Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Auction House Online: The Game (Diablo 3) is a MASSIVE decline

joeydohn

Savant
You can preload the game? Link please!
/v/ Codex isn't going to stop me from having some good old fashioned popamole fun.

I think it's just a matter of pre-purchasing it from Blizzard's store, I got mine with the year of WoW and it just pops up in your battle.net account

Although if you live in the UK it's probably cheaper on Amazon and unless you're really desperate to play it on launch I'd say that way is preferable.

Multi-headed Cow

Why not? Preorder and preload, and you're all set for repeated Error 37 messages at midnight May 15th!
Getting it as a delayed birthday present, and I don't know if it's gonna be ordered online and set to be delivered to me, ordered online and then mailed to me once it arrives, bought in a store and mailed to me, or either of those and held until next time I meet up with 'em which could be a good week+ after the 15th.

Certainly appreciate it, but HNNNNNNNNNNNNGH WANT TO CLICK SO BAD.

Stabwound

Arcane
You can preload the game? Link please!
/v/ Codex isn't going to stop me from having some good old fashioned popamole fun.
I'm assuming you want the English version but I don't know if you're from North America or the UK/Europe so here are both version:

US: http://us.media.battle.net.edgesuit...Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer-downloader.exe
UK: http://us.media.battle.net.edgesuit...Diablo-III-8370-enGB-Installer-downloader.exe

It works, I've installed the game with the US installer myself. It's a pretty good idea to make sure you can install and get it working, because I and many others had some pretty major problems with the installer and it personally took a lot of screwing around to get it working. You can't decrypt it until the 14th.

Even if you bought a physical copy you can install it this way and use your key in the box if you want. It's roughly 8.4gb of data to download.

And I preordered the game. I have no idea what CDS is so feel free to ban me from it.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
^
Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

Thanks Stabby, you're a bro!
What kind of screwing around did you have to do?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I just realised I can use my dad's credit card to get it for free! Why didn't I think of this sooner?

Stabwound

Arcane
There seems to be a common problem with Windows 7 especially, where the installer update at the beginning will just stop progression at a certain point and never continue, or it just crashes altogether. If you download that installer you should know almost right away if you have a problem, I think.

If you google the problem there are a wide variety of "solutions" that work for some people and not others. It's probably not worth worrying about but it's a pain if you run into the problem.

And as for regretting purchasing it: I doubt it. I had more fun with the beta than I did with Skyrim or Witcher 2 or any other modern game I've played in the past few years.

Lunac

Arcane
Why is this 33 pages, and more importantly what fuken idiot couldn't preconceive that this game would be "MASSIVE decline"? Really kodex I thought you were smarter than this.

Again and again the average kodexer needs to stick that spoon into that declining pile of shit called contemporary gaming industry and take in a nice mouthful to realize that shit is in fact shit. Really guys, you aren't :obviously: at all, at all....

Closet popamole lovin' console huggin' teens, all of you, ALL OF YOU!

Multi-headed Cow

you could always play the other ten dozen unfinished games in your steam list
Maaaaaaaan, those games are terrible. They aren't real games, they're things like The Path and Trauma, indies trying to be cool and producing useless arty shit. Diablo 3 won't pull that, it'll give me a dumb story and I'll kill a bunch of monsters and get big numbers and feel good about myself! In fact, it's therapeutic! I need Diablo 3 for health reasons! I WOULD BE A FOOL TO WAIT. MAYBE I CAN BUY IT FOR MYSELF ONLINE AND RETURN IT TO A STORE WHEN I GET A GIFT COPY. OR SELL IT ON EBAY. MAYBE EVERYTHING WILL BE OK.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Trauma is fucking awful. It's not even a game -- more like a slide show experience with Arx Fatalis spell casting!

waywardOne

Arcane
I had more fun with the beta than I did with Skyrim or Witcher 2 or any other modern game I've played in the past few years.
So, not as shitty as shit? It's okay; I'm a Gemini so I'm not restricted to one or two hobbies. If one starts to suck, I've got ten other things that interest me.

Multi-headed Cow

'cause Diablo 3 is a paragon of action RPG and this is general RPG.

spectre

Arcane
And because it'll probably be listed as RPG on mobygames.

We should totally use ign's for this, becase it lists D3 as a TPP action game.

Will any of you fags post some real :obviously: Codexian impressions of the game once it's out? Not just as Blizz fanboys, but real, objective monocled review, and please compare it to Diablo 1 and 2, gameplay AND setting (atmosphere, randomization) wise.

pocahaunted

Arcane
You don't really need to wait for the full game to see that D3 is a sequel in name and some mechanics only.

The setting and atmosphere are fairly different. The game is no longer grounded in Gothic fantasy, but has mutated into a generic "here be demons" world. However, the gameplay, while fairly simple, still appears to be the game's hook.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom