Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ARMA 3

CreamyBlood

Arcane
We blew up the airfield.

1621859-S6LTRCV.jpg

1621851-38QR3FG.jpg

CreamyBlood

Arcane
It defaults to Regular, I usually put it on Elite or at least Veteran.

Same thing happened here unless it's part of the Babitz mod pack.

1623860-DS5FKT1.jpg

thesoup

Arcane
Nope. AI is majic. Once they spot you they are always aware of your position. Liek they have one of those scienmajistic bugs on you connected to their GPS or something. For example they spotted me while we were taking shots. When the target was eliminated we retreated and moved around. We literally moved around them, never in line of sight, yet they became aware of us the moment they were able to see us.

On that pic, from left to right: Me, agentorange, poocolator, Menckenstein and CreamyBlood taking the picture.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Babz I hope you weren't stupid and didn't use 0-9 to put people into colour groups and select them from there

And used Ctrl+F1-F5 and Shift+F1-F5 instead

thesoup

Arcane
Babz I hope you weren't stupid and didn't use 0-9 to put people into colour groups and select them from there

And used Ctrl+F1-F5 and Shift+F1-F5 instead
I used F2 - F5. :M
Not like it really matters with such small groups.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
He split our five man group into three colours. I'm not sure why but when we can't even get a basic wedge formation, or any kind of formation going I'm not sure how having different, pretty colours in the sthud could possibly make a difference while running around in a disorganised blob.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
He split our five man group into three colours. I'm not sure why but when we can't even get a basic wedge formation, or any kind of formation going I'm not sure how having different, pretty colours in the sthud could possibly make a difference while running around in a disorganised blob.
LARPing, I guess. Skyway needs his IMMERSION.

Data4

Arcane
Babz did that because we made an attempt at organization. Menck and I were slotted together, as were AO and creamy. Though in the end none of it mattered because Jesus himself guided us to victory.

How'd you manage to get Dyslecxi in on your session?

thesoup

Arcane
We performed a ritual sacrificing Kebab to the great Operator in the sky.

Because I could. You don't question me, you follow orders or I'll court martial you.:smug:
In the next misshun I actually gave everyone a different color.

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
How often do you guys play together?
We play roughly 2 to 3 times a week. We don't often agree to meet up at specific times. It just happens that a few of us are online in CDS chat at the same time, and decide to play some ArmA. Let's say that we most frequently play from 11pm UTC(0) to 6am UTC(0), especially during the weekend when thesoup sacrifices some early-morning sleep to play with those of us in the western hemisphere.

Indranys

Savant
Is it true they make Iran as the OPFOR??
Is this some kind of a joke?
The Iranian also use Israeli weapons + ultra modern equipments which are better than the NATO's and start calling themselves New Persian Empire and shit?
I like OFP/ArmA series but at least they should make the story believable instead of this crappy scifi scenario.
Chinese or Russian OPFOR will be much more appropriate I think.
Or they could go creative and make the US and its allies as the OPFOR aka stinking imperialist/invader for a fresh change.

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
Yes, Iran comprises the OPFOR. Iranians are interested in procuring olives for their neXt-gEn olive adipose fusion reactors, and aren't afraid to kill a few Greek islanders to do it!
It takes place in 2035 or something: high-tech junk abounds. The practical difference is that OPFOR now has as many NVG per capita as the glorious, civilized westerners. No more skulking around in the dark while the enemy remains absolutely and utterly oblivious.

Indranys

Savant
Yes, Iran comprises the OPFOR. Iranians are interested in procuring olives for their neXt-gEn olive adipose fusion reactors, and aren't afraid to kill a few Greek islanders to do it!
It takes place in 2035 or something: high-tech junk abounds. The practical difference is that OPFOR now has as many NVG per capita as the glorious, civilized westerners. No more skulking around in the dark while the enemy remains absolutely and utterly oblivious.

The idea to give more balanced tech to OPFOR is great, it is indeed too boring if we must fight poorly equipped guerillas/talibans again.
But to revolutionize Iran from today state to superpower in 20 years is just too retarded IMO.
Yes it's possible to change a nation in just several years like the Nazi did, but why use such an unnecessary extreme scenario if they could just use much better candidates like China or Russia as an hi tech OPFOR.
And the reason for that invasion is just stupid, that's Metal Gear 2 Outer Heaven material right there.
AFAIK, Russia is rich and powerful because of their oils in BIS universe circa 2020s-2030s, why the hell they let their Iranian ally to create alternative energy and lose another precious customers??

Maybe there's something I don't know about the lore, if so please enlighten me bro.
Overall I think the game will be great, and I'll buy it when all the DLCs and patches are released just like ArmA2 CO, but this crazy scenario really bugs me.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
it's cool to shoot muslims now, and neither russkie nor chinks are generally muslim

Indranys

Savant
Indeed this politically correct shit again. :(
This kind of attitude ruins a lot of games for me.
It can't be helped, I guess BIS wants to keep their friendly relation with US government so they could make another game for the US military.
They should learn a bit from Front Mission devs to create at least a cool and believable near future setting (not that futuristic like FM but the world building formula is similar).

CreamyBlood

Arcane
I didn't even know that Arma had a story.

Obviously these idiots can't afford a good sci-fi writer. Game is shit. Will not buy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom