those big hits and combos with the timing skill. Gotta try the parries today

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
And i'm sure there are nothing else to do after DD2 's endgame, next game plus can be just repeatitive after a while.
Why has every game today offer endless content? It wasn't like that in the past. You play a game, complete it and move to the next one.
Yeah, who cares about "endgame".
...but the main/final quest better have some clear and satisfying resolution :negative:

NotSweeper

Educated
1711353722865184.jpg

Listen, I'm all about worshipping black queens, but not like this.

Renfri

Cipher
I found griffin lair while messing about during night. I saw griffin sleeping there and managed to cast meteor for some nice instakill. I've seen griffin on the ground only once before and then I was too busy to fight it. After that I've seen it fly above me many times, but still never attacking, I even fought and killed dragon before first griffin kill. Felt abit strange.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

Seems like it's mainly the NPC AI in the towns/city.

A bunch of NPCs shuffling around and doing nothing can overwhelm an i9, meanwhile Oblivion, an 18yo game with more complex NPC schedules, ran and still runs flawlessly on a variety of hardware.

Todd wins again.

:hearnoevil:

Glad someone did a benchmark to shit on the fanyboys though.

Barbarian

Arcane
Where is the portcrystal at notrivendell I mean Arborheart? Cannot seem to find it.
There is none. From what I can tell, there is 2 port-crystals in the main game, Vernworth and Harve. And Battahl are hardcore Rift-haters, so there's none there whatsoever.

If there's no Ox-cart, you're shit out of luck, beyond finding your own port-crystals you drop, but they're incredibly rare (I know of 5, so far)

You get a placeable portcrystal from saving elf waifu, for some reason it took me a while to notice it in my inventory. You just drop it anywhere and get quick travel.

You can place it anywhere but I assume devs associated it with this quest in order for you to use it on arborheart. It is a hard to reach place not connected to roads after all.

Barbarian

Arcane
ITT, performance is great on PS5. Got no slowdowns or anything.

Just got a fight with the undead flying wizard guy. Fighting large monsters is really where this game shines. I'm quite sure whoever designed this watched Willow as a kid, the very idea of climbing a monsters back and swording its head/neck to death comes from that movie in my head.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I've used the fighter's shield throw to get a few Pawns into hard to get places. I even used one to throw my pawn over the top of a barricaded door, and she then smashed it open so the party could get in there. Pretty nifty. Though sometimes the pawns dick around and stare at the chest as if I had some other reason to loft them to that spot.
Yeah, in my case, my main pawn has it and usually if I stand in place and look where I want to go, he'll set it up. Sometimes takes a bit.

I should add to this - if he doesn't, it usually means there's some other "intended" way of getting to it and you should look around a bit.

Shrimp

Arbiter
I've used the fighter's shield throw to get a few Pawns into hard to get places. I even used one to throw my pawn over the top of a barricaded door, and she then smashed it open so the party could get in there. Pretty nifty. Though sometimes the pawns dick around and stare at the chest as if I had some other reason to loft them to that spot.
Yeah, in my case, my main pawn has it and usually if I stand in place and look where I want to go, he'll set it up. Sometimes takes a bit.

I should add to this - if he doesn't, it usually means there's some other "intended" way of getting to it and you should look around a bit.
That's my impression as well, except in some cases that intended solution presumably just is 'walk the entire way around instead of trying to enter this place through its exit'
A lot of the time when I see some chest or ladder located on a cliffside or ledge that should be reachable with the help from the fighter/warrior skill the pawns just sit around without helping, even when I try to instruct them with the various d-pad commands.
Some times I can just barely make it up there with a combination of thief skills but in a handful of cases it has also felt like I had no choice but to just come back from the other side.

I wouldn't be surprised if the places where the pawns do help you out just are hardcoded or something like that

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
Just killed my first drake at level 32. First fight were I had to go back to a stone and select pawns with a specific set of skills and reasonable defence stats. Great fight, except for the meteor spam, but that was just a dps check, so 'twas fair cop, guv.

Black

Arcane
The new game option... folded thousands of times, never before seen technology... Japs are truly masters of their craft...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom