Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Gradenmayer

Learned
There is no greater degeneracy than getting your ass fucked by Blizzard and paying for it.
45a097954728a8607de77c36ce57

Atleast I'm not playing a game that makes me feel like I need to take a shower after touching it.
c3ddbc01e77bd1a2313b935fe63d8117419b7979.gif
Yeah, Shower will not help you there anyway.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Late Bloomer, why the rating though? Those are all valid reasons to skip the game, don't you agree?

Left-wing was just to prepare the prompt, duh.
Sorry man. Was more a rating concerning how cucked AI is. I enjoyed the read though.
Yes, the ChatGPT pseudo-AI is truly hideous, for embracing the false notions that the "original Baldur's Gate games" are "legendary", "masterpieces", and "beloved". :rpgcodex:

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
If you like being fucked in the ass by a 50-year-old fat man, it's your decision.
That's not actually happening. You're speaking literally. I see it as me supporting the less woke and retarded developer. I always aim to support incline. By purchasing BG3 you're basically trying to normalize donkey fucking and other perverted shit. I'm supporting a video game that has little to no agenda. It's just trying to be a fucking video game, you braindead idiot.

MerchantKing

Learned
Atleast I'm not playing a game that makes me feel like I need to take a shower after touching it.
He says, playing a game full of demons.

Also, what's with the female avatar and woman reaction gif? Are you going tranny to try to woo Meb back to the site?
He probably watches too many movies and spends too much time on normalfag meme sites where he picks up these shitty reaction gifs.

Drakortha

Liturgist
That's not actually happening. You're speaking literally. I see it as me supporting the less woke and retarded developer. I always aim to support incline. By purchasing BG3 you're basically trying to normalize donkey fucking and other perverted shit. I'm supporting a video game that has little to no agenda. It's just trying to be a fucking video game, you braindead idiot
BG3 will be game of the decade, and D4 will be forgotten about.

You need to get with the times. This is the new normal and Larian knows this, because progress for the genre is in their DNA. That is what gives them their Pedigree.

By comparison, Blizzard are an immoral company who make their developers crunch. How can you support their antiquated practices?

Rhobar121

Scholar
If you like being fucked in the ass by a 50-year-old fat man, it's your decision.
That's not actually happening. You're speaking literally. I see it as me supporting the less woke and retarded developer. I always aim to support incline. By purchasing BG3 you're basically trying to normalize donkey fucking and other perverted shit. I'm supporting a video game that has little to no agenda. It's just trying to be a fucking video game, you braindead idiot.
If you really believe that blizzard is not retarded then you must really work there because I don't see any other option.
We're talking about the same developer who hasn't released a single good game in over 10 years.
A bunch of morons who can't program a trivial function for months and actively go out of their way to fuck the last people who play their titles.
Authors of such brilliant games as Diablo3, Warcraft 3 Reforged, Overwatch.
After they recently decided to cancel the announced pve for Overwatch (which was the selling point) buying their games is being a complete moron.

If I remember correctly, some programmer recently admitted how stupid they designed stash tab and eq. If up to this point anyone had been under the illusion that anyone other than a bunch of monkeys was working there, they should have lost all hope after this.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Minsc won't even be voiced by Jim Cummings so who cares.
It does suck, but Jim Cummings is going to die any day now. Maybe they didn't want to risk having to recast him like Wyll's voice actor refusing to come back.

Any sauce / gossip around what happened with that voice actor?
I assumed they thought he did a shit job and switched it up, is there more context?

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Because Wyll was the least used companion. Nobody liked him or his story. So they rewrote him to make sure people had a black guy in their party when streaming. It's bad optics to not have anybody be using him. Now he is all nice and friendly and has bloated stats. The old voice actor simply wasn't available is the most likely reason.

Whatchu lookin at? You don't like dis new voice actor, bitch?
new-wyll-actor-confirmed-v0-k9qj2uejybeb1.jpg

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Because Wyll was the least used companion. Nobody liked him or his story. So they rewrote him to make sure people had a black guy in their party when streaming. It's bad optics to not have anybody be using him. Now he is all nice and friendly and has bloated stats. The old voice actor simply wasn't available is the most likely reason.

Whatchu lookin at? You don't like dis new voice actor, bitch?
new-wyll-actor-confirmed-v0-k9qj2uejybeb1.jpg
sheeeeeit

Signin' pacts with demons, aw yee.. we wuz warlocks'n'shieeet.. Ayo..

Pizzashoes

Scholar
Here is a list of 10 reasons why Baldur's Gate 3 isn't worth playing. The numbers don't represent anything other than a way to organize them. I challenge you, if you read this list and find your blood pressure rising, ready to type out an angry response, to take a deep breath. Then when you are relaxed, type out your own list of 10 reasons why you think Baldur's Gate 3 is worth playing. Not a retort to this as much as you forming your own opinion, your own list as to why someone should play. I am of the belief that nobody will be able to come up with a convincing list of 10 reasons of their own.
This is a limp dick opener to your points. These sentences effectively make the rest of your post more boring to read. I read your whole post, and you actually agree with what the folks in the thread have been saying for three years, hence the brofist. But what are you complaining about? Your posts calling out degeneracy were actually funny and were rated as such. Yeah, the game's got some shit, but that crap happens to appeal to millions of casual RPG players. Larian is making $$$$$. Only the most purist, grognard faithful tendencies would force them to not make money, but they have a staff of hundreds of employees gainfully grinding away. Thankfully, the game has enough stuff to appeal to old D&D and Baldur's Gate fans to give it a shot. That stuff has already been posted. High production values for a CRPG, reactivity in race/class/dialogue choices, 5E D&D builds, varied combat encounters, items, and choices to build your story. Most importantly, a CRPG player can have some fun with all the different things you can do in this game.

Zeriel

Arcane
RPG Codex is (in)famous for talking shit about video games. Hell, our unofficial slogan is, "Chances are, something you care about is shit. Why? Because this is the RPGCodex." (I may have gotten that slightly wrong, but you get the gist) Thanks for the correction, EFYROIUJKNGHWULLEDEBUB

But even here we won't put up with blatant opinion spamming, especially in the same thread, and that's what Drakortha is (was) doing. He can only re-word it so many ways. I think he's exhausted those ways, and it's getting irritating.

lol what? stop making up shit. Your autistic need to control other's speech is not a policy, or at least never used to be. Back in the NWN days, Volourn would spam his "NWN is the bestest evar!" tracts with zero variation, and no one ever thought to scream for the mods to ban him.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
Damn, I just missed the capture on some atrocious facial/visual acting for the custom Player Character in Early Access. The scene is with the Demon Raphael, who I believe triggers upon your character gaining the fifth level. Anyway, for the reactivity I just defended a couple posts up, you should know your character is going to visually react like a bitch in the face of ostensibly intimidating events, instead of acting like an impassive, stoic man. Man, I've created a player character fighter who can kill magical monsters I would never dream of being able to scratch, and he still reacts to emotional threats I would shrug off. Come on now.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
These adventurers are fucking cold-blooded killers. They do not give a fuck when anybody threatens them.

Pizzashoes

Scholar
I'm talking about the difference between internal emotions versus external display of emotions. For a fourth or fifth level adventurer to reveal his actual thoughts on his face or in his voice, he would have to be a scholar/wizard/intellect user who does not value and has not been trained in dissembling his true intentions in his body language. That wizard would have focused on the true nature of magic, and not on the emotional interplay of humans. A fourth or fifth level fighter will probably portray confidence (regardless of his true thoughts) up to the point of breaking morale and running away. The exception would be some outstandingly skilled duelist who somehow had faster reactions than every human without learning how to control their emotions. Fifth level adventurers should have veteran experience after surviving combat, and in Baldur's Gate 3, they certainly have killed a bunch of humanoids in life and death struggles. Killing people, unsurprisingly, affects people's emotions, and one of the results of being engaged in life and death struggles is being less affected by threats of death.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Just use ignore feature if you don’t want to read his repetitive retarded ramblings.
There needs to be some limit, some semblance of order, else everything discussion will just turn to shit. His monologue opinion wasn't silenced, it was heard loud and clear 5603 times.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom