Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout Fortnite? Fortout? Fallnite?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Fallout; Fortnite

And on the subject of Oh, for frig's sake news, TheHeroOfTime has run across this Tweet:

So, maybe Fallout is coming to Fortnite, which actually is significantly less enticing to me than LEGO Fortnite. I mean, this can't be worse than Fallout 76, right? RIGHT? I mean, it can't be more canon rapey than everything else in the last decade of Bethesda stewardship. Can it?

I guess we can only wait with baited breath!

Kruyurk

Learned
You know it has turned into unsalvageable garbage when every franchise gets mixed with every franchise. Just like Magic the Gathering has now a Forgotten Realms, a Warhammer 40K and a Lord of the Rings sets. The only reasoning at that point is how to bleed the most cash possible out of the mindless drones too stupid to abandon a sinking ship.

Gandalf

Arbiter
You know it has turned into unsalvageable garbage when every franchise gets mixed with every franchise. Just like Magic the Gathering has now a Forgotten Realms, a Warhammer 40K and a Lord of the Rings sets. The only reasoning at that point is how to bleed the most cash possible out of the mindless drones too stupid to abandon a sinking ship.
MtG has Fallout too.

The Jester

Cipher
"Brotherhood of Steel? Oh you mean those guys from Fortnite!"
zoomer-wojak.gif

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I think it's very telling that the picture shows the T-60 Power Armor, kind of like how the TV show just showed T-60 Power Armor. They didn't show the iconic T-51b, or even the best Power Armor in the games, which was the Advanced Power Armor. Nope, it's the T-60, the best Power Armor that was specifically done by Bethesda.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Doesn't it feel nice to have the things we like validated in such a significant way?

Inb4 "more like violated".

frajaq

Erudite
Holy fucking poggers that John Fallout skin looks amazing, I'm gonna go watch the TV show right now, and then watch a YouTube content creator tell me about past games!

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
The sight of a Brotherhood of Steel paladin doing the floss should hopefully be the last push anyone needs to fully let go of any remaining love they have left for this franchise.

shrekkie

Novice
To be fair, I doubt it will be anything more than just some skins for the player character and maybe some weapons. (a power armor skin would be cool, not that I've played the game in years) Hardly anything to get up in arms over.

Zeriel

Arcane
Doesn't it feel nice to have the things we like validated in such a significant way?

Inb4 "more like violated".

I really wish I had saved the original quote, but there was some guy on these forums back in the day who described this feeling perfectly. It was along the lines of: "What is so desirable about my childhood that executives feel the need to molest it repeatedly?"

Jacov

Educated
I think it's very telling that the picture shows the T-60 Power Armor, kind of like how the TV show just showed T-60 Power Armor. They didn't show the iconic T-51b, or even the best Power Armor in the games, which was the Advanced Power Armor. Nope, it's the T-60, the best Power Armor that was specifically done by Bethesda.
Which encapsulates my thoughts about Bethesda's Fallout escapades perfectly. They were obviously trying to appease old Fallout fans with Fallout 3. We have Enclave, Regulators, supermutants, BoS, Harold for fucks sake! Look guys, it's FALLOUT! Original fans were obviously not happy. That's not right Todd! What the FUCK are you doing?
When time came for Fallout 4 they got new audience that fell in love with F3 and also newcomers from Skyrim. Much, MUCH larger audience and more profitable. So they understood they can ditch those ungrateful asshole Fallout fans in favor of newfags. Then they re-designed almost everything in Fallout out of spite (even their old designs from F3), leaving only marketable shit like BoS or supermutants somewhat familliar (though putting their special touch on those, too).

It makes sense they use their new designs, they are more marketable. Do you want to see those ugly Fallout 3 graphics that we made to appease spoiled classic Fallout fans? And they didn't even like them!
They not only have zero emotional connection to their past works (hardly anyone from those days is still around), I think they are also ashamed of them tbh.
Shit there was that video on one of their channels a few years back in Starfield promo campaign where they showed all their games. They didn't even bother to launch Morrowind to get some footage, they took it in crusty quality from YouTube. And camera cuts before video reaches Fallout 76 lmao.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom