Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

That was 2 1/2 years ago... there is still no release date for this game.
Owlcat kickstarted, developed and released WotR in less than 2 years. 25 classes, 5+ archetypes for each class, 9 mythic paths...

Sorcs... woooooow...

maybe larian has no interest in releasing an unfinished game like owlcat lol

"look at all these classes we have!!!"
*half the spells flat out don't work or are implemented incorrectly*

I love WotR more than I should, but this is spot on. Wrath shouldn't have been released when it was and although you can complete it, it's been buggy as hell. Like Kingmaker, I shelved it awhile ago and will get back to it after sufficient time has passed.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Have they raised the level cap yet or are you still stuck at level 4, which you can hit less than 30% of the way into the existing content?

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I thought there can’t be more retarded critique than Victor’s, but here we go: early access game isn’t finished! More breaking news at 11.
God I wish they’ll implement age restriction to access internets.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

That was 2 1/2 years ago... there is still no release date for this game.
Owlcat kickstarted, developed and released WotR in less than 2 years. 25 classes, 5+ archetypes for each class, 9 mythic paths...

Sorcs... woooooow...

I expect to enjoy WotR more than BG3, but you gotta be pants-on-head retarted for that logic to work out. Not only because Owlcat releases the most insane bugfests known to man, also because they were literally copy-pasting 80% of the assets for WotR. What Owlcat has done is insanely impressive, but the comparison seems inept.

Fanboys are strange creatures

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
I thought there can’t be more retarded critique than Victor’s, but here we go: early access game isn’t finished! More breaking news at 11.
Translation: Somebody doesn't agree with me on something as subjective as what they should enjoy, so they should be cancelled from the Internet.

Typical butthurt shit that is the reason for RPG's decline and why woketards of the cunts, para-dox-you and white bitch exist.

Ulfhednar

Savant
I expect to enjoy WotR more than BG3, but you gotta be pants-on-head retarted for that logic to work out. Not only because Owlcat releases the most insane bugfests known to man, also because they were literally copy-pasting 80% of the assets for WotR. What Owlcat has done is insanely impressive, but the comparison seems inept.

Fanboys are strange creatures
Kingmaker kickstarter was Feb 2017... D:OS 2 was released Sep 2017. They've had an 8 month head start to release 2 rpgs in 5 years to Larian's EA. Where is this game?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
early access game isn’t finished! More breaking news at 11.

Wrong. His critique is valid. The game is over 1 year in EA. If the proposal of EA is to collect feedback from the playerbase, why not allow PC's to get the most iconic class abilities and spells to provide feedback about it?

Solasta when was in Early Access had a lv cap = 6, then 8, then launched with 10 and now with a DLC raised to 12. And PF:WoTR when was in closed alpha, allowed you to reach lv 9, when launched the beta, allowed you to reach the end of ch 4, you can if solo some parts of the game, reach lv 20/5mythic there. You could't only test the ascension and guess what. The ascension was bugged in game release. All games which had "alpha/beta/early access" in a similar time of BG3.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Polished and finished rpgs aren't exactly commonplace so I think it's good that Larian's taking their time, as long as it translates to a more consistent game since DOS:1 and 2 peaked very hard and early. It seems like a part of the reason the games dropped off was a lack of testing though so hopefully their increased budget means they can get enough qa testers.

xMvNb51.png
Thank you anon! You are a good anon! Give me Aura Kingdom wifes! You are a good anon!
ROSeAbr.jpg

Ulfhednar

Savant
also because they were literally copy-pasting 80% of the assets for WotR.
One of the IMMEDIATELY most prevalent critiques of BalD:OS Gate 3 gameplay footage was that "it looks like D:OS 2"... Owlcat's are not the only one's who copypasta for their development cycle.

Codex Year of the Donut
early access game isn’t finished! More breaking news at 11.

Wrong. His critique is valid. The game is over 1 year in EA. If the proposal of EA is to collect feedback from the playerbase, why not allow PC's to get the most iconic class abilities and spells to provide feedback about it?

Solasta when was in Early Access had a lv cap = 6, then 8, then launched with 10 and now with a DLC raised to 12. And PF:WoTR when was in closed alpha, allowed you to reach lv 9, when launched the beta, allowed you to reach the end of ch 4, you can if solo some parts of the game, reach lv 20/5mythic there. You could't only test the ascension and guess what. The ascension was bugged in game release. All games which had "alpha/beta/early access" in a similar time of BG3.
solasta is also pure trash so opinion discarded

jackofshadows

Magister
why not allow PC's to get the most iconic class abilities and spells to provide feedback about it?
Because fuck you. They don't care for the nerds. As long as the mumbling regarding Astarion's romance on reddit is going on, you can expect nothing from them.

Codex Year of the Donut
One of the IMMEDIATELY most prevalent critiques of BalD:OS Gate 3 gameplay footage was that "it looks like D:OS 2"... Owlcat's are not the only one's who copypasta for their development cycle.
just accept the game isn't for you and move on
maybe invest in a microsoft excel license

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'll be happy if they end up with a relatively bug free, polished adventure with a working D&D toolkit that could be used for additional adventures.

So far, it's looked like they should achieve that, so I'd rather wait for it rather than push for a quicker release and end up with BG2077.

Codex Year of the Donut
honestly if I didn't want to play it I'd say I wished the EA never ends because people who buy games before they release get exactly what they deserve
stop being a fucking retard

Ulfhednar

Savant
Says the guy who started this thread
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/wrath-of-the-cringefinder-compilation-thread.140072/

Codex Year of the Donut
Says the guy who started this thread
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/wrath-of-the-cringefinder-compilation-thread.140072/
yep, had to document all the shit in the tranny shit golem sim because the circlejerk wasn't going to do it

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
I'll be happy if they end up with a relatively bug free, polished adventure with a working D&D toolkit that could be used for additional adventures.

So far, it's looked like they should achieve that, so I'd rather wait for it rather than push for a quicker release and end up with BG2077.
B3 isn't DnD. It is a decent TB WoW clone, but it isn't DnD. ToEE was DnD.

Codex Year of the Donut

It's quite literally a direct adaptation of 5e.
It's far closer to being faithful to the source material than any IE game was.

The main issue with BG3 is that 5e is trash.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

There is no DnD edition after 3.5.

Codex Year of the Donut

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

There is no DnD edition after 3.5.
3.5e is trash too

Ulfhednar

Savant
Fanboy's are indeed strange creatures.
You would know. Your last several pages worth of posts are split between this thread and Wrath of the Tranny.
It's very odd that you would bother to look at my history for this discussion... so I returned the favor, and it's also very odd that almost every single positive rating you've given on your recent activity page has gone to one of rusty's posts. That's very interesting. Why would you do that?

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
It's very odd that you would bother to look at my history for this discussion...
:retarded:
I already said that I do it for every one of you tranny fanboys that come in here with the same spam. You're all alike and your posting history proves it. Takes 10 seconds. The only odd thing is your objection to it when you admit you did it yourself in the same sentence.
so I returned the favor, and it's also very odd that almost every single positive rating you've given on your recent activity page has gone to one of rusty's posts. That's very interesting. Why would you do that?
Maybe because I was reading the thread and rating posts. Something I'm sure you never do, right?

WotT fanboys smh

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom