Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

But surely this professional games journalist who works at GAMESPOT pressed Swen for details during the interview? He wouldn't just let him waffle on without giving details. That would be incompetence.
Speaking of which, this spineless sycophant goes even on about how "the most requested feature in the subreddit is seeing the guy in his armor again".

Now, I have a very low opinion of that subreddit in general, so this wouldn't really surprise me that much, but to their credit someone on the official forum went and checked all posts in the last two weeks and there's virtually no mention of this alleged thirst to see Swen in his armor again.
What are the most discussed topics in the subreddit, then? Apparently a better reaction system and the lack of updates, I've been told.

We have apparently reached the point of writing impromptu fan fiction during a professional interview to suck off the other guy.

Larianshill

Arbiter
One of the very few "custom changes" Larian introduced that I didn't dislike is giving special attacks to each type of weapon. I wouldn't mind if they expanded a bit on that. It goes to address an actual flaw with the 5th edition, which is having different weapons that feel all more or less the same to use.
Problem is, when you split all those abilities between weapons, what is Battlemaster Fighter to do? All those abilities like cleave, and bleed, and run through, should be things martials can do regardless of the weapon.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Problem is, when you split all those abilities between weapons, what is Battlemaster Fighter to do? All those abilities like cleave, and bleed, and run through, should be things martials can do regardless of the weapon.

Introduce NEW abilities to weapons.

Or make the battlemaster fighter having better versions of this abilities. Eg - Import GREAT cleave from 3.5e or maybe import some combat maneuvers from 4E with "tier based" progression to gradually introduce players to more complexity.

Mortmal

Arcane
Hopefully, what this actually means, Swen is making changes to Reactions. Swen did hint at a dialogue rework in the video, something that would help to cast Guidance during the conversation (Solasta already does that).

God fucking finally. If they rework dialogue to allow skill modification during skill checks, then they would be retarded to not include the ability to let the most competent character roll for a skill check.
And that is what the game most sorely needs right now. Failing nature checks because you talked to the NPC with your warlock, not with your druid, feels trendemously unsatisfying.
That and can be sum up as look at solasta it's doing everything better except graphics with 1/100 of the budget.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Swen looks exhausted and hating everything. He was probably reading Larian forum for the past two months. Excruciating experience I must tell.
Of course, after Tuco spamming his autism on every board that's even slightly related to BG3...

It's_All_So_Tiresome.jpg

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Swen looks exhausted and hating everything. He was probably reading Larian forum for the past two months. Excruciating experience I must tell.
Of course, after Tuco spamming his autism on every board that's even slightly related to BG3...

It's_All_So_Tiresome.jpg

Can't take the heat get out of the kitchen big boy. It's your job to separate the wheat from the chaff. It that were easy you'd have a lot more competition. Be glad it isn't and get to work.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
With the "cinematic approach" it takes a lot of time and effort for them to add or change things people ask for in feedback.

AMC can handle the cinemas. Larian is in the game business. Stop fucking around and make the game great.

Cinema is 20th Century. You're in the 21st.

Thonius

Arcane
This interview sounds very discouraging.

Swen can't even commit for 2022 as a year of release. Yet he keeps blabbering about the amazing reactivity of That One Thing We Did. Oh yeah and D:OS normies don't like our combat, "can't do the things they expect to do" (like what, move barrels?).

He seems to be digging himself into the hole of unplanned rehashing of content and mechanics while adding disproportionate amount of detail into specific parts of the content.

I can see how in 2022 he is out of budget, and the game gets released with the EA areas being in good shape in terms of reactivity and content while the rest of the game is barebones. In other words - just like what he did with D:OS and D:OS2.
Don't forget stadia thingy that's already dead ( thank God ).

Mortmal

Arcane

Swen can't even commit for 2022 as a year of release. Yet he keeps blabbering about the amazing reactivity of That One Thing We Did. Oh yeah and D:OS normies don't like our combat, "can't do the things they expect to do" (like what, move barrels?).

He seems to be digging himself into the hole of unplanned rehashing of content and mechanics while adding disproportionate amount of detail into specific parts of the content.

I can see how in 2022 he is out of budget, and the game gets released with the EA areas being in good shape in terms of reactivity and content while the rest of the game is barebones. In other words - just like what he did with D:OS and D:OS2.
Well maybe stadia was part of why it has such a big budget ,there was probably a deal with larian , so we benifit from that clusterfuck.

There were stories going around about how much of an obscene amount of money Stadia spent to get few temporal exclusives.
We are talking about sums reaching the 100 millions.

I'd have taken the deal as well, especially since they are still free to release on Steam/PC and the only compromise was postponing eventual console versions, which were always minority sales for their games.

Gargaune

Arcane
I'd have taken the deal as well, especially since they are still free to release on Steam/PC and the only compromise was postponing eventual console versions, which were always minority sales for their games.
I'll happily give it to Swen, it'll be fucking hilarious if Stadia officially kicks the bucket by the time BG3 rolls out. Call me petty, but Google dropping millions for jack shit would take the sting out of my paying €60 for a toilet chain.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Well maybe stadia was part of why it has such a big budget ,there was probably a deal with larian , so we benifit from that clusterfuck.
For us to benefit there has to be a good game first. Money won't fix the larian core gameplay garbage lol. In the end i think nobody will win from this whole thing. The game will be bigger,thus more shit,thus worst for us. Swen will burn trough all the gibs expecting good return,which he will not get because it is a niche genre. Stadion will expect a horde of new dumb users....lol.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Swen you ungrateful bastard Tuco is providing the feedback you supposed to consider. Take some prozac and get back to work.
Nobody forces you to read belgian gay forums.
I was injecting my VERY valuable feedback Swen’s minions supposed to process and implement. Unfortunately there are a lot of retards whose only occupation it seems is to dismiss any critique with some obscene nonsense which could easily be boiled down to “i cant see a problem lol”.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom