Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Who ever wrote those things, didn't even beat BG 2 with Cernd in the party.
Written and designed by James Ohlen, Drew Karpyshyn and Brent Knowles et al. Ohlen is the lead designer of Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2, and I am sure that most of you will also recognize the other two. :lol:

journal_villainy_cred4me7n.jpg
Look who cares about some bald ass addlepate's urinal of villainy? Dumbass even missed an i in urinal.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Yeah, they did actually have a lot of little dialogs with each other, and would even attack each other eventually in certain cases.

It wasn't that different from BG2, just simpler, less serious and with no romance with the player.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Written and designed by James Ohlen, Drew Karpyshyn and Brent Knowles et al. Ohlen is the lead designer of Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2, and I am sure that most of you will also recognize the other two. :lol:
How do you feel now, people who dismiss BG3 based on Larian's writing? How do you feel now?!?!!
Nobody denies that Black Isle was a bunch of libfags from the start. Game devs have always been left-leaning.

The problem with this argument is that, even though it sounds absolutely fucking retarded, human sexuality often works precisely in this manner. Just look at all the male feminists raping women and Christian preachers sneaking out for private, drug-fueled parties with male prostitutes. That's why whenever you hear someone crusade just a little too strongly against some vice or another, you can put money on it coming from that crusader's guilty conscience.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
The problem with this argument is that, even though it sounds absolutely fucking retarded, human sexuality often works precisely in this manner. Just look at all the male feminists raping women and Christian preachers sneaking out for private, drug-fueled parties with male prostitutes. That's why whenever you hear someone crusade just a little too strongly against some vice or another, you can put money on it coming from that crusader's guilty conscience.
Or they're actually Nazis and want to gas all the degenerates.

Or they're actually Nazis and want to gas all the degenerates.
They want to gas others because they can't gas themselves.

Herumor

Scholar
From "Minsc and Boo's Journal of Villiany"

Kivan is still around and, of course,..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

kivan-homo.png

Is this real or a meme joke?
It is real. Page 48.

https://anyflip.com/zmhlb/ojsm

It is full of stupid shit.

sarevok_keks3chi.png

EDIT: Reupped the image to a different image hoster.

Hang the fuck on, Irenicus and Bodhi are still kicking around? Really? Can someone please fucking stay dead and gone for good? Will we just keep getting "Somehow, Palpatine returned"?

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
From "Minsc and Boo's Journal of Villiany"

Kivan is still around and, of course,..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

kivan-homo.png

Is this real or a meme joke?
It is real. Page 48.

https://anyflip.com/zmhlb/ojsm

It is full of stupid shit.

sarevok_keks3chi.png

EDIT: Reupped the image to a different image hoster.

Hang the fuck on, Irenicus and Bodhi are still kicking around? Really? Can someone please fucking stay dead and gone for good? Will we just keep getting "Somehow, Palpatine returned"?
Yeah.
What the fuck, I thought Irenicus was ripped to pieces by those demons in Hell, while Bodhi's soul most likely went straight to the Abyss, or worse?

Herumor

Scholar
What the fuck, I thought Irenicus was ripped to pieces by those demons in Hell, while Bodhi's soul most likely went straight to the Abyss, or worse?
It even retcons how Bodhi became a vampire.

MX5TyUe.jpg

From what I remember of BG2, she became a vampire to cope with the curse she received as punishment for what she and Irenicus did at Suldanesselar.

NecroLord Irenicus does go to hell, and Bodhi is destroyed to nothingness. If you play with David Gaider's Ascension mod, Irenicus goes to hell a second time. Bodhi can either be killed again, or resurected in the same manner as Sarevok. Sarevok can be redeemed, but if he's not, he'll turn on you in the final battle and be slain thrice again. I thought it was hilarious the first time that happened to me. The Amelyssan battle is already tough, but with Ascension you're up against The Five simultaneously. Now throw in Irenicus, Bodhi, and then have Sarevok turn against you, taking your team down one man. Absolutely epic fight.

Last edited:
It even retcons how Bodhi became a vampire.
MX5TyUe.jpg
From what I remember of BG2, she became a vampire to cope with the curse she received as punishment for what she and Irenicus did at Suldanesselar.

Correct. This is retcon. In BG2, she uses vampirism to escape her shortened lifespan after having her elven heritage magical stripped from her as punishment in assisting Irenicus drain the Tree of Life.

Gargaune

Arcane
Correct. This is retcon. In BG2, she uses vampirism to escape her shortened lifespan after having her elven heritage magical stripped from her as punishment in assisting Irenicus drain the Tree of Life.
While we're on the topic, I was never entirely sure what exactly that "elven heritage" was supposed to be in its totality, though. Was it just their long life span (basically a delayed death sentence) or their... emotions or what else? Irenicus wants the Bhaalspawn's divine essence to "restore" himself before he goes play lumberjack again, but obviously he was still quite powerful to begin with.

When talking to Ellesime, he says he was "stripped of everything that was elven", but it would be helpful if we knew just what that "elven" means. You know, other than "longsword fodder."

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
NecroLord Irenicus does go to hell, and Bodhi is destroyed to nothingness. If you play with David Gaider's Ascension mod, Irenicus goes to hell a second time. Bodhi can either be killed again, or resurected in the same manner as Sarevok. Sarevok can be redeemed, but if he's not, he'll turn on you in the final battle and be slain thrice again. I thought it was hilarious the first time that happened to me. The Amelyssan battle is already tough, but with Ascension you're up against The Five simultaneously. Now throw in Irenicus, Bodhi, and then have Sarevok turn against you, taking your time down one man. Absolutely epic fight.
Does Sarevok turn on you only if you do not redeem him? Or does he turn on you even if you make him swear an oath of loyalty to you?

Project: Eternity
The 5E lore is completely idiotic in every respect.
Fixed. 5E is an awkward attempt at fixing setting after they nuked it with spellpague in order to "streamline" it. BG lore just suffers same issues as rest of setting. Retcons to keep characters that should be dead alive, trying to make things appear like in older editions even if it no longer it makes sense, character assassinations to make them compatibile with sensibilities of 2020s californians, etc.

NecroLord Irenicus does go to hell, and Bodhi is destroyed to nothingness. If you play with David Gaider's Ascension mod, Irenicus goes to hell a second time. Bodhi can either be killed again, or resurected in the same manner as Sarevok. Sarevok can be redeemed, but if he's not, he'll turn on you in the final battle and be slain thrice again. I thought it was hilarious the first time that happened to me. The Amelyssan battle is already tough, but with Ascension you're up against The Five simultaneously. Now throw in Irenicus, Bodhi, and then have Sarevok turn against you, taking your time down one man. Absolutely epic fight.
Does Sarevok turn on you only if you do not redeem him? Or does he turn on you even if you make him swear an oath of loyalty to you?

Funny you should ask. The oath is no barrier. It's functionally a geas and Amelyssan is powerful enough to remove it. He turns on you immediately after. I have a memory that the redemption path might even be foiled if you do have him swear fealty. His redemption cannot true with it, because he's under duress. I'm not 100% sure on that though. It's been a long time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom