Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Ok. So if an enemy sits atop a box and you shove the box, it literally flies from under his feet and he goes "everything's fine". Got it.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Read an EA review. They said it was straight garbage. Looks like another Outerworlds-esque failure.
I wasn't crazy about the EA so I dropped it, but it was good enough that I'll end up playing it eventually after it's complete.
It is objectively not TOW-tier "straight garbage" though.

Vatnik Wumao
Hmm, tempted to try playing a dwarven cleric of Laduguer, but I guess my (shield) dwarvenness would make the Duergar hate me regardless of deity affiliation.

Did y'all get any deity-specific reactions in dialogue? Wouldn't make too much sense for NPCs to know your patron deity in advance, but eh.

Black

Arcane
Hmm, tempted to try playing a dwarven cleric of Laduguer, but I guess my (shield) dwarvenness would make the Duergar hate me regardless of deity affiliation.

Did y'all get any deity-specific reactions in dialogue? Wouldn't make too much sense for NPCs to know your patron deity in advance, but eh.
I saw [Lol's Drow] and [evil cleric] dialogue options.

Vatnik Wumao

I saw [Lol's Drow] and [evil cleric] dialogue options.
Hmm. Should make a gold dwarf just to be on the safe side, since the Duergar's hate is mostly directed towards shield dwarves.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Go eat some tortillas Rodriguez, this game is too complicated for a low IQ wetback anyway.

Another dumbass rusty_shackleford alt. How about you sodomize yourself with a razorblade, shithead
cool_story_bro.png

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Since Swen has confirmed that the EA intentionally contains the neutral and evil companions, I wonder if the final game will have different companions in the place of some of those it has now. If swapping them is possible I wonder if it may even be possible that they be randomized.
Actually I wouldn't mind having then as the main companions, change the dynamic of feeling easy with a Good aligned character. Love the "This motherfucker might stab me if I don't play my card right"
What continues to go unmentioned, including in this thread, is that, as far as we can judge from the EA content, we seem to be in for an RPG where roleplaying an evil character is viable and has its own story paths and rewards. This is nothing short of "revolutionary" considering previous BG games, IE games in general, and RPGs in general, especially big-budget, big-hype, AAA RPGs. Why isn't anyone celebrating? For me this is a much bigger event than having turn-based D&D.

They aren't celebrating cause to discover stuff like this you have to play the game . It's full of posers, like this guy pretending to replay BG1 to get kool kodex kredits, as usual it works.
Most cuckdexers don’t actually like rpgs.

Most people who talk about a given game haven't played it, or played it for a handful of hours. This is true for any forum.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Well, going solo with a rogue is interesting. Killiing everything, including companions, Shadowheart was my first victim (bitch went down in 2 hits
like a bitch
), Gale too but then he appeared suddenly in a conversation and saying he wants me to res him. Well, fuck him. Next Astarion and all the rest. It's fun. Definitely have to change things up a bit, approach and use every item I have, pretty cool.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Cry some more about it, little untermensch.

Another dumbass rusty_shackleford alt. How about you sodomize yourself with a razorblade, shithead
cool_story_bro.png
Wtf are these poor taco niggers even doing on the codex... Decline/10
Looks like this idiot going crazy because someone didn't like the gay anime scenes in BG3. :lol: Dude, go back to jerking off with pictures of fire hydrants. Stop crying like some embarrassed little untermensch.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Some things with the combat animations are a bit disappointing. I read earlier that some of you were impressed, like how they knock arrows and such. That is cool, but I don't get why we in this day and age can't get the "dance of death" again from Neverwinter. Yeah, it wouldn't be exactly like it, since it's turn-based but from what I have seen and experienced in-game all misses and such just look pathetic. It's a poof and canned dodge animation. It would be so much cooler if you could actually see your fighter take the arrow in his shield, or see it safely plonk of the helmet, or see the rogue actually dodging an magic attack, or just a simple parry with a sword. And since it seems to actually use true line of sight for projectiles - could a stray arrow hit another? Is that allowed in D&D 5e? Seeing more stuff like that would be fantastic.

(Instead we get muff-diving animations :))

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Cry some more about it, little untermensch.

cool_story_bro.png
Looks like this idiot going crazy because someone didn't like the gay anime scenes in BG3. :lol: Dude, go back to jerking off with pictures of fire hydrants. Stop crying like some embarrassed little untermensch.
Lol the irony when this poor brown bean eating wetback calls someone "untermensch"

JwVm2nQ.png

Congratulations José, even fucking romanians and bulgarians are smarter.

LMFAO The average household income is 13,239 pesos ($843) a month

q172e54lxfyy.jpg

Just lol at your shithole country and existence.

mexico-696x464.jpg

Last edited:

Black

Arcane
Well, going solo with a rogue is interesting. Killiing everything, including companions, Shadowheart was my first victim (bitch went down in 2 hits
like a bitch
), Gale too but then he appeared suddenly in a conversation and saying he wants me to res him. Well, fuck him. Next Astarion and all the rest. It's fun. Definitely have to change things up a bit, approach and use every item I have, pretty cool.
From what I saw there's sadly no real incentive to go solo, not even extra exp. In Motb you could at least eat your companions for sick crafting materials.

Voids

Augur
like a bitch

How far along are you? There's no way it's soloable through the entire act.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
like a bitch

How far along are you? There's no way it's soloable through the entire act.
Just entered the druid camp. It's getting tougher.

Poseidon00

Arcane
From what I saw there's sadly no real incentive to go solo, not even extra exp. In Motb you could at least eat your companions for sick crafting materials.

Best part of the game. The Amulet of Betrayal Personified, while being hilariously OP in every way, was such a badass item. "This amulet screams with the fury of the betrayed" or some shit like that. Glorious.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!

Retards Shittyford, can't even keep in character - because he has none. He's just an autistic midwit asshole.

But he has to read my posts, the bitch
smug.png

(also fascinatingly stupid to think right-wing memes trigger me, I fucking wrote them)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom