Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
The Tomoe Nage in Streetfighter is so cool.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
kpNXadr.png

135 comments, but only 7 upvotes.
Stay off reddit. It will drive you mad. You and I can disagree on larian all day but you'll have a better time bashing your head against mine than anything you could possibly gain there. Especially in that subreddit.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
...so this is my competition?

Did you read the reviews? Retarded game journalists(redundancy) complained that the most simplistic TT ruleset ever is "overwhelming". Look to USER reviews. Solasta gains on steam(90% VS 88%) and on GoG

2xFP3im.png

K3UxJQ2.png

A company with less than 10% of the size of Larian managed to please the target audience more. But congratulations, you managed to please guys who can't beat cuphead tutorial.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

Did you read the reviews? Retarded game journalists(redundancy) complained that the most simplistic TT ruleset ever is "overwhelming". Look to USER reviews. Solasta gains on steam(90% VS 88%) and on GoG

2xFP3im.png

K3UxJQ2.png

A company with less than 10% of the size of Larian managed to please the target audience more. But congratulations, you managed to please guys who can't beat cuphead tutorial.
HeartfeltGrandioseAustraliankestrel-max-1mb.gif

User reviews? Lol I can play that game too:

FC5sSyI.png

Codex peasants never cease to amaze me, know your place plebs!

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

2xFP3im.png

K3UxJQ2.png

FC5sSyI.png

Solasta has higher user review on steam too.

I refuse to take any post 2000 game journalist seriously. On 90s, they had knowledge about what they talk.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

2xFP3im.png

K3UxJQ2.png

FC5sSyI.png

Solasta has higher user review on steam too.

I refuse to take any post 2000 game journalist seriously. On 90s, they had knowledge about what they talk.

Stop coping friend, most of the reviews are from smaller none cucked outlets, not IGN or eurogamer.

Also Solasta only has 3k reviews on steam... LOL, probably from all the cucks who kickstarted this crap and are emotionally invested.

EBaeyb4.png

Also don't forget Larian is indie and was small too when they created this masterpiece:

agTuAnZ.png

Bow down codexian serfs.

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Also don't forget Larian is indie and was small too when they created this masterpiece:

If game journos like a game, is a evidence against the game quality, not for the game quality. Note that the second PAthfinder game(Wrath of the Righteous) got more money on KS than this """must play game according to game journos"""

Shrimp

Liturgist
Unironically using any of the metrics posted here speaks against your right to be taken seriously tbh

Slaver1

Savant
It should be a dream CRPG with its exorbitant budget and prestigious title. What it is is an uneven and horribly paced game with no sense of impetus or direction and garbage controls. Combat encounters are either too easy/mindless from abusing the ruleset or become exercises in frustration that make the latter preferable. It's all so unsatisfying. Meanwhile I'm playing BG2 yet again (with SCS) and having more fun than ever. It's just more systemically satisfying across the board and the art still holds up.

Slaver1

Savant
It should be a dream CRPG with its exorbitant budget and prestigious title. What it is is an uneven and horribly paced game with no sense of impetus or direction and garbage controls.

Yup. just like DOS and DOS II. BG3 is just DOS3. What else did you expect?
As someone who doesn't care about the co-op multiplayer aspect DOS2 has got to be the single most-overrated game I've ever played.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I say that BUGthesda games are the fast food equivalent of RPG's but honestly, I had more fun in any bugthesda game that I"ve played than Larian games...

Solasta and WOTR are a low base to compare it with in the first place

Did you played both? You can even become a freaking Lich on WoTR, the game has a HoMM3 style crusade, romanceable succubus companions epic story, thousands of possible races and classes to chose from, so you can be for eg, a kitsune winter witch.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Did you played both? You can even become a freaking Lich on WoTR, the game has a HoMM3 style crusade, romanceable succubus companions epic story, thousands of possible races and classes to chose from, so you can be for eg, a kitsune winter witch.

I haven't played WOTR, but i did try Cuckmaker and wasn't really impressed. Look, i don't care what you can potentially do. A good game is all about the minute-to-minute gameplay. If it is not fun, i don't care about "duh possibilities". People here are so autistic that are more hyped about the on-paper possibilities than about how the freaking game actually plays in real time. If WOTR is another savescum-a-thon, count me out.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:nocountryforshitposters:
Yeah,both games are shit and compete to which one will be the biggest cringe fest. I have no expectations for both of them.....other than cringe shitty game with retarded mechanics. Solasta clearly delivered on that front,same as bg3 did when it came in ea.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom