Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Pizzashoes

Scholar
The fourth or fifth level wizard doesn't have Finger of Death to instantly snuff an enemy's life out, but he does have the experience to effectively use his spells for abstract, lethal methods such as placing Cloud of Daggers on a doorway, distributing Scorching Ray amongst his targets to kill his enemies efficiently, and even casting Sleep in such a way to allow his comrades to easily and efficiently slay his enemies. This man is a fucking menace. He may be eccentric, but he has slain multiple humanoids. He's not stopping either. Now, like I mentioned, he's probably going to react like a bitch to threats because he doesn't have the emotional gumption to deal with it. He wears cloth robes because he knows he's never getting hit.

But the fifth level fighter is definitely not a bitch. LOTR, WOT, ASOIAF/GOT, Dragonlance, Black Company, whatever popular fantasy you name, and my own personal experience attest to this simple fact. The fighter cannot and does not wilt in the face of threats of death. Their point of pride is flinging themselves into danger, killing their enemy, and claiming glory. A fifth level fighter looking like a bitch to somebody he never met is straight up dumb. That is, Larian's silent protagonist needs some work, and Larian should have the answers.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
RPG Codex is (in)famous for talking shit about video games. Hell, our unofficial slogan is, "Chances are, something you care about is shit. Why? Because this is the RPGCodex." (I may have gotten that slightly wrong, but you get the gist) Thanks for the correction, EFYROIUJKNGHWULLEDEBUB

But even here we won't put up with blatant opinion spamming, especially in the same thread, and that's what Drakortha is (was) doing. He can only re-word it so many ways. I think he's exhausted those ways, and it's getting irritating.

lol what? stop making up shit. Your autistic need to control other's speech is not a policy, or at least never used to be. Back in the NWN days, Volourn would spam his "NWN is the bestest evar!" tracts with zero variation, and no one ever thought to scream for the mods to ban him.

Volourn is a billion times more funny than this Drak guy. How dare you compare them

Pizzashoes

Scholar
The reason everyone suspects why these writers don't instill their characters with authentic human responses is because the writers, themselves, don't have the authentic human emotions gained from killing humans or being around soldiers who have killed humans. Their memories and experiences don't include slaying and conquering, but the literal adventurers in their stories are heroes, mercenaries, and cold-blooded, serial monsters. Expecting Larian to hire veterans who have killed humans is dumb, because most warriors can't write for shit. But what about sending RPG developers into combat zones as a war zone reporter? That is insane, but the writer would gain an unimaginable level of experience.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
I recently finished working away at Moby Dick after awhile, and the book is the result/story of an autist signing up for the adventure of going a'whalin. We need autists going on grand adventures and then sharing the best of it either in book or game format. Whether that be the Lord of the Rings, the chronicles of World Wars, or a new video game. Us humans need some excitement going on.

welly321

Scholar
Its sad that the BG3 thread has 1041 pages and the game is not even out yet while the caves of lore thread has 16 pages. Think lot of you are sleeping on that game. I will definitely play BG3 and I am looking forward to it but what could you all have possibly been discussing in the last 1000 pages? Bear sex?

Pizzashoes

Scholar
Adhering to Ahab's dream to me is the idea of sticking to some impossible goal, like dreaming of millions of role playing gaming customers engaging in Real Time with Pause in combat, regardless of feedback. Reality is, of course, who could possibly know RTwP would not succeed, when it was such a selling point for being faithful to the old school role playing games like Baldur's Gate 1/2?

But what is the actual goal all these seething RPG developers are lusting after? They probably want millions of consumers loving their own games. But, for me, in one example, I didn't love Pillars of Eternity 2 because it was too easy, too lame (in terms of male/female/gender dynamics), and the combat was too uninteresting. Those self-interests have nothing to do with any human desire, other than a general desire to be based. So what does an RPG developer like Smejki do? Ignore everything and follow the mainstream? Keep his job at all costs?

Pizzashoes

Scholar
Calling out Smejki again, because, of course, he is Larian Studio's representative on the Codex. But in the spirit of friendship, softball questions are in order.

What books are your defining, basic historical literature you studied to understand humanity in an abstract way?

How have you personally dealt with emotional struggle at Larian?

How did you lead your team through deadlines and how did you develop your subordinates?

How have you developed your successors? How do you see yourself adding to the company?

welly321

Scholar
caves of lore

How tf did I not hear about this game? Steam recommends me every shitty jank dungeon crawler under the sun, but not that one?

Thanks, buddy
no problem, enjoy. Its got great exploration and the combat system is well done. The best part of the game IMO is the spell system where each spell has its own unique uses that fit thematically.

On topic, does anyone know if BG3 will include the big set piece battles that we saw in DOS 1 and 2? I always found those interesting, like the fight where you were surrounded by tons of fire barrels.

Shaki

Arbiter
Its sad that the BG3 thread has 1041 pages and the game is not even out yet while the caves of lore thread has 16 pages. Think lot of you are sleeping on that game. I will definitely play BG3 and I am looking forward to it but what could you all have possibly been discussing in the last 1000 pages? Bear sex?
Most of this thread is Larianfags "ironically" discussing which companion will be their waifu and what sex acts the game will let them perform. Naturally such overload of degeneracy, also bring righteous crusaders like me, looking to stop these filthy creatures and cleanse this place.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
codex sure is thirsty. can you fags even talk about something other than vidya "romances"?

thats fair there are more important things to talk about

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1884836718?filter=archives&sort=time

Sadly I missed it live

Did he said anything interesting? I hope it wasn't something like "big secret of the Shadowheart is her dick".

Restetera thread has only 144 pages. https://www.resetera.com/threads/baldurs-gate-3-early-access-ot-rolling-the-dice.301235/page-144

How you think, Tuco, as Resetera attender, when they start seeing this game as misandrist shithole?
I thought our Tuco disclaimed Resetera Tuco as his account? I wonder if they knew there was a Codex Tuco, they would ban that guy just out of spite.

Perhaps. I didn't know that.

Okay I can tell that her right hand is feeling the other's left breast, but what's up with the other breast? It's pressed up against her body pushing it upwards, but there seems to be a much, much higher amount of mass in her right breast compared to her left.

THIS IS AN IMPORTANT TOPIC

Person who animated this never touched a woman. Or kissed with "long tongue".
What is "long tongue?" Is it some kind of weird French thing? I try to avoid these goyim sexual practices since they are forbidden in the Torah.

Well, my circumstanced friend, tongue is very sensitive tool to make woman sensitive. But to be used properly you must know how these things works. What is the most important, the tongue is a part of bigger apparature, mouth. Her and yours. Forceful putting tongue in woman mouth, like on video, fells to her like living warm worm in her delicate orifice. Kissing is more about exiting woman and wooing her to wanting more and more, but you cannot give her that fully, because that promise is impossible. Your reluctance is downing her a bit, but only before getting exited again.

It's true in kissing and in relationships generally.

BTW

https://www.liberation.fr/culture/j...-studios-20230713_YEQOKRZUGFHTXIXICJMFLOFSTM/

Swen speaking french in commie newspaper.

MerchantKing

Learned
Okay I can tell that her right hand is feeling the other's left breast, but what's up with the other breast? It's pressed up against her body pushing it upwards, but there seems to be a much, much higher amount of mass in her right breast compared to her left.

What is "long tongue?" Is it some kind of weird French thing? I try to avoid these goyim sexual practices since they are forbidden in the Torah.

Well, my circumstanced friend, tongue is very sensitive tool to make woman sensitive. But to be used properly you must know how these things works. What is the most important, the tongue is a part of bigger apparature, mouth. Her and yours. Forceful putting tongue in woman mouth, like on video, fells to her like living warm worm in her delicate orifice. Kissing is more about exiting woman and wooing her to wanting more and more, but you cannot give her that fully, because that promise is impossible. Your reluctance is downing her a bit, but only before getting exited again.

Why would I want to do that? That doesn't sound very kosher.

Shaki

Arbiter
Fuark Belgium hosting the best festivals yet again too

Larian partying it up

Of course, I clicked on a link from Swen, and the first thing I see are these two demonic trannies, can't make this shit up
Vch1A0s.png

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Why would I want to do that? That doesn't sound very kosher.

It's fun for both. Besides, you know what is kosher way? Banging Ruth by hole in long shirt.

Fuark Belgium hosting the best festivals yet again too

Larian partying it up

Of course, I clicked on a link from Swen, and the first thing I see are these two demonic trannies, can't make this shit up
Vch1A0s.png

Shaki, have you even seen a woman? Or my list of ten BG3 qualites?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom