Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Readher

Savant
https://www.pcgamer.com/fan-outcry-...of-the-outburst-surpassed-worst-expectations/

afbeelding.png

My weak competition destroys itself. When reviews of BG3 come out it will only get worse for Owlcuck studios.

source.gif

You're next Todd...
Wtf, I thought this was from a year ago, where they did slimy Eula change that ended up killing one of the best mods for the game before they backtracked it.

But they did it again apparently?

Owlcat is retarded. Looks like their warhammer is getting pirated.
The difficulty in understanding the Russian is that we do not take cognizance of the fact that he is not a European but an Asiatic and therefore thinks deviously. We can no more understand a Russian than a Chinaman or a Japanese and, from what I’ve seen of them, I have no particular desire to understand them except to ascertain how much lead or iron it takes to kill them.
781.png

He was right, though.

Barbarian

Arcane
Basically you're like the NFT boomers who wanted to convince everyone that they would revolutionize videogames, but couldn't tell what exactly they meant,

That's literally Larianfags tho, they're the ones screeching for 1000 pages how BG3 will revolutionize the genre, but when pressed for details they shut up and just rate your posts as retarded :M

There is nothing really innovative about this game.

Other rpg developers are butthurt because production values and depth of investment on reactivity will raise the bar a lot. That is all.

Barbarian

Arcane
I mean, Swen commenting on how their writers were going through every single dialogue/interaction and adding bits and pieces for every new class or race, specially the ones they liked the most(Barbarian is currently the class with most class specific choices and reactions). And that is something EA players requested and are enjoying the hell of it.

Other developers are sincerely jelly and butthurt about this.

Zeriel

Arcane
Gee they even had to take a shit on Aribeth too.

I feel like it is malicious on purpose just to ruin things.

Eh, Aribeth's is the one good one out of that bunch, it actually fits the story already established in the games and is authentic. The rest... terrible fanfiction tier.

Readher

Savant
Basically you're like the NFT boomers who wanted to convince everyone that they would revolutionize videogames, but couldn't tell what exactly they meant,

That's literally Larianfags tho, they're the ones screeching for 1000 pages how BG3 will revolutionize the genre, but when pressed for details they shut up and just rate your posts as retarded :M

There is nothing really innovative about this game.

Other rpg developers are butthurt because production values and depth of investment on reactivity will raise the bar a lot. That is all.
This is why Bethesda will never give their IP to anyone else again. New Vegas has shown that you can have all the benefits of a Bethesda game, and good writing and C&C on top of that.

Not that there is anyone to give Fallout to nowadays, certainly not 2023- Obshitian.

Shaki

Arbiter
That's literally Larianfags tho, they're the ones screeching for 1000 pages how BG3 will revolutionize the genre

Nobody is saying this but you
The amount of reactivity and actual role playing IS revolutionary, nothing comes close.

BG3 is the new standard for rpg's. No amount of seething of other devs or codex tards will change that.

Game of the year, easily. RPG of the decade. New gold standard.

I had to go back only 2 days for these great takes. Yes, for sure I am the one claiming it's revolutionary, new gold standard, RPG of the decade. Not Larianfags.

This is literally this whole thread. Larianfags say some retarded statement, then yell "NO U!!!!!" when pressed, then say the same retarded thing again. Rinse and repeat forever.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
That's literally Larianfags tho, they're the ones screeching for 1000 pages how BG3 will revolutionize the genre

The amount of reactivity and actual role playing IS revolutionary, nothing comes close.

BG3 is the new standard for rpg's. No amount of seething of other devs or codex tards will change that.

I had to go back only 2 days for these great takes. Yes, for sure I am the one claiming it's revolutionary, new gold standard, RPG of the decade. Not Larianfags.

This is literally this whole thread. Larianfags say some retarded statement, then yell "NO U!!!!!" when pressed, then say the same retarded thing again. Rinse and repeat forever.

Obviously Swen would hype his own game. whydoibother was doing a funny one, grow a sense of humor

Shaki

Arbiter

Obviously Swen would hype his own game. whydoibother was doing a funny one, grow a sense of humor

"No one is saying that but you" -> Gets proven wrong. -> "OK BUT AKSHUALLY IT'S TROLL/FUNNY/FAKE/BOT/MISSCLICK/MISTRANSLATION/DEMONIC POSESSION SO IT DOESN'T COUNT"

You just can't win with Larianfags, can you? There is always a cope for everything. The game can turn out to be literally nothing but bear sex simulator, and this thread will be full of people saying it was a great troll and mastery of PR from Swen, no one actually wanted BG3, it was all to hype up the greatest RPG ever that's coming very soon, DOS4.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
you're really putting in a lot of effort for a game you will play day one, congrats

Reinhardt

Arcane

and where is the problem? "rpg of the decade" is VERY low bar to clear right now.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
you're really putting in a lot of effort for a game you will play day one, congrats

I'm an old man, I don't half-ass things like zoomers, it's either nothing or full force of my autism

Well, since you're hardworking, find 50 posts proclaiming that BG3 is revolutionary. Since, according to you people here have done that for 1000 pages, in a thread with 26000+ posts, it should be easy. Just 0.2%

Darkwind

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I haven't looked at this game at ALL ever, up until now purposefully. I kept myself out of the loop for a variety of reasons including spoilers, and hoping against all hope, it would be a true successor to BG2.

I just watched the MAIN trailer on Steam and it looks to be mainly a bunch of interspecies romances including Le Gay Romance between a dwarven male and elven male.

Of ALL the trailers they could have chosen for someone who has never looked at the game in a one minute 11 second window they spent 30 of those seconds showing interracial (interspecies) romances and the beginnings of gay homo sex. That reeks of woke garbage tier shit dialed up to 11.

Is there any actual gameplay or is this a steaming pile of woke shit? Because that trailer speaks volumes...

cpmartins

Cipher
No pre load kind of sucks major ass though.

Means most people probably not even gonna play it on thursday 3rd but friday instead.
thats shit.

Fuck steam and EA
inventing-anna.gif

Pfff. 1 Gb/s here. I'll be done downloading in 20 minutes.
well, assuming the Steam servers aren't going to crash entirely at launch.
Steam MIGHT crash and burn as it often does on big releases.
Let's do some math here. Assuming, at launch, they sold around three million copies. I don't know how accurate this number is.
Assuming a file size of well over a hundred Gigabytes (150 maybe?), and assuming that load will be distributed evenly (lol it won't) across the globe on launch day, we are talking about over 450 Terabytes of data to be streamed from their servers.
Now, steam has a gigantic VPN to deliver that data, with capacities of well over that requirement. But, of course, these four fifty will be on top of that, and will be required over a much smaller timeframe.
We'll see.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom