Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Avatar Gallery Submission Thread

Do you care about custom avatars?

• Yes, and I want something done about it.

Votes: 314 54.1%
  • No, just leave it the way it is.

Votes: 266 45.9%

• Total voters

mondblut

Arcane
He does have a point though. How is it anywhere mechanically different whether the camera is sticked to the top of player character's model or 100 pixels behind it?
Try getting into melee combat in 3rd person view. Try to treat it as if it's first person and the enemy must be in contact with you the camera and not your PC when you swing. You might notice some very slight mechanical differences.

With OTS/assview "3rd person" there is hardly any difference. The view still displays what the character sees, turns as the character turns, and does not show anything beyond his FOV other than his wobbling buttocks.

True difference between 1st person and 3rd person lies not in camera coordinates, it lies in camera direction.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Sengoku Rance is an SRPG

A Japanese SRPG is a form of a JRPG, so your whole point that it cannot be called that is stretching it. Of course there are "pure" JRPG, but a Japanese SRPG like Sengoku Rance is still a subtype of Japanese RPG.
No, it is not. I don't care how the retards, who can't recognize gameplay elements, try to categorize it as a JRPG because 'duh it was made in Japan'. I dream of a world where a genre of a game is not determent by the country of it's origin but by the content of it's gameplay. No matter how much you try to twist and turn it - not to mention your argument is basically 'because I said so' - it is not a JRPG.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I dream of a world where a genre of a game is not determent by the country of it's origin but by the content of it's gameplay.

The 'J' in JRPG stands for Japan - so as long as you use the term it will always refer to a country - duh. If you do not like that, that's obviously your problem.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Sengoku Rance is an SRPG

A Japanese SRPG is a form of a JRPG, so your whole point that it cannot be called that is stretching it. Of course there are "pure" JRPG, but a Japanese SRPG like Sengoku Rance is still a subtype of Japanese RPG.
No, it is not. I don't care how the retards, who can't recognize gameplay elements, try to categorize it as a JRPG because 'duh it was made in Japan'. I dream of a world where a genre of a game is not determent by the country of it's origin but by the content of it's gameplay. No matter how much you try to twist and turn it - not to mention your argument is basically 'because I said so' - it is not a JRPG.

Having brofisted you brother, I will still call you out on the JRPG thing. If as you claim categorizing it as JRPG does not matter, then why do you even care? Let Error Lady call Rance whatever she wants it to call, especially when technically she was right - it's and RPG made in Japan. It's still a Majestic game. Chillax.

mondblut

Arcane
I dream of a world where a genre of a game is not determent by the country of it's origin but by the content of it's gameplay.

Duh, except that JRPGs are determined by the content of their gameplay (and pedogook graphics), not by their country of origin.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member

Duh, except that JRPGs are determined by the content of their gameplay (and pedogook graphics), not by their country of origin.
:retarded:It's just like you montblut, to totally miss the point of the conversation.
The 'J' in JRPG stands for Japan - so as long as you use the term it will always refer to a country - duh. If you do not like that, that's obviously your problem.
It's apparently a topic way above your understanding.

mondblut

Arcane

:retarded:It's just like you montblut, to totally miss the point of the conversation.
It's apparently a topic way above your understanding.

screen03.jpg

Totally not pedogook graphics and totally not JRPG combat gameplay by the looks of it. I am sure the plot doesn't disappoint weeaboos, either.

It's not like every game with stats made by japs is necessarily a JRPG shit by the virtue of its origin, it is just that they have yet to make one which is not. :obviously:

Random

Arcane
Patron
Totally not pedogook graphics and totally not JRPG combat gameplay by the looks of it. I am sure the plot doesn't disappoint weeaboos, either.

It's not like every game with stats made by japs is necessarily a JRPG shit by the virtue of its origin, it is just that they have yet to make one which is not. :obviously:

For using the monocle emoticon, you sure have a distinctly unmonocle understanding of JRPGs. :hearnoevil:

mondblut

Arcane

For using the monocle emoticon, you sure have a distinctly unmonocle understanding of JRPGs. :hearnoevil:

I do not differentiate among the hues of shit.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Any chance someone can make a package of Primordia avatars and submit it to the admins? Thanks in advance.

I do not differentiate among the hues of shit.

Nigga, say whatever you want about jrpgs but don't mess with Sengoku Rance.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom