Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
28 HP at level 1? I thought they were bragging about following dnd rules? Lmao

Nice stats, too.

Give the decent tits/cleavage though.

BruceVC

Magister
Datamining did show some promise when it comes to BG3 booba, but we'll see if these make it into the final game.
Datamined model for the Nightsong
8ucI3Ib.png

Mizora, Wyll's Cambion Patron
I4RRBdD.png
Vv03JNM.png

BG3 is looking better and better ...I cant wait for final release :salute:

"They really want to reach the ambition that they have, because they all played Baldur's Gate I and II in their youth."

:nocountryforshitposters:
In an early interview, Swen stated that when he announced that they would be making Baldur's Gate III to Larian staff, he noted how half of the team was elated, but the other half was bewildered as to why that was a big deal.

Shrimp

Arbiter
"They really want to reach the ambition that they have, because they all played Baldur's Gate I and II in their youth."

:nocountryforshitposters:
In an early interview, Swen stated that when he announced that they would be making Baldur's Gate III to Larian staff, he noted how half of the team was elated, but the other half was bewildered as to why that was a big deal.
For Pink Eye:
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2019-baldurs-gate-3-aims-to-do-what-no-other-rp/1100-6467440/
What was the reaction? Did you sit everyone in the studio down and say, "We've got Baldur's Gate 3"--what was that like?

SV: There were two reactions. It was quite funny actually. So, we have four studios. And I also told Steve not to tell the other guys, because I wanted to have the joy of being the one telling them and seeing their faces.

We gathered everybody around and we had two reactions. We had the guys that were completely freaking out. But then surprisingly, or maybe not so surprisingly, the younger ones that said, "What is it? [whispering]" They actually didn't know what it was.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Either that or people are waiting to play the actual release rather than screw around with the same content and classes to the point that they don't want to touch it anymore.
:philosoraptor:

I mean things died off so much that even people who hate the game watch this thread religiously (or so evidence would indicate).

AliceAlcina

Learned
Either that or people are waiting to play the actual release rather than screw around with the same content and classes to the point that they don't want to touch it anymore.
:philosoraptor:

I mean things died off so much that even people who hate the game watch this thread religiously (or so evidence would indicate).

Hype among Divinity fans and normie video games fans died pretty much around the time Winter 2021 because updates were too slow and there's no reasonable content past the content you done on release. There's nothing to do in game, you level to level 3 pretty quickly compared to actual things you do (you done nothing up to level 3), but it is so dragged it feels like eons. You got turn based fights with mindset "let pile up enemy numbers like it's real time game" and you got stuck at level 4, because coding level 5 is obviously too much work, but that makes game relatively adventure style.
This thread is more lively than Larian forums combined.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The hype for this game died off marvelously

It always surprised me that they went into Early Access so early. Aren't most of the people who would be interested in it already sick of it by now? I mean it's not as if the full game isn't just going to be more of the same, and if you've already "worn out" the beginning of the story (which is usually the most engaging and front-loaded part of these games anyway, and sets the tone for the rest of the game), what's the point?

You can understand a small, poor indie (like the one man band of Stellar Tactics) doing Early Access right from the start - in that case the primary audience is "growing with" the game's development - but a big company like Larian?

I suppose they must reckon that the potential audience for a BG game is big enough and casual enough that most of it won't have touched the Early Access.

Sarathiour

Cipher
I still expect this to become a commercial sucess, wotc will bring out the big gun and all of their influencer shorlty before the release.

Unless Larian fuck up their treasury, in that case we will only know it after it crashed.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron

It always surprised me that they went into Early Access so early. Aren't most of the people who would be interested in it already sick of it by now? I mean it's not as if the full game isn't just going to be more of the same, and if you've already "worn out" the beginning of the story (which is usually the most engaging and front-loaded part of these games anyway, and sets the tone for the rest of the game), what's the point?

You can understand a small, poor indie (like the one man band of Stellar Tactics) doing Early Access right from the start - in that case the primary audience is "growing with" the game's development - but a big company like Larian?

I suppose they must reckon that the potential audience for a BG game is big enough and casual enough that most of it won't have touched the Early Access.
Most people who tried the early access probably haven't touched the game since, so when the full release is out they'll have mostly forgotten about the EA and the game will feel fresh.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

It always surprised me that they went into Early Access so early. Aren't most of the people who would be interested in it already sick of it by now?

yup exactly

Yeah, they are noobs

Doesnt surprise me, back in the day Larian were like a C-tier company, irrelevant during the RPG renaissance

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

I hope they grew disinterested and felt scammed. Never do EA, don't reward devs by paying to be their beta testers.
I bought it because I was curious. I fully recognize that it's universally a bad decision to buy EA. No exceptions.

However, I was so pleasantly surprised, both by the initial EA experience, and Larian's decisions to improve it that I am in no way disappointed by my purchase.

The EA game is like a small, low-level campaign in itself. It's fully playable and provides enough resolution on enough questlines to feel satisfying.

I would rate Larian's EA experience *far* above Obsidian's NWN2 Official Campaign at release, and even today.

It was truly a pleasure to play, and apart from the very start feeling a little railroaded (reminds me of KOTOR's start, actually), it's a vastly improved CRPG experience compared to most of the RPGs released in the past 20 years.

The only reason I don't "hype" this game more is because I'm waiting for the next big content release. Otherwise, I'd just be talking about the same stuff over and over, with a few modifications and bugfixes here and there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom