Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Avowed - Obsidian's first person action-RPG in the Pillars of Eternity setting - coming November 12th(?)

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Furries are not bestiality.
lqn4YmNyLoUN.png
Someone took the time to think, visualize and make this "guide". WTF?

Vulpes

Scholar
He gives feedback on Avowed and TOW 2 that nobody has to listen to and is being held on to until they get the greenlight for a project he's excited about.
He's gone on record saying he makes upwards of 200k per year. Nobody's feedback is worth that much, and I can't believe they'd tolerate him sitting around for a year and a half because "nothing excites him". Then pitch something, you fucking clown.
What a worthless fucking prima donna. I hope his next project flops so hard that no one wants hire him ever again.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Is there a more boring name for a setting than "The Living Lands". What's fucking next. How about "The Questing Realms" or "The Legendary Isles". Fuck off.
We're already well aware that Avowed takes place in the same setting as the Pillars of Eternity games, a world created by Josh Sawyer.

:nofunallowed:

S.torch

Arbiter
He gives feedback on Avowed and TOW 2 that nobody has to listen to and is being held on to until they get the greenlight for a project he's excited about.
Inb4 he's making the "Baldur's Gate 3 killer."

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Baron Tahn

Scholar
I'd probably be staying out of it too if I was him. If you know every good idea is going to get shot down in favour of trash why bother.

Quillon

Arcane
Weren't orlans supposed to be shorter than dwarves?
yeah she seems like short human with fake ears

also I bet aumauas are not nearly as tall in this gaym as they were before, which I wouldn't mind if retconned tho; it is not very apparent in isometric view but they are way too big imo

scytheavatar

Scholar
Wait, Josh isn't involved? I've been wishing agony and excrement and death upon him for TOW, but looking it up, it turns out he really isn't involved with that or with this. Josh, I am so sorry. I'm so ashamed of what I've been wishing upon you. I'll go back to wishing misery upon you for PoE instead.

As the Todd Howard/Miyamoto of Obsidian, Josh without a doubt has been consulted for the game and given his opinions. He's probably not involved in the day to day production of the game so he can't command Patel and crew to make the game he wants.

NaturallyCarnivorousSheep

Albanian Deliberator Kang
Patron
Possibly Retarded
The four companions are the aumaua guy, the oceanfolk woman, the orlan gal, and a bearded dwarf guy. Predicting the orlan's going to be popular.

:avatard:

We've only had 200 people working on this for 5 years!
OW9yhlg.jpeg

Seeing this picture makes me wonder if Sawyer wishes there were onlyfan whores cosplaying as Xoti or Pellagina and making epic memes like this (The answer is yes).

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Companions and romances in videogames are such a fucking waste of resources it's surreal.
It's your adventure, as a player/character, not of others with you. The whole game should be tailored to dealing with obstacles by oneself not with friends. How is this blatant aspect ignored so much?
As much as anyone focused on gameplay detests companion romances, the success of Baldur's Gate 3 has ensured this will be a prominent feature of large-budget party-based RPGs for the forseeable future (and even including Bethesda-style PC plus one companion RPGs; Starfield already had romances for the four mandatory companions). From the perspective of profit maximization, this is sadly the opposite of wasting resources, for any game in which companion romances are feasible.

:despair:
better yet, make a game and announce that only one companion is romancable, but never mention which one

He's probably not involved in the day to day production of the game so he can't command Patel and crew to make the game he wants.
He probably just making sure the Status Quo Post-Deadfire is not being shaken by Avowed since PoE3 is still a possibility.

Unless Avowed outsold PoE franchise in which case Avowed will carry the torch of Eora history going forward.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Sawyer is stealin' a living at this point, guy has not been involved in anything since Deadfire came out aside from making Penistent for couple of months.

Sawyer is stealin' a living at this point, guy has not been involved in anything since Deadfire came out aside from making Penistent for couple of months.
Don't forget the PoE TTRPG that's definitely coming out some day and certainly wasn't a way for Sawyer to convince management to pay him to play games with his friends.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
It probably bombs and Obsidian will get shitcanned. But hey, it was quite a journey and even at their lowest point they were still making better stuff than most devs out there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom