Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
god, that's way too on the nose to be funny. like he's trying way too hard and has no subtlety.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
1690815994704.png

Fucking hell, all the cool class combinations have some sort of redundancy or no-fun-allowed rules.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Never understood who are these people who spend half of their wage into microtransactions
it makes so much sense now
Supposedly the average "whales" in MMOs, Gacha, and adjacent are somewhat wealthy people who often lack a lot of time for games, but who still want to be "ahead" of other players (and are willing to pay for that privilege), whether that's through flashy cosmetics or straight up pay-to-win power advantages.

The saddest thing are those f2p games that're so skewed that the free-to-play options only exist to give the whales some plebs to contrast themselves against and to feel superior to.

Kinda makes sense that out-of-touch finance types would think that's perfectly socially acceptable. Though there are plenty with dead-end jobs and bad spending habits.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Gaming is failing because of such idiots who use microtransactions in paid games. This is even worse than the morons who bought armor for a horse in Oblivion.

Rhobar121

Scholar

Ulysa

Scholar
Yesterday a "friend" asked me to buy this to play with him. There's no going back from that buddy. :betrayed: Thank you Larian.

Like I don't have enough with seeing pink haired people that only want to fuck a mindflayer saying the words "Baldur's Gate".

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Yesterday a "friend" asked me to buy this to play with him. There's no going back from that buddy. :betrayed: Thank you Larian.

Like I don't have enough with seeing pink haired people that only want to fuck a mindflayer saying the words "Baldur's Gate".
Clearly he is signaling he wants to suck your dick, bro.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
If I understand it correctly, by level 12 we will have 3 opportunities to either increase our ability score or select a feat, specifically at levels 4, 8, and 12. According to the BG3 wiki, the ability score increases are only good up to 20 on a stat.

Unless there is a damn good weapon, the weapon master feat to obtain additional weapon proficiencies doesn't feel particularly good imo.

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I wish we could form a complete paladin squad at character creation just so I can go full Imperium of Man on this game. Going to depopulate BG3 Oblivion-style. Eventually mods will introduce an interrupt function so you don't have to talk to NPCs at all before killing them!

1690820586235.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom