Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Reinhardt

Arcane
fuck day/night cycle if it's not some proper horror thingy where real scary things stalk the night and you have to stay indoors anyway.
otherwise it's just some arbitrary dark shit to make it harder to notice loot containers.
and there is zero horror rpgs.

Gahbreeil

Learned
fuck day/night cycle if it's not some proper horror thingy where real scary things stalk the night and you have to stay indoors anyway.
otherwise it's just some arbitrary dark shit to make it harder to notice loot containers.
The night is an escape that keeps one safe within his or her home.

Mortmal

Arcane
Wait for pompi's latest production, you'll know true horror.

Harthwain

Magister
The Consuming Shadow is a really good horror game. It's not exactly an RPG - it's a roguelike, but you do pick up "stats" each time you start a new run and you can pick between different unlocked characters. Can't really think of anything else that comes closer to a horror RPG than that.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I am genuinely impressed (or should I say disgusted) how Ed Greenwood crams so much of his "Magical Realm" fetishes in the Forgotten Realms, presumably in an attempt to make the world more interesting or some shit.
the man was born in 1959 and his heart ever remained in the 60s. also he got the most powerful IP licensing contract in the galaxy. hasbro would have an easier time to 'fire' POTUS than ed greenwood.
Ah, yeah, "Free Love" and all that shit.

Goldschmidt

Learned
Ow now it makes sense: Baldur's Gate 3 is an online tabletop interactive visual novel session with Swen himself.

The rest was just promotional material. And here I was thinking this was going to be a pc game. I take everything back what I said.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I am genuinely impressed (or should I say disgusted) how Ed Greenwood crams so much of his "Magical Realm" fetishes in the Forgotten Realms, presumably in an attempt to make the world more interesting or some shit.
the man was born in 1959 and his heart ever remained in the 60s. also he got the most powerful IP licensing contract in the galaxy. hasbro would have an easier time to 'fire' POTUS than ed greenwood.
McCarthyism? Bestiality? Romance? High Adventure?

How I wish he would write a book about an American Modern Day Cowboy killing the entire government of the Soviet Union.

He's Canadian. Lady Trudeau banging with Castro maybe?

Rhobar121

Scholar
If you care about the deluxe edition bonuses, you can buy it if you don't just wait.
I don't expect the game to be unplayable on premiere, at least 1 act should work decently. After all, it's been available for a long time.

Varnaan

Augur
I'm still considering buying or not in early access.

What's the verdict on the matter?
If you're going to buy the game anyway it makes no difference.
If you would have liked to give feedback, the ship has sailed.
At this point you're just paying for early access to the first act.

notpl

Arbiter
I'm still considering buying or not in early access.

What's the verdict on the matter?
Buying a month before release, completing the available content in 2-3 days, and then having to wait another month to continue the inaugural playthrough sounds like the least satisfying possible way to play a video game. Go for it!

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Fuck the Blushing Mermaid.
Everyone knows the fun and bitches are in the Undercellar...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom