Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder ✡️✡️POLL!; Is Pathfinder: Kucmaker really this bad?(´ರೃ益ರೃ`)

Is Pathfinder: Kucmaker not good?

• Yes.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jackpot

Learned
There is no fucking way I'm watching all of that shit.
I skipped around a little bit, and all I could find was a guy looking at a level 4 Valery and acting like her having 22 constitution and 26 AC was insane, and then both of them agreeing that the game is filled with stat bloat.
Which I mean, is totally true, but more so for the enemies than fucking Valery.

If we're talking about UX then yeah there are probably about a billion things the game could do better, but I assumed there weren't really any UX designers in Western Europe (or for them UX Design is just a side project from farming beets or something) so I give them a pass.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
My level 16 Valerie has 51 AC I think? And sometimes I send her in, turn on the defender power, and literally nothing can hit her.

As for the game, it has a lot of annoyances but I still think it's damn good. Maybe if I get cancer and can't get out of bed I'll watch that video, but overall I'd say "flawed gem" out of 10.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Strat-Edgy is a great channel to watch if you ever want someone who is retarded and was never mercifully informed he was retarded and so he progresses through life not knowing he is retarded.

Trashos

Arcane
My level 16 Valerie has 51 AC I think? And sometimes I send her in, turn on the defender power, and literally nothing can hit her.

Emphasis on sometimes, because from midgame on the dangerous enemies are not targeting AC, they are targeting Touch.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Kingmaker is a very flawed game, but it's a masterpiece nonetheless. Its flaws are sometimes infuriating, but they are meaningless when you look at them in the context of the amazing game Owlcat managed to put together in just a couple of years.

We can only be grateful to those russian madmen for snatching the Pathfinder license and starting making games that we have been waiting for for at least a decade. A Pathfinder CRPG was long overdue.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Assuming you're using the TB mod, it's much better than most cRPGs from the last 15 years, which I know it's not saying much, but there it is. Probably you can make a case that certain indies from the last decade have been better.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Assuming you're using the TB mod, it's much better than most cRPGs from the last 15 years, which I know it's not saying much, but there it is. Probably you can make a case that certain indies from the last decade have been better.
The game is still worth playing multiple times even in RTwP and I fucking despise RTwP.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Emphasis on sometimes, because from midgame on the dangerous enemies are not targeting AC, they are targeting Touch.

It depends on the enemies, yeah. I just had that happen in the Castle of Knives or whatever though, with the ghost assassins, so it's not all early game. She's pretty much invulnerable to normal melee though.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath

Have you heard of KotC ?

Have you read my post? it's just one line. I said some indies are better.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Correct me if i an wrong, but is not the video of a guy that criticized for 50 minuets "hur dur permanent effects like blindness doesn't work in video games". Ignoring that he can change it on difficulty tab and that perma effects existis in CRPG's since 80s. I got a companion perma petrified on M&M VII as a child and see no problem with it.

I will not watch a 4 hour long video. Please, summarize his main arguments if is not the case.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Also, how is it possible that there are like 100 joke names for the game but nobody yet ever used Pozfinder?
You know Pozfinder Hivmaker for example.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom