Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Amazon ships an MMORPG - New World

Codex Year of the Donut
oh yea, I forgot to mention, there's no swimming. You just walk through the water, started laughing the first time I watched him cross a river. Looked exactly like this:

BruceVC

Magister
Yeah, the respawn time usually gets me bitten in the ass when I'm inspecting loot too. I killed a boss boar and it respawned while I was looking around his little cave (I couldn't mine the silver ore vein yet but he would have interrupted me if I could). I keep seeing articles about how the respawn is still not fast enough in very populated servers which results in people skinning animals you killed, but that will probably calm down in a while. Apparently the respawn times are not universal either which suggests the devs are still tweaking them.

One quest in particular is soul-destroying. It's a faction quest that sends you to hunt sheep. All you're told is that there are sheep and you must kill them, which suggests that any old sheep will do. That is a lie. It's a specific kind of sheep, and naturally it's the rarer one. I reckon there are maybe two or three sheep spawning in the area, but it's hard to tell when they vanish so quickly. This is a very early quest, so it's also one a lot of people will be doing.

Didn't read spoilers for the MQ but I'm guessing the island is a magic barrier preventing the corruption from coming in from somewhere else and taking over the world.
Would you recommend it, I followed this game for a while and I want to play it but one of my brothers played it and he said he noticed major latency in combat which he feels is a SA international bandwidth problem? Which is very rare if true because we have quick access to overseas markets but he said the combat is very different and requires bandwidth ?

Codex Year of the Donut
It's like a game that was released in the middle of development with how barebones it is. Everything besides the environment seems like a placeholder. Copy-pasted quests in copy-pasted areas fighting copy-pasted enemies. Skill "trees" seem like a rough first draft just to lay out the basic idea. Same deal with the 3-button combat, crappy random prefix loot, by the numbers gathering/crafting, etc.,.

People were actually excited for this?
:nocountryforshitposters:

Environment is pretty tho. Might give it a play in a few years.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
oh yea, I forgot to mention, there's no swimming. You just walk through the water, started laughing the first time I watched him cross a river. Looked exactly like this:

That reminds me of PWI waaaay back. Walking on lava or sleeping on it was fine. You could swim anywhere and never drown; just avoid the nasties. I spent a long time in that giant whirlpool.

Last edited:
2021-10-11-21-01-40-nichegamer-com-c4dfc670fb16.png

https://nichegamer.com/new-world-mass-report-ban-exploit/

EAC :lol: Amazon competency :lol:

:excellent:

already got 180 hours in..

Yeah, some of my old buddies who I played DAoC and Warhammer with convinced me to pick this up and while I don't think it's as good as those games for several reasons, I did poopsock pretty hard these first few weeks to grind up muh crafting.

I made some decent coin by rushing engineering and mining so I could craft starmetal tools. That was sort of a flash-in-the-pan sort of thing, I suppose, because now as more players have leveled up their tradeskills no one's buying. Without the ability to make alts on the same server, and how easy it is to be a jack-of-all-trades in crafting, pretty much everything you can make will be devalued eventually. My three biggest pet peeves with the game are the lack of enemy variety, lack of alts on the same server (half the fun of leveling a tradeskill is being able to gear out your lowbie alts) and lack of low-level instanced PvP.

I'm really hungry for a new 'cash crop', but don't know what sells. I'm thinking maybe jewelry, food, potions... things that you're going to use regardless of build.

copebot

Learned
already got 180 hours in..

Yeah, some of my old buddies who I played DAoC and Warhammer with convinced me to pick this up and while I don't think it's as good as those games for several reasons, I did poopsock pretty hard these first few weeks to grind up muh crafting.

I made some decent coin by rushing engineering and mining so I could craft starmetal tools. That was sort of a flash-in-the-pan sort of thing, I suppose, because now as more players have leveled up their tradeskills no one's buying. Without the ability to make alts on the same server, and how easy it is to be a jack-of-all-trades in crafting, pretty much everything you can make will be devalued eventually. My three biggest pet peeves with the game are the lack of enemy variety, lack of alts on the same server (half the fun of leveling a tradeskill is being able to gear out your lowbie alts) and lack of low-level instanced PvP.

I'm really hungry for a new 'cash crop', but don't know what sells. I'm thinking maybe jewelry, food, potions... things that you're going to use regardless of build.

Jewelry does not drop from world drops, but there are a bunch of quest rewards that compete with you. The quest rewards are not always for ideal stats. There are also some set jewelry drops from boss mobs that are not necessarily ideal stats.

The thing is that gear drops from random garbage up to and including 600 GS. It is infinitely faster to kill a level 63 boar and get a high GS item than it is to get to crafting 200, but it isn't necessarily going to be ideal. With crafting you can customize the stats or one perk, so you are more likely to get a desirable stat or perk once you have finished the grind and use all high quality materials plus the craft boost gear/trophies/etc.

The faction gear is also relatively good for perk and stat allocation and is available all the way up to 520 GS. It takes less time to farm up a full set of the level 60 faction gear than it takes to fill up 1,000 lbs maybe 1.5 times in mining runs that might only generate a relatively small number of items, most of which will be destined for salvage. You can farm up a complete et plus some extra pieces in maybe 2-3 hours straight running the circuit in Shattered Mountain, but it's significantly less time needed at every lower tier.

There are also reasons to buy multiple sets for different roles in PvP and PvE, such as a flanker build, pure healer, AoE cancer pvp caster, heal hybrid, PvE tank, PvP tank, siege-killer, siege weapon user, etc. and all of these would require either infinity hours of farming or fewer hours of farming but using a crafter.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Every time I see this game it's people mining/farming/crafting.

Does anything happen in this game outside of this Bob the Builder shit?

Reever

Scholar
Patron
I was wondering why I couldn't find this game on Steam. Turns out someone added Walking Simulator to it's tags so it kept being filtered out. :D

Reever

Scholar
Patron
So is the game any good? I've been thinking of picking it up next month but I'm not exactly sold on it yet. How are PVP and dungeons?

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron

SHAMUS:
I found a company[local equivalent of a guild] with “Holocaust” as part of their name. They say the only requirement to join is that you “be racist”.

Well, I see there's a few members of the codex playing that game

If I'm not mistaken you can change guild name all the time without cost, so it's probably staged shit to just complain or troll.
Well damn and here I almost bought the game

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom