Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Larianshill

Arbiter
Instead of all this nonsense. Can somebody who reads BG3 subreddit or Larian’s forums post here links to important polls and discussions. Please.

i’ve missed too many opportunities to vote for a better future for my children already.
I honestly think that the feedback phase is mostly over by now. Larian probably collected all the data they need. They actually promised to post an article on their exact methods and conclusions soon (TM).

I honestly think that the feedback phase is mostly over by now. Larian probably collected all the data they need. They actually promised to post an article on their exact methods and conclusions soon (TM).
Well, not like there would be time to implement any extensive change at this point, anyway.

The question is more about how they'll fine tune the minute details.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Well people Solasta has his own merits but also is pretty schematic too much... Is good for who is looking for authentic 5ED combat only but little else.

Arstyle: Terrible.
Narration: Bland and Generic.

WHat bg3 needs is to don't be shy to implement core mechanics of D&D and it would be a fantastic D&D game with a nice graphics choice and concequence and character build that matter outside of combat. Perception checks. Diplomacy check etc. It also have a lot of reactivity in the story you can chose who to side with and that change totally the arc.

I did try both and i enjoed solasta for having fathful rules. But honestly? Little else.

Felt more like playing a turn based dungeon crawler than instead mimic a D&D pen and paper experience.

And the artstyle is one of the worst i seen since Dragon age 2.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well people Solasta has his own merits but also is pretty schematic too much... Is good for who is looking for authentic 5ED combat only but little else.

Arstyle: Terrible.
Narration: Bland and Generic.

WHat bg3 needs is to don't be shy to implement core mechanics of D&D and it would be a fantastic D&D game with a nice graphics choice and concequence and character build that matter outside of combat. Perception checks. Diplomacy check etc. It also have a lot of reactivity in the story you can chose who to side with and that change totally the arc.

I did try both and i enjoed solasta for having fathful rules. But honestly? Little else.

Felt more like playing a turn based dungeon crawler than instead mimic a D&D pen and paper experience.

And the artstyle is one of the worst i seen since Dragon age 2.
They made it like that. :lol:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Someone needs to make a chad VS virgin meme with pf and bg3.

PF:WoTR :
  • - Has lichdoom
  • - Has other mythic paths (Dragon, Swarm who talks, Demon, etc)
  • - Has Arueshalae
  • - Has Nocticula
  • - Has a amazing HoMM3 crusade system
  • - Hundreds if not thousands of cool spells
  • - Lv cap? 20/10 mythic
  • - Glorious PF1e ruleset.
  • (...)

BG3 :
  • - Has nothing good
  • - Ultra slow animations
  • - HP bloat
  • - lv 3 Arch-druids
  • - Barrelmancy
  • - Is made by a company that can't make even firebolt right
  • - You can't even have a familiar + mage hand at the same time, which indicates single summon BS(compared to leading a army of the death on wotr)
  • - Lv cap? 10 in a epic campaign
  • Ruleset? 5E the "skyrim' of tabletop games modified by Larian.
  • (...)
  • - Has Astarion, turning all bad things even worse

Last edited:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Fake BG3 don't have proper reactions?

Why?

Solasta does. I don't find the game slower because of it. It is fukkin' turn base. You are supposed to take your time.

Reactions in Solasta are cool because it give you opinions and makes you 'think'.

If Fake BG3 doesn't have Solasta/pnp style reaction choices it is fukked up and FAIL.

I cna deal with a lame ass check box if you give me my DnD shit.

Now, Solasta needs to fic character models.

Fake BG3 is near hopeless. Fukkin' BG title.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
VCM9c50.jpg

Here is my poorly made meme to trigger Larian cultists.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
VCM9c50.jpg

Here is my poorly made meme to trigger Larian cultists.
counterpoint
Untitled.jpg

Not even the furry companion is as bad as Astarion. And most companions are pretty interesting. I don't like manlets but a gnome who become a hell knight is a interesting concept and he has a interesting story. A Succubus in redemption who strugged hard to become chaotical neutral, a undead ranger which can only be reanimated by a lich, a good ostracized Witch, there are a lot of good companions on wotr. And Volourn, yes, but to be fair with bg3. The "cast and forget" style of casting being abandoned due 5E, not Larian's fault. Solasta which is a much better adaptation has the same casting.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"The "cast and forget" style of casting being abandoned due 5E, not Larian's fault."

Bullshitz. Wut the fuk you on mate?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom