Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Barbarian

Arcane
Tim Cain also a shitpusher. If Fallout was developed today it would probably be full of faggotry as well.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I started playing Jagged Alliance 3 and tbh I forgot this game even existed
Yes, I have also been playing Jagged Alliance 3...

buns2.png

...but now I'm reminded of Lilura, for some reason. :M

Last edited:

Steezus

Savant
Patron
Does this game actually have 170 hours of cutscenes or is it a meme

It's probably much less, the numbers just gets blown out of proportions due to small variances in dialogue. You also (hopefully) will see only a fraction of that on any given playthrough.

Is JA3 good? No bugs and stuff I could give it a playthrough.

All our fan favourite mercs back?
It's solid. It has all the important foundations in place and the environmental destruction is very flexible, to the point it's almost weird they didn't advertise it more (it's basically on par with Silent Storm, which was the golden standard in the genre).
Its major flaws currently are a poor balance between different weapons (some types are CLEARLY better than others) and an UI that could use some improvement on few quality of life details.
All things that could easily be addressed with post-release support IF the devs are going to acknowledge them (and they claim they are looking carefully into it).

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy

Does this game actually have 170 hours of cutscenes or is it a meme
That's not new information: https://steamcommunity.com/games/1086940/announcements/detail/3657534571513526777

It has 174 hours of cinematics, making it more than twice the length of every season of Game of Thrones combined.
Priorities: misplaced.

The game.
Giving GoT as an example was no accident. This is their audience. People who watched all of GoT and still thought it was great.

Got halfway through ToB and decided to roll a new character for fun.

I got a 96.... Maybe I should play another playthrough before Bg3 comes out how many more days do I have? I could do BG1 Just get the tomes and XP cap and then export to BG2.
Turning back so late? That's brutal. After a certain year, I treated all runs as No-Reload. had a couple of runs where I had MC die at the end of SoA, or multiple party members get chunked late in ToB. Those were always tough moments. Still, no turning back unless MC death.

Modron

Arcane
(it's basically on par with Silent Storm, which was the golden standard in the genre).
Maybe a bit of a stretch but yes most parts of buildings are demolishable; each and every hole is not something characters are going to be able to jump up and can crawl through. Very few building have more than 3 levels, so not really much opportunity for some massive SS collapses. I really should have tried leveling some of those bigger buildings in the cities with mortars/shooting out each and every bit of wall on the first floor. One thing JA3 has over Silent Storm is that you return to locations and all damage is persistent.

I also said it was weird how they weren't advertising the destruction featured in a few scant screenshots before release as a selling feature.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
something from the latest community update

"partial illithid" guess you can maybe become full mind flayer
also freecast => 2x action surge in a row :shredder:

54131041a66c1618be550e507225ad17f6ebce3c.png

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Turning back so late? That's brutal. After a certain year, I treated all runs as No-Reload. had a couple of runs where I had MC die at the end of SoA, or multiple party members get chunked late in ToB. Those were always tough moments. Still, no turning back unless MC death.

I'll finish the playthrough just had an idea for something and did a few rerolls and got 96. It'd be a crime not to use that character later on.

Ryzer

Arcane
Got halfway through ToB and decided to roll a new character for fun.

I got a 96.... Maybe I should play another playthrough before Bg3 comes out how many more days do I have? I could do BG1 Just get the tomes and XP cap and then export to BG2.
Not sure what your intentions here are. Why ruin the aftertaste of fine wine with a plate of dung?
Sounds like a before/after IRL tinder experience.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Larian is constantly dishing out conflicting informations.

First they claim respec you companions won't influence their background, storywise they will always be a cleric/warlock now they say respec shadowheart or wyll will influnce their dialgoue options and how stories played out.

And they even change the latest community update, first they said the origin characters will romance each other if you don't romance them, than they changed it into npc origin characters won't romance each other.

Feels like the marketing team has no idea what the game is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom