Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are people who play female protagonist gay?

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Eh, it's fun to play female characters now and then, especially when you can dress them up in cool, kinky outfits. But I never feel like I can roleplay a female character, I usually do a female character when I've already played the game in a more serious way with a male character. I just don't really know how a female would react to things, so I honestly can't feel like I'm inhabiting the avatar like I do with a male character. With a male character I can feel I am that character, but with a female character I'm literally hovering along behind her enjoying her jiggly bits, like some old pervert :)

I do think it can verge into "autogynephilia" though, and there is probably some connection between obsessive playing of female characters and sundry modern perversions.

EtcEtcEtc

Savant
This topic keeps coming back every time the cellar dweller crowd feels the need to affirm their otherwise asymptomatic masculinity by the sheer fact that given the choice, they prefer to gaze upon strong, firm, manly ass instead of a sexy girl's butt for 60 hours of playtime.

Never change, guys. And remember, no homo !

:troll:
Considering video game characters to be "sexy" just confirms it - dudes playing as girls in games of their own volition = incels.

cpmartins

Cipher
Depends. If the game is third person, it's female. If it's first person or Iso/top-down, whatever.
It depends entirely on the females being attractive, of course.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
These days with gender does not matter in games as everyone plays the same. The only difference is that female character models are usually ugly lesbian trannies or over the top maximum coom sex fiends.
Which one do you find it most easy to relate to?

Sibelius

Novice
I made a female character in BG3, means there is no gayness with the male companions trying to get into your pants and I could accept any and all advances from the ladies and enjoy the subsequent scene. Excepting Karlach of course, did you see the "tits" on her? Disgusting.

Falksi

Arcane
For first person games, yeah, I can see there being a case.

For third person games though the opposite is true. If I'm spending 60+ hours staring at someone's butt, I'd sooner it be a sexy females...

68XfttI.jpg

Ezekiel

Arcane
For first person games, yeah, I can see there being a case.

For third person games though the opposite is true. If I'm spending 60+ hours staring at someone's butt, I'd sooner it be a sexy females...

68XfttI.jpg
I played all the Souls games and Bloodborne mostly as women, but over time I've become more irritated by the horrible proportions. They are all sized and shouldered pretty much like men and the clothes are masculine (with alternate feminine designs for unisex armor sets like Plated, Fluted, Leather and Black Leather dropped after Demon's Souls). Plus, it's been long enough since my last Souls game (Bloodborne) that I've grown to find the new movement of female protagonists much more tiresome. So I play Elden Ring as a man. Well, I did. Got bored with the game, but will get back to it. Souls in an open world is a mistake.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Actually, Dark Souls still had alternate feminine forms for sets like Black Leather and Wanderer. But, yeah, that's over now. Lame.

Iucounu

Educated
Perhaps there are different tiers of gayness at play here? The list is not exhaustive:

1. Caring about what other people play as.
2. Caring about what other people think you play as.
3. Identifying with a third-person player character.
4. Identifying with a first-person player character.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
if you can't help it but stare at your male character's ass you are gay

I only ever play male characters (except for once) and I don't look at his ass, what the fuck? I look at the fucking game and what's going on around my character.

why are your eyes drawn to male butts? this "I'd rather look at a girl's butt" is the biggest cope

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

I only ever play male characters (except for once) and I don't look at his ass, what the fuck? I look at the fucking game and what's going on around my character.

why are your eyes drawn to male butts? this "I'd rather look at a girl's butt" is the biggest cope
We always knew that you were a closet gay. You do know that men that like to look at women are heterosexual right? If you like looking at men then you're gay.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard

We always knew that you were a closet gay. You do know that men that like to look at women are heterosexual right? If you like looking at men then you're gay.
I don't look at my character's ass I look at the fucking dragons I'm killing. What is wrong with you

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck

I don't look at my character's ass I look at the fucking dragons I'm killing. What is wrong with you

I believe you sweety...

:mlady:

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
why would you ever play as a woman in an rpg? what're you gay?

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
I believe you sweety...
so do you believe me or do you think it's fake news? Can't even decide on a stance like some femoid. Go play with your barbie dolls.

You seem to be speaking from experience with the Barbie dolls. I played with the original 12" GI Joe action figures. Maybe because of all the teasing from your mom and sister about playing with girl toys made you gay.

It's okay princess to be gay. We love you all the same.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom