Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Blobbers were blobbers way before this retarded thread was started and will still be blobbers when this conversation goes straight to the retardoland.

Well, at least this thread was a coming out for Rusty and his simps.

Autistic little trannie incels like yourself, who have nothing to say, nothing to contribute other than their seething impotent rage make my day brighter.

You've added nothing to this thread, your opinion is worthless. You realize that.

You are worthless, that I know you are aware of, but your opinion is as well.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
what is your favorite soloer game? do you prefer gothic or ultima underworld?

Gothic is a walking simulator.
Ultima Underworld a single character dungeon crawler.

More worthless drivel that adds nothing, only wastes time. Nobody cares what you think. Your opinion isn't worth pissing on, you fucking retard.

There's always some kind of aspiring neckbeard shitlord like yourself who has an bizarrely overinflated opinion of their own worth.

Just kill yourself already. Nobody will notice.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Just kill yourself already. Nobody will notice.

You would, who else would retardo all your posts if I wasn't here?

Self-righteous smugness, but not concealing the infantile rage. "If you don't do as I say, I will rate your posts", like a fucking 5 year old.
rating_lulz.gif

I'm not your parent, your passive aggressive toddler methods don't have purchase here.

Have you done anything more than rage impotently over that people don't share your retarded opinion? No. Of course not.

You are a shit-eating man-baby. kys

mondblut

Arcane
What about the "first person party based dungeon crawler RPG" definition?

Like, uh, Pools of Darkness or Star Trail?

Oops... They are "first person party based dungeon crawler RPGs with separate third-person tactical turn-based combat mode". FPPBDCRPGWSTPTTBCM sounds like one hell of a genre!

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
What about the "first person party based dungeon crawler RPG" definition?

Like, uh, Pools of Darkness or Star Trail?

Oops... They are "first person party based dungeon crawler RPGs with separate third-person tactical turn-based combat mode". FPPBDCRPGWSTPTTBCM sounds like one hell of a genre!

Don't argue with me about it, you fucktard.

Take it up with the other "blobber" sycophants who absolutely deny Pools of Darkness or any Gold Box games are blobbers.

I don't give a shit how you define some made up bullshit genre. I don't care, but it's not lost on me that every single one of you besserwissers have your own pet definition of "blobber".

To me it's all bullshit, and if you're too goddam stupid to realize that every single person has his own private way of defining "blobber" you are one epic moron.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
No one thinks the gold box games are blobbers, just like no one thinks Skyrim or any other single character game is a blobber.

Skyrim is a single character blobber and there's definitely people who think gold box games are blobbers. It's in the name.

The only one confused about what a blobber is seems to be you, but as far as I can tell it is self inflicted, since people have provided the definition for what a blobber is (hint it is in the name) several times, but you insist on creating your own definition and then arguing the definition you created is bad.

Exactly, it's in the name, which is why Skyrim is a blobber, Gold box games are blobbers, jrpgs are blobbers — of course any and all of these are also not blobbers depending on who you ask.

There's no confusion about what a "blobber" is, it is what you want it to be. It's in the name.

Codex Year of the Donut
what's a blobber?
"oh, it's a first person party-based dungeon crawler."
so what do you call the ones that don't have parties?
"we call those first person dungeon crawlers"

:hmmm:

Bastardchops

Augur
Patron
If we got rid of the word blobber we'd simply have to come up with another word to describe games with blob combat.

What about the "first person party based dungeon crawler RPG" definition? What is "blob combat" and how do you define it?

Are you sure you're not just with yet another distinct personal interpretation on what the word ostensibly means, thereby proving my point that it is a fundamentally redundant and pointless attempt at a definition which has survived only through each individual making his own interpretation of the term based on the name "blobber"?

Kind of a nerd Rorschach test.
It's interesting that the people who use it all have the same definition, stated multiple times in this thread already, and yet your Roomba level brain hasn't grasped it yet.

BruceVC

Magister
What I mean is, the genre of the game shouldn't be affected or change whether or not you choose to play with one character or more — an uncontroversial opinion, I would have thought.
Here's a question. Is Icewind Dale a party based rpg or a single character rpg?
Go shill you vaxx somewhere else Fauci-gimp.
At least you have one redeeming feature.

I know this one, IWD is definitely a party based RPG

BlaineMono

Liturgist
Speaking of blobbers, is Grimoire actually worth getting into, unironically? This thread has put me in a mood for some nice blobber action, but Atlantico's mum wouldn't pick up

BlaineMono

Liturgist
Also, food for thought: in blobbers, players assume the role of "the party", an abstract entity that encompasses several technically independent sentient beings, working as one

So, when two blobber characters are having sex, is it technically masturbation?

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Many people grognards on this forum insist that as soon as you have two or more characters the genre changes and it becomes a "blobber".

Play it "solo", and it is no longer a "blobber", because there is only one "character" now and everything is from his perspective.

A game' genre is defined by the game's mechanics, not how you decide to play it.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Also, food for thought: in blobbers, players assume the role of "the party", an abstract entity that encompasses several technically independent sentient beings, working as one

So, when two blobber characters are having sex, is it technically masturbation?

Since blobber characters are just numbers, I guess it must be 69.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
A game' genre is defined by the game's mechanics, not how you decide to play it.

Sure, game mechanics.

Have you played games like Might & Magic 6 or Wizards & Warriors? Here is Wizards & Warriors where your party of 6, including an elephant man, is carried by a single horse:

As you point out in this thread, there's no mechanical difference between a "party" and a single character equivalent in this "blobber". It's literally the same mechanical game.

That's exactly why "blobber" isn't a genre. There's no difference.

How is this a blobber? Plays exactly like any given "blobber", because the game mechanics are exactly the same.

Indie - Morgana - a cutesy-Lovecraftian pixel blobber

Only one character. No party.

And this is one of the main reasons absolutely everything you say on this topic has no value.

I don't care about your opinion. Why did you think your opinion matters? You've had plenty of opportunity to present a case, and all you've done is appeal to emotions.

Are you a woman or just a bitch?

It's interesting that the people who use it all have the same definition, stated multiple times in this thread already, and yet your Roomba level brain hasn't grasped it yet.

Then my posts have that over your posts; they're interesting.

Even so, you're wrong and there's nobody here with the exact same definition of the term.

What's with all these dumbfuck 300 post accounts crawling out of the woodwork? So many sockpuppets and alts or people who are genuinely retarded? We may never know.

Last edited:

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Blobber is not a genre just like how party-based isn't a genre. That doesn't mean either of them are useless descriptions, because there are people who love their party-based RPGs, just like how there are people who love their blobbers. If you are going to argue against blobbers, then you better make a strong case as to why party-based games are meaningless.

Only a retard such as he who shall not be named could think this is a blobber:

12761_mitzdeho0t1ph7vbnglv.jpg

How the fuck can you have a blobber when there's no blob in combat, i.e. the only moment where having a blob actually matters?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Speaking of blobbers, is Grimoire actually worth getting into, unironically? This thread has put me in a mood for some nice blobber action, but Atlantico's mum wouldn't pick up
Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar is the greatest CRPG since sliced bread.

eDwVnsJ.png

lStmQ4W.png

DcC5LxF.png

kA3m1cp.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom