Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Auction House Online: The Game (Diablo 3) is a MASSIVE decline

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
If you think the Sorceress is bad go look at the Demon Hunter. It's the same kind of crap they shoved in Starcraft. Blizzard gonna blizz, I guess.

Well, my preliminary D3 "character brokenness scale" in descending order is as follows:

Barbarian - they actually left it mostly unraped
Wizard - based on WoW's mage, it may have some remote sense of coherency to its skills

(big chasm here)

Monk - Paladin diluted with Mage spells and misc. idiocy
Demon Hunter - megaderp with giant lasers
Witch Doctor - a trashcan, "let's throw random features at it" class, with appearance of a heroin addict

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Magic users were always asians in diablo btw. Well player ones anyways. Not sure where the fuck Adria came from. But the mage clans were eastern mudskins all the way back in diablo 1.

Also, god forbid they have a mage that isn't a disciplined scholar after 3 games. :roll: If they had done the same old story you'd probably be bitching about the lack of originality instead.

Stabwound

Arcane
I agree that the classes are a bit shitty. I don't think the monk is bad, but demon hunter and witch doctor are stupid. I would have much preferred necromancer again instead of witch doctor.

Yeah... The Necro would've been fun to see again instead of Troll-replacement number 511. But I guess Blizz has a stiffie for Jamaicans judging by how many of them are put in their games now a days.

I'm looking at you, Tosh.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Magic users were always asians in diablo btw. Well player ones anyways. Not sure where the fuck Adria came from. But the mage clans were eastern mudskins all the way back in diablo 1.

Also, god forbid they have a mage that isn't a disciplined scholar after 3 games. :roll: If they had done the same old story you'd probably be bitching about the lack of originality instead.

:what:

As was made clear in my post, I'm against change that is blatantly targeted toward making the game oriented toward children.

To imply that I'm against everything Blizzard does "as a concept" is a retarded strawman. Don't fall to the level of a Bethsoft forum poster, plz.

Revenant

Actually, the monk's introduction trailer was probably the best piece of d3 info, IMO (though I don't like the class itself). It retains a certain Robert E. Howard's old school adventure vibe about it that was omnipresent in d2, in contrast with a general childish mood of other d3 areas.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
It is going to be a massive decline, what can you expect when WOW is the target design Blizzard keeps in mind for this game.

However it could be still a fun addictive game if they get the itemhunt right (how could they get this wrong..).

kingcomrade22

Educated
DP3Gj.jpg

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
No mention of a spiky haired young emo kid with a gigantic gravity defying sword as a protagonist, which is pretty much every jRPG ever made. FAIL.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
I believe the king of comrades would like us to know that he has been reading troll threads on /v/

Captain Shrek

The future of Japan seems to converge with the starting point of western RPGs.

kingcomrade22

Educated
And considering the development of WRPGs has been a downward slope, I'm glad you've seen reason.

Captain Shrek

I don't consider the "recent" WRPGs like Fallout 3, Deus Ex HR and Withcer 2 as representative of WRPGs in general. Your list for WRPGs starts from there. Mine ends there.

Phelot

Arcane
LOL at the Production Values and Protagonists. You'd think the guy making that chart could see that ALL of them are shitty.

Japan is paving the way towards realistic flowing hair physics, though :salute:

Rpgsaurus Rex

I don't really get why compare 1 generic shit to another.

I'm not an expert on jap games but here's a couple of concept images from my favourites (Vagrant Story, Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre). I don't think anyone can call it "bad art", or done in bad taste. The ones on the right are a bit more stylzed and cartoonish (FFT), but they have a very distinct, instantly recognizable style. I guess there is "bad art" in any culture, you don't have to single out the japs.

scaled.php

Now THIS in my opinion is art in "poor taste" (DIABLO 3):

Guy looks like a freaking Transformer, not a knight.

Paladin_Concept_by_liquidology.jpg

aris

Arcane
How did this thread turn into a discussion of JRPGs? Anyway, the original poster is a retard:

-no stats
Yes there are. "Yeah but you can't customize them, so they might as well not be there" -yes you can, you customize your stats through the gear you wear.
- skills unlock linearly as you go - no skill tree, each new one is better
Yes, what is your point?
- health regen is ridiculous, no need for potions, picking up a health vial heals all party - thus the game is too easy
There is no fucking health regen you fucking idiot. There are health globes that drop from monsters, that are designed for you to push forward and not running around like a pussy and take podshots.
- levels are linear, they open as you go through a linear quest-line
Yes, and so what? That would be a valid complaint if blizzard claimed the game did something else, they fucking don't. And by the way, diablo 1 and 2 was exactly the same in this regard.
- 4 players in a party MAX
That does actually count as a decline from diablo 2, if you care about stuff like that, 2 points.
- only 5 classes
Have you actually played any of the previous diablo games? Diablo 2 had fucking 5 classes too, diablo 1 had 3.
- you can ID your own items
Can you try to make some fucking sense? Who the hell would not want to identify their own items? How is this different from diablo 2?
- you can teleport to other players right away, no more pissing your pants running through enemy territory to your bros
That actually sounds like a compliment to the game, unless you really enjoy running around, pissing your pants.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
No mention of a spiky haired young emo kid with a gigantic gravity defying sword as a protagonist, which is pretty much every jRPG ever made. FAIL.
You know FF7 wasn't every jrpg ever made right? It's ok, weeaboos that started playing games on the PSX make this mistake all the time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom