Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Why is nothing ever set in the Dalelands? They seem like a pretty good canvas for adventures, not too detailed in their description, rife with quest hooks.
Curse_of_the_Azure_Bonds_Coverart.png
>a kobold and a white woman
you just know...

MerchantKing

Learned
This game would have been instantly better if it were in the Greyhawk setting.

I would love to see something other than Forgotten Realms (Blackmoor, Mystara, even Eberron) but Larian is naturally fitting to FR. Without Wizards oversee it would be more brutal, sexy and crazy, but generally that its their place.
Death to Greenwood! Death to Wizards!
Hey, merchant king!
How's the turnip business?
Turnip prices are going up. This means excellent profit for turnip lords.
Wizars and Greenwood makes great profit. You should respect them. Are you real merchant?
They are bad for D&D and they are not part of my stock portfolio. Their profitability is of no benefit to me.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

I would love to see something other than Forgotten Realms (Blackmoor, Mystara, even Eberron) but Larian is naturally fitting to FR. Without Wizards oversee it would be more brutal, sexy and crazy, but generally that its their place.
Hey, merchant king!
Wizars and Greenwood makes great profit. You should respect them. Are you real merchant?
They are bad for D&D and they are not part of my stock portfolio. Their profitability is of no benefit to me.

Real merchant doesn't about anything than money. You are just another idealist hiding behind cold masque of capitalism.

MerchantKing

Learned

Hey, merchant king!

Real merchant doesn't about anything than money. You are just another idealist hiding behind cold masque of capitalism.
Nope. It's a good thing real life isn't like any of those fruity frog models. Else life would be terrible! I don't like Wizards. They ruined D&D. So I don't buy any Hasbro stocks or any official wizards products. Besides, there are way more profitable industries to put money into and gold. I'm working on building up a gold swimming pool so I can dive into it like Scrooge McDuck and roll around in it. When I first saw those disney movies, I said to my father and my rabbi that I wanted to be just like him and they said I could have a gold swimming pool that rivals even the rothschild's personal swimming pool if I invested hard enough. It's my dream. My passion.

Mortmal

Arcane
Dragonbait the paladin saurial, a type of creature from another prime material plane, introduced in the novel Azure Bonds in 1988:
isn't that the sort of thing that causes apoplexy on some people

nooo you can't be anything other than human/elf/dwarf noooo
Used to be , but now it's tame , people have all kind of therianthropes and of course roleplay them exactly the same as humans.

Delterius

Arcane
Dragonbait the paladin saurial, a type of creature from another prime material plane, introduced in the novel Azure Bonds in 1988:

Used to be , but now it's tame , people have all kind of therianthropes and of course roleplay them exactly the same as humans.
its a travesty how people assume humans are normal. we are freaks and, frankly, the elves and the dwarves should think we are insane.

elf: 'so you guys have been in a protracted people's war over a potato field for, what, 500 years now? i would have written a good poem instead'

human: 'yeah its a bit of a waste but we have children every year and without the potato field we need that jobs programme'

dwarf: 'every year? that's impossible. i couldn't re-grow my beard that quickly!'

Gargaune

Arcane

As much as I love the Finder's Stone Trilogy, the whole "and then... dinosaur people!" move was always silly and out of place. The Forgotten Realms already had lizardfolk, Dragonbait should've been one of those.

Nowadays we've got Lizardfolk, Saurials, Sarrukh and (ugh) Dragonborn. That's not even counting Kobolds, depending on edition, or gimmick variations like Yuan-Ti or Troglodytes. How many types of scalies do you people need?

Delterius

Arcane

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Hey, merchant king!

Nope. It's a good thing real life isn't like any of those fruity frog models. Else life would be terrible! I don't like Wizards. They ruined D&D. So I don't buy any Hasbro stocks or any official wizards products. Besides, there are way more profitable industries to put money into and gold. I'm working on building up a gold swimming pool so I can dive into it like Scrooge McDuck and roll around in it. When I first saw those disney movies, I said to my father and my rabbi that I wanted to be just like him and they said I could have a gold swimming pool that rivals even the rothschild's personal swimming pool if I invested hard enough. It's my dream. My passion.

With your actual resources you can build small pool filled with Golden Box games.

>a kobold and a white woman

finders1.jpg
4507190-curse-of-the-azure-bonds-commodore-64-front-cover.jpg
frc2.jpg

This novel was then the basis for the computer game Curse of the Azure Bonds and for adventure module FRC2 of the same name, both released in 1989.Clyde Caldwell

My bad. Clyde Caldwell made this glorious painting for Ravenloft, that's why I messed settings.

Ravenloft.jpg

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Yep. Ravenloft is such amazing setting. Not only Barovia. There are so many interesting Dark Lords, they are lords and prisoners at the same time. Each one of them have a curse. Sadly WotC can't make interesting stuff. Strahd was the first vampire. I wonder how disgusted he would be if he saw Astarion...

One question. There is ANY mechanical difference of Astarion and a normal human/elf/dwarf? Because I'm playing Barony and in this indie rogue like, being a vampire changes a lot the reactions from NPC's, how enemies fight the charname and the player navigate levels as vampires takes too much damage to running water and enemies who has silver arrows/bolts uses it against the charname. Does he have unique weaknesses and strengths?

La vie sexuelle

Learned
ere is ANY mechanical difference of Astarion and a normal human/elf/dwarf? Because I'm playing Barony and in this indie rogue like, being a vampire changes a lot the reactions from NPC's, how enemies fight the charname and the player navigate levels as vampires takes too much damage to running water and enemies who has silver arrows/bolts uses it against the charname. Does he have unique weaknesses and strengths?
You play with Asterion mostly like your typical half-elf rouge, especially because parasite took his fragility towards sun. But still his list life points in water. Also, he got bonuses when drank blood or debuffs, when not.

Astarion, just like rest of our colorful bunch, gets unique power from its parasite.

MerchantKing

Learned

Hey, merchant king!

With your actual resources you can build small pool filled with Golden Box games.
No! It's for the pool. Not for investing.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Hey, merchant king!

No! It's for the pool. Not for investing.
Ah, both investor and connoisseur!

jf8350143

Liturgist
They make the whole chapter 2 happens solely in the BG city, and it basically confirms the game will work like D:OS 2.

No traveling around world map and explore smaller areas, just one large map for each chapter. And it's kind dumb, because despite the map size being bigger it actually make the world feel smaller. It's 5 minutes walk from the goblin camp to the druid camp, yet the goblins can't even found it on their own.

notpl

Arbiter
They make the whole chapter 2 happens solely in the BG city, and it basically confirms the game will work like D:OS 2.

No traveling around world map and explore smaller areas, just one large map for each chapter. And it's kind dumb, because despite the map size being bigger it actually make the world feel smaller. It's 5 minutes walk from the goblin camp to the druid camp, yet the goblins can't even found it on their own.
Well, once again: three large-ish maps, not one. Unless chapters 2, 3 and 4 take you from the outer city map to the lower city to the upper city. Which would be funny.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron

Although the paladin class is normally restricted to humans, since saurials originate from a different prime material plane I suppose an argument could be made that different rules apply there. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom