Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Baldur's Gate 3 Community Update #18: Baldur's Date - August 31st

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Yes I cannot enjoy BG3. Its a streamlined, soulless movie. And why would I want to anyway? I played Fallout when I was like 10 years old. The only reason YOU can, is because you don't know better. It's the same with other old people here who skipped the RPG renaissance.

Both Shadowheart and Froggy are women with a mission, and it's probably the reason why they are introduced to you first. Astarion and Gale are much more "average" in terms of D&D companions. But the girls have reasons to push you when needed, and to hide things from you when you ask them. Shadow is very touchy about her "secret" (plot relevant to her character) and Froggy is stubbornly blind to the fact that her people see her as a lesser individual, even if she has them on a high esteem.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
The RPG Renaissance?
yO6ZNKC.gif

WHAAAAAAAAAAAA?????

Barbarian

Arcane
Can you change a pregen character's appearance? I want to play the warlock and romance the 'hawt elf shar worshipper, but I don't want him to be black.

:troll:

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Can you change a pregen character's appearance? I want to play the warlock and romance the 'hawt elf shar worshipper, but I don't want him to be black.

:troll:
Mods will fix it.
But I think the actual character is called a "background story", and you can change the visual model for it.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Yes I cannot enjoy BG3. Its a streamlined, soulless movie. And why would I want to anyway? I played Fallout when I was like 10 years old. The only reason YOU can, is because you don't know better. It's the same with other old people here who skipped the RPG renaissance.
means you were a dumb kid
at 10 i played real games like quake instead of fucking rpgs theyre for old farts

Delterius

Arcane
And BG3's writing might enjoy a similar advantage. Faerun instead of Rivellon? Instantly better.
The setting may change, but the writers remain in Larianland.
have you met minsc and edwin? larianland is just faerun with cocaine. baldur's gate 3 is like rehab for these guys - to write it they had to lay off the crack and start using something more healthy. like pot or benzos.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
someone at larian wrote wyll then swen jumped into the office snatched the notes gave them a cursory glance and threw them in the air screeching AAAA MAKE HIM BLACK MAKE HIM BLACK!

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
means you were a dumb kid
at 10 i played real games like quake instead of fucking rpgs theyre for old farts

I played shooters before RPGs. Such as Wolf3D on a floppy disc. Which was my first PC game. Try again.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Only companions I liked were in Arcanum and NwN. And both KotORs were fine. Later it spiralled out of control. Every game MUST have annoying mandatory companions.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
PS:T's companions were memorable. Even the annoying skull that was supposed to be annoying is easier to tolerate than most modern companions.

Benefits of good writing.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Only companions I liked were in Arcanum and NwN. And both KotORs were fine. Later it spiralled out of control. Every game MUST have annoying mandatory companions.
Arcanum had great companions.
Magnus, Franklin Payne, Loghaire, Virgil, Torian Kel, the dog you get in Ashbury...

Planescape also had really good companions. Kotor 2 as well.

Barbarian

Arcane
Magnus, Franklin Payne, Loghaire, Virgil, Torian Kel, the dog you get in Ashbury...

Besides Kreia, KOTOR2 companions were total animuh BS - like the girlboss bounty hunter, the white haired "naked body fighting" girl, big tiddies blind girl or the "not han solo" guy.

But yeah, it was a fun and well written game.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

... the white haired "naked body fighting" girl, big tiddies blind girl ...

I thought you were disagreeing with him. :?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Besides Kreia, KOTOR2 companions were total animuh BS - like the girlboss bounty hunter, the white haired "naked body fighting" girl, big tiddies blind girl or the "not han solo" guy.
It's telling that you didn't even bother to mention Disciple.

Didn't get him on my 2 or so playthroughs.
You'd have to play a woman. So it is telling, just not about you...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom