Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Mythology: Retold

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
image.png

Athena looks fine, but im conflicted about Arkantos...
Did Athena even appear in the OG? Maybe in the campaign? I don't remember there being an option to get Gods to join directly.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
They are doubling down on automation and you can just click on a goldmine, click a button and a villager will automatically be created and they'll build a gold mine by themselves to start collecting gold. Clown world.

Lacrymas

Arcane
More gameplay changes -

1. We already knew the godpowers will be repeatable, but it seems like they'll have a cooldown and a favor cost (of which you can now store an unlimited amount?).
2. Auto-queue isn't confirmed and isn't in any of the gameplay videos that have come out.
3. There is a fifth age now that is unlocked by building a wonder. It seems like it makes godpowers cheaper so you can fling them at each other at unprecedented speeds.
4. Villager limit is now 100, up from 80.
5. Population limit in general is higher as far as I can tell.

Seethe

Arbiter
They are doubling down on automation and you can just click on a goldmine, click a button and a villager will automatically be created and they'll build a gold mine by themselves to start collecting gold. Clown world.
I think RTS games suffered from some of the biggest decline in gaming I've seen over the last decade and a half. It's constant fail after fail

Lacrymas

Arcane
I think RTS games suffered from some of the biggest decline in gaming I've seen over the last decade and a half. It's constant fail after fail
It turns out it's worse than I described it as. You can turn on an automatic economy manager that will just manage your entire economy for you.

PlayerEmers

Educated
they introduced this on age of empire 2 console port
its not as good as it sounds if you are on high MMR matches

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
they introduced this on age of empire 2 console port
its not as good as it sounds if you are on high MMR matches
I was about to say that. This isn't a new idea.

Neither do I see the issue here. Was anyone ever challenged by building a gold mine? Really? Why?
The important part is the strategic decision to build a mine at that point in time using the current resource (and not save the resources up, etc.).
The clicking around part seems fair to ditch.
One of the best changes in the AoE series was automated farms.
Other RTS don't have any manual worker control at all (or strongly reduced direct control) and are frankly better for it.

It turns out it's worse than I described it as. You can turn on an automatic economy manager that will just manage your entire economy for you.
If it is actually on the level of the hardest AI, that would be... odd.
And impossible, because the economy AI won't be able to know what you actually want to do/plan. Your eco might then do thing A while you want units for thing B, etc.

Probably more of a new player and/or tutorial option. Training wheels, if you want.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Automatic eco is a thing in AoE4, but only on consoles. It's coming for PC too with Retold. Yes, it's worse than a player by design. Villagers idle for a while before finding a job f.e.

Lacrymas

Arcane
AoM is a good game. What I want from this remaster is to fix the gameplay fumbles of the original that hindered it from becoming a multiplayer mainstay. Let's hope they don't overdo it and fuck up the balance in the other way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom