Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

20 reasons why Kingmaker is objectively better than Baldurs Gate 2

Which game is better?

• Total voters

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This guy is a troll isn't he?.
Try harder. At least play it stupid enough to not look like your trolling. That's the secret I think.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Did you just take the screenshot from the last page comparing writing from BG2 and Kingmaker? Not suprising because the BG2 screenshot was from Hexaat of Beamdog/EE fame.

Jazz_

Arcane
I haven't played Kingmaker but I don't doubt the better companions point, it's hard to do worse than annoying caricatures yelling infantile shit in your ear all the time like in BG2.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Baldurs Gate 2 may be winning, but it has 20 years of nolstalgia to use as a crutch. If it had came out today, not a single person would vote for it.

More likely they're voting in spite because you keep bugging the shit out of everyone. Is this some kind of reverse psychology tactic to make BG2 more popular?

Baldurs Gate 2 may be winning, but it has 20 years of nolstalgia to use as a crutch. If it had came out today, not a single person would vote for it.
many people, when they talk about playing Baldur's Gate 2, talk about playing it with mods

The Baldur's Gate series were easily my favorite prior to modding. I don't think I used any mods until probably 2007. Modding only revived and deepened my appreciation for them. In time, I hope for Pathfinder: Kingmaker to enjoy the same fate. It doesn't matter if mods are the reason a great game becomes the best game, or a good game becomes a great game, so long as we get it.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
He's "secrectly" shilling for BG2 through spurring people to extol its virtues. This indirect approach is a tested and good strategy.

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
Worthless poll, because people who despise Baldur's Gate don't care about Kingmaker as it was marketed as BG++, and Baldur's Gate fans are mostly nostalgic faggots.

Gregz

Arcane
Worthless poll, because people who despise Baldur's Gate don't care about Kingmaker as it was marketed as BG++, and Baldur's Gate fans are mostly nostalgic faggots.

There was a time when cRPGs had high production value, and better quality across the board.

Not to mention the fact that we're living in a post gamergate SJW-infested nightmarescape of storytelling norms.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
Zc7VAEK.png

nobre

Cipher
Holy shit those screenshots in the opening post look bad, real bad. Goofy, cartoony art-direction, World of Warcraft tier. UI looks like some MMO too. Never liked floating numbers and text above heads either, PS:T having them was a mistake.

I get the idea that this game is regarded as a pleasant surprise. How far have we strayed from God to perceive this as an unexpected gem?

:negative:

Shin

Cipher
no irony intended, but is Pathfinder Kingmaker ready for consumption by now? I got a huge backlog so I don't mind waiting another 6 months so they can iron out the rough edges and improve on the kingdom building aspect and so forth but they seem to be shitting out 'extra' content now and such, which would normally mean the 'standard' stuff is somewhat polished?

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
The real troll here is the "nostalgia fag" angle. There's no such thing as nostalgia for good things; either something is good or it isn't.

Don't let his decoy poll distract you from his true agenda which is trying to normalize "nostalgia" as a thing.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Please do something like, "20 reasons why minecraft has a better story than Planescape: Torment," next. I need more entertainment.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
That would be a false equivalency.

Both Kingmaker and BG2 are isometric RTwP computer roleplaying games. One just happens to be better than the other in every way imaginable.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom