Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ghost of Tsushima - open world game set in feudal Japan

Sentinel

Arcane
You attack the enemy multiple times and they start defending, and this is bad somehow?
No, what is bad is that every enemy recovers at exactly the same time - making every single combat encounter extremely predictable.
This is how real combat works.
???? even if we were pretending GoT is trying to be realistic, no, that's now how real combat works at all. 90% of the time there's no recovering and going on the offensive after you're attacked in martial combat - the back and forth doesn't exist (this is irrelevant though, GoT isn't trying to be realistic).

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I don't know why there's still so much discussion after someone said the game is a muh samurai power fantasy.

That's 100% what the game is.

Muh pure nihonese 1000-folded steel katana.

Muh bodypillow waifu.

Muh ninjago and single slice, nothing personnel.

/thread

ferratilis

Magister
Tbh, I'm already bored. After seeing a fifth fox in a row trying to guide me to another hot spring or haiku spot, I've had enough. It's the typical Ubisoft design. When I want some cool action game set in Japan, I'll just play Nioh, or Sekiro again. Those games have superb combat. Westerners just can't into third person combat design, if their life depended on it. Those of you who enjoy the game, keep at it.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nice atmosphere but I got bored of GoT in 5 hours. I thought it's gonna be more akin to Twitcher 3, but it's just a button presser simulator to fight endless enemies everywhere. 10/10 IGN, game of the millenium, probably.

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Has anyone tried the “Legends” MP mode? Thoughts? A friend brought up trying it out. The game didn’t do much for me on release, but it was decent enough - just way too easy after some upgrades on hard and felt very check-listy. Also with the world looking nice but designed very arcade-like where every space and encounter felt like an instance. I guess if I played “casual” co-op/raid PvE modes that were less focused on being “in a world” it would be less offensive. I also have heard mention there’s a different progression system based on classes?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Would be cool if the game kept track of your HONORABU behavior.

I think only change after many dishonorable kills (even bows are considered dishonorable) is the weather. You'll get pretty bleak weather with lots of storms. Thought it matters little since you can change the "seasons" by just playing the flute...
Even with playing %100 melee with standoffs, game always recognize you as an """""oathbreaker"""". Nothing changes, there were only some minor choices at the end if I remember right.
Other than that this game is Assassin's Creed Japan before Ubisoft. Their new game probably be worse than this one.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
After a few hours in,the game is not good. Far too many forced animation to sit trough,not much gameplay. The combat is smash right button to break block,then kill,once in a while press button to dodge. Also a lot of sjw feminist garbo in it. Everyone is a strong independent womxn,and all the men are cucks and losers. The game even wastes your time with 1 minute idiotic horse animation after every successful mission.

Atmosphere and setting are cool for sure,but it is wasted on the japs,tho people just dream about being like holywood. Feels like kojima garbage...

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
After a few hours in,the game is not good. Far too many forced animation to sit trough,not much gameplay. The combat is smash right button to break block,then kill,once in a while press button to dodge. Also a lot of sjw feminist garbo in it. Everyone is a strong independent womxn,and all the men are cucks and losers. The game even wastes your time with 1 minute idiotic horse animation after every successful mission.

Atmosphere and setting are cool for sure,but it is wasted on the japs,tho people just dream about being like holywood. Feels like kojima garbage...

So it's amazing game then.

Great to know.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Isn't that what Twitcher 3 is? :shittydog:
No, twitcher had proper quests and some intricate plotlines with minor C&C.

Unless you consider Bloody Baron storyline similar to watching awesome cutscene with honorable samurai not surrendering, or Ladies of the Lake same as clearing another Mongol outpost.

Also, you know
Twitcher had sex, samurai gets insta-friendzoned

Not that twitcher 3 was good either. Only the first one was.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Unless you consider Bloody Baron storyline

The Bloody Baron questline is mediocre and overrated and it's time that people stopped saying otherwise. It wasn't even good for its time.

The only reason it stands out in TW3 is because the writing in the game is generally trash.

Konjad

Patron
Unless you consider Bloody Baron storyline

The Bloody Baron questline is mediocre and overrated and it's time that people stopped saying otherwise. It wasn't even good for its time.

The only reason it stands out in TW3 is because the writing in the game is generally trash.
wtf, you think it's mediocre in comparison to GoT quests? You clearly have no fucking clue about anything, it's samurai japan woooo yeah, much better than some potato! Konnichiwa sudoku chan, kawaii muchu superioru to somu kurwu.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
wtf, you think it's mediocre in comparison to GoT quests? You clearly have no fucking clue about anything, it's samurai japan woooo yeah, much better than some potato! Konnichiwa sudoku chan, kawaii muchu superioru to somu kurwu.

It's mediocre in general. I know you're polish and probably very annoyed at me saying something bad about the only not-completely-shit thing to come out of your country in centuries, but TW3 is mediocre and Bloody Baron is not a good example of writing compared to... anything, really.

Silva

Arcane
Whoever believed the game would be more than a well-made/least bad Ubiworld clone was deluding themselves.

As a fan of the setting and period, I managed to enjoy it for a single playthrough. That's it.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Whoever believed the game would be more than a well-made/least bad Ubiworld clone was deluding themselves.

As a fan of the setting and period, I managed to enjoy it for a single playthrough. That's it.
So? That's fine, especially for spending exactly 0$

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
The lighting in this game is so weird. Everything looks completely overdone:
ghost.jpg

This is without HDR, on the "high" preset, no upscaling of any kind. With HDR it becomes even worse. Is it supposed to look this way? All my drivers are up to date.

deama

Prophet
View attachment 49838
This is without HDR, on the "high" preset, no upscaling of any kind. With HDR it becomes even worse. Is it supposed to look this way? All my drivers are up to date.
It's a flashback, so I guess it's supposed to be.

Ash

Arcane

It's mediocre in general. I know you're polish and probably very annoyed at me saying something bad about the only not-completely-shit thing to come out of your country in centuries

Darkwood and Dying Light are respectable pol accomplishments. Otherwise yeah, it's quite a sorry sight: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_games_developed_in_Poland

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
View attachment 49838
Well, Japan was nuked.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom