Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Amiga, Commodore and creativity

4000/040 25mhz
larger, could accomodate impossible expansions, i remember how with a single card more it could emulate a 66 mhz pc.
060 chipsets were faster but prone to too many incompatibilities and crashes.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
4000/040 25mhz
larger, could accomodate impossible expansions, i remember how with a single card more it could emulate a 66 mhz pc.
060 chipsets were faster but prone to too many incompatibilities and crashes.

I remember some company looking into Motorola's Coldfie as potential cpu for accelerator card, but it was too incompatible with the 68k cpus to make it work.

Gerrard

Arcane

Do you guys know any more stuff like this? There's a ton of conversions to "8bit music" (it mostly means NES), I only found a couple examples like this one for Amiga/ProTracker.

Ladonna

Arcane
FS-UAE just works, I'm convinced most people who think it's difficult tried WIN-UAE.

I will have to try it. I have used winUAE for a long time now, though it has eaten two copies of my original A1200 drive now. If a better option exists, I will give it a go.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

Do you guys know any more stuff like this? There's a ton of conversions to "8bit music" (it mostly means NES), I only found a couple examples like this one for Amiga/ProTracker.

You might as well ask how many drops are in the ocean.

This is not the one I remember from back then, as it uses fewer digitzed samples. There's also a version of "Personal Jesus" which uses longer samples, and suffers a bit as a result.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
And now for some true heresy: An Amstrad CPC... playing SiD-tunes!

It's 100% accurate on some of the tracks, but you can hear it struggling in places, especially on Cybernoid 2.

Neuromancer

Augur
Here is the article the video above refers to at the end - very interesting technical information about Another World:
https://fabiensanglard.net/another_world_polygons/index.html

And here another Making of video:

I didn't know that the North American version "Out of this world" was slightly censored (mentioned right at the end of the video after the credits).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom