Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

5 games you always come back to

Spacer's Nugget

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
By far:
-Deus Ex: Invisible War
-Fallout 1/2
-Far Cry 2
-Hitman: Blood Money
-S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

Honorable Mention(s):
-Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis
-StarCraft
-SWAT 4
-Unreal Tournament

Always dropped halfway:
-Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Ivan

Arcane
I don't really look back after I finish a game, nor do I play more than 2 games concurrently. I do have a list of games I'd like to replay in some hazy, ideal future though. Here are 5 of them:

Devil May Cry 3
Rayman Origins
God Hand
Thief
Mark of the Ninja

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Always dropped halfway:

That's the curse of Bloodlines. That game deserved a better pacing at the end. Wish there was a competent dev team out there who would remake this game (or at least the second half of it) in the spirit of Troika Games.

Momock

Augur
- The Resident Evil from 1 to 4 (including 0 and Veronica), I like to replay them periodicaly. It's only very recently that came to me the desire to "speedrun" them to unlock everything. Now I feel like I should do it with the Metroids too. And speaking about that...
- The Metroids from the GBA + AM2R.
- The Streets of Rage (Remake in particular), but since the 4th came out I didn't replay the other ones. I still have to finish it in mania with every character. Maybe one day I'll look at the scoring?
- Ico and Shadow of the Collossus. It comes to me sometimes, the need to replay them for no particular reason. Ico in particular, because it's short and cozy...
- But not as cozy as HOMM 3 and 5, with friends. Just chilling playing coop VS computers.

Silva

Arcane
1. a soulsborne game
2. a strategy, like Alpha Centauri or KoDP
3. a good tactics, like XCom or Into the Breach
4. some tense shit, like STALKER or Darkwood
5. a multiplayer to de-stress, like FIFA, Rainbow 6: Siege or Overwatch

Tiger

Learned
Banished
EUIV
Everquest
Rimworld
Minecraft (No, not vanilla. I play an ultra hardcore autism pack called Gregtech New Horizons, full of ore/chemical processing. Takes many months to get through)

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Banished
EUIV
Everquest
Rimworld
Minecraft (No, not vanilla. I play an ultra hardcore autism pack called Gregtech New Horizons, full of ore/chemical processing. Takes many months to get through)
Yours was the best list.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Always dropped halfway:

That's the curse of Bloodlines. That game deserved a better pacing at the end. Wish there was a competent dev team out there who would remake this game (or at least the second half of it) in the spirit of Troika Games.
Let it always remain the flawed gem it will always be in our minds and hearts... you can’t catch lightning in a bottle twice

HoMM 3 (truly the forever game)
DooM (endless quality WADs)
Might and Magic 6
Dota 2 (I think I'm past my addiction after 10 years, only played a couple times over the past 6 months and am now able to go many months without playing at all)
Black Tiger (old arcade game from my childhood, I can still finish it on 1 credit and it just makes me feel good)

edit: I should probably add DCSS - my favourite roguelike. I come back to it from time to time to check new additions etc. It's not as involved or as complex as ADOM but it plays faster for me, so I prefer it.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Championship Manager 01/02 is probably my most played game of all time.

Arcanum, Final Fantasy Tactics and and Pinball Dreams are probably the ones that come after.

I boot these up several times, or at least a few times every year. Tetris was one of those games, on my Game Boy Pocket, but it's being played less and less. I had rechargeable batteries that lasted for over a decade, but they're dying. I'll probably not get new ones. The charger is also old, and not in its best state that it has been in.

kain30

Cipher
-fallout 2
-hitman blood money
- little big adventure 2
-carmaggedon 1
-dungeons of dredmor

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom