Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bad News: Chaos Chronicles development on hold due to legal trouble with bitComposer

Rake

Arcane
If you work with a publisher you jump through the hoops they lay out for you. You can't afford pride or Doublefine pie in the sky self indulgence when you are playing with someone else's money. Never mind a government grant.

Sad to see this wont be released, but I wont start shouting evil publisher in this case either. Seems like there's plenty shenanigans on both sides.
i believe it's just that we know about it. While i don't like publisers, i suspect that the sad truth is that devs cannot calculate budget ,or scedule 1 year prior, espscialy for RPGs. Add to that publisers refusal to give more money than they agreed at the start, and you have a recipe for disaster. And i suspect publisers won't be open to the idea of a dev asking them more money than he absolutely needs, just as a safeguard in case something unexcpected happens.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
It was just under a year ago when CC was announced, the bitComposer website declaring a release date of 31/12/9998. It seems they weren't far off.

Though, with some luck, HG is just trolling us yet again.

MetalCraze

Arcane
After what CC devs did to Jagged Alliance (twice) it's only for the best if this shit doesn't come out.

Also good job blaming "Evil Publisher" for dev's fucking up while signing a contract with BitComposer 3 times in a row. A pub so bad guess they need to sign it 4 times more instead of finding a publisher that will release a subpar product without much meddling.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
i believe it's just that we know about it. While i don't like publisers, i suspect that the sad truth is that devs cannot calculate budget ,or scedule 1 year prior, espscialy for RPGs. Add to that publisers refusal to give more money than they agreed at the start, and you have a recipe for disaster. And i suspect publisers won't be open to the idea of a dev asking them more money than he absolutely needs, just as a safeguard in case something unexcpected happens.

It's called "not throwing good money after bad". I am not accusing Coreplay of anything. But if the price was too low it can come at a surprise when an investor pulls the "we're businessmen, not schmucks" card.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
More brofist for hobgob.
Thanks for the enlightement of this shituation

Stabwound

Arcane
I can't believe shitcomposer would let such a thing happen after investing so much money into a project. I don't understand how this business works, but it must take some magical math fuckery to come to the conclusion that it's better to just drop the project completely than have it completed.

Either way, this is really god damn shitty.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well, at least we had Conqusitador which was great
and sold like shit so we won't be seeing anything like it anytime soon.

Guess now we wait for Divinity OS, Wasteland 2, Dead State, and.. uh... :cry:

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
So... what are the actual chances of this project being continued?

:killit:
Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!
Facepalm_by_soyrwoo.jpg

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
and sold like shit so we won't be seeing anything like it anytime soon.

Confirmed?
I don't know if it was confirmed but it's probably true,it was 50% off during the Steam Summer sale about a month after release,ususally the better a game sells the longer it takes it for it to go on sale( if the sales are great why give it at a discount and get less money?)

imweasel

If anybody ever asks, "why do publishers want full control of the games they publish?", then just send them a link to this thread. :lol:

Jack Dandy

Arcane
From the Steam forums. I swear, they shouldn't have allied with fucking Shitcomposer in the first place. They might have gotten them past Greenlight limbo, but did you know they forbid them from selling it in a whole bunch of countries, just so they could sell it Retail? (Spain, Italy, and I'm pretty sure that Mexico as well).

Legends of Isenwald managed to clear Greenlight, maybe Conquistador would be able to as well.

Shitcomposer is nothing but god damn corrosive fucking poision.

ryAOOAb.jpg

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
It would be nice to let enter Crash Orbeiter in the conversation.If he agrees of course

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
I can't believe shitcomposer would let such a thing happen after investing so much money into a project. I don't understand how this business works, but it must take some magical math fuckery to come to the conclusion that it's better to just drop the project completely than have it completed.

Look what would you do if you pay someone to build you a house. At the appointed day you see a half finished house without a roof. They tell you: it was harder than we thought, we have only completed your walls, and still need about the same money again for the roof. Would you pay him twice the money to get a house with a roof, or find someone else and pay for a new house?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Conquistador guys really should have teamed with Paradox, even if the terms were worse. Paradox would know how to sell it.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Bitcomposer published that too. No sale.
You talking about Conquistador? That's not really fair. No point in punishing the developer for their publisher's wrongdoings. Every purcahse money still mostly goes to Logicartists at the end of the day

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom