Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

La vie sexuelle

Learned
You are fussy today, @Delterius.
flattery will not avail you gallic temptress
I think he's actually a male pretending to be a woman with his feminine looking avatar.
On rpgcodex when it comes to rpg or women , what is important is to what the individual identify as.
I identify as a cute heterosexual male!

And Not-so-anonymous-waifus-scholar
You have to be joking. Absolutely no way you were the Anonymous Wife Scholar.
No! I'm cute heterosexual male, yes I'm, am I, but no, I'm not, not am I Anonymous Wife Scholar, not not!
In a rather humorous fashion, you can actually download the BG III and Larian logos by participating. Not sure why they felt the need to include that, but... :lol:

Larian made own Dragon Age: The Last Court (accidentally, also before third main game in series). They imitate Bioware even in that.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
I think he's actually a male pretending to be a woman with his feminine looking avatar.
On rpgcodex when it comes to rpg or women , what is important is to what the individual identify as.
Just because disco elysium identifies as an rpg or a man pretends to be a woman doesn't make it so.
Get with the party line you farkackte hocker

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just because disco elysium identifies as an rpg or a man pretends to be a woman doesn't make it so.
Get with the party line you farkackte hocker
Oy vey

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Larian made own Dragon Age: The Last Court (accidentally, also before third main game in series). They imitate Bioware even in that.
this entire game is like a social experiment. 'what if i made dragon age 2, except its turn based and also baldur's gate 3?', swen said as he toyed with a design pitch called 'oblivion with muskets, 2028'

More like D3, but more sexy and flashy.

MerchantKing

Learned
this entire game is like a social experiment. 'what if i made dragon age 2, except its turn based and also baldur's gate 3?', swen said as he toyed with a design pitch called 'oblivion with muskets, 2028'

What do vitamins even have to do with this game? Is it because there's no day-night cycle?

La vie sexuelle

Learned

What do vitamins even have to do with this game? Is it because there's no day-night cycle?
Speaking of which, I have no problem with lack of day-night cycle. For me BGIII reality is quite abstract, like in their Origins games. Day-night cycle suggestsuccessivenes or simultaneity of certain events. Reality in Larian games is timeless or more like "everything-is-happening-now". Unnatural, but very "gamey".

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

Speaking of which, I have no problem with lack of day-night cycle. For me BGIII reality is quite abstract, like in their Origins games. Day-night cycle suggestsuccessivenes or simultaneity of certain events. Reality in Larian games is timeless or more like "everything-is-happening-now". Unnatural, but very "gamey".
Such a weird argument.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Such a weird argument.
Weird? YOU say that? :)

Gahbreeil

Learned
Such a weird argument.
Calm down. This is the Codex. Allow me to show you the ropes. Larian CREATED Divine Divinity. It might be timeless, I don't know, I don't care. The Forgotten Realms are the lance of the American Fantasy genre and are rented to Larian. So don't anger geeks.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Such a weird argument.
Calm down. This is the Codex. Allow me to show you the ropes. Larian CREATED Divine Divinity. It might be timeless, I don't know, I don't care. The Forgotten Realms are the lance of the American Fantasy genre and are rented to Larian. So don't anger geeks.
I mean "timeless" as "there is no time", "there is no normal time movement". Or "David Lynch sense of time".

It would be interesting to see game where natural continuity is completely or nearly completely stand. I wonder how it would work?

Gahbreeil

Learned
I mean "timeless" as "there is no time", "there is no normal time movement". Or "David Lynch sense of time".

It would be interesting to see game where natural continuity is completely or nearly completely stand. I wonder how it would work?
Only Mystra or Ao would be able to stop time altogether and move into kinesis or in other words, maintain themselves as not stopped in time. That is how it would work.

Delterius

Arcane

Only Mystra or Ao would be able to stop time altogether and move into kinesis or in other words, maintain themselves as not stopped in time. That is how it would work.
there's at least 3 greenwood sex books about mystra and elminster doing that for reasons i shall not explain

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

Such a weird argument.
Geniuses are often misunderstood.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Such a weird argument.
Geniuses are often misunderstood.

That's me. What it's yours excuse?

there's at least 3 greenwood sex books about mystra and elminster doing that for reasons i shall not explain
From that forum:

I think it's because there are NO novels he has written that meet this criteria! Have a read of Spellfire and Crown of Fire and you'll see what I mean. His prose is turgid and completely lacking in originality and evocativeness. Truly, how often does he have to repeat the phrase "motes of light" before it sticks in his memory? Didn't he have Roget's thesaurus at hand when scribing his missive?

And why, may I ask, does EVERY SINGLE FEMALE in his book have to be half-naked, naked, or naked and frolicking in the out of doors? His use of sex and sex scenes is totally unnecessary to the plot. Shandril Shessair certainly shares this exhibitionistic tendency, dropping her clothes at any given moment. Of course, these nubile, oversexed, uninhibited young temptresses all fall in love with Ed's alter ego Elminster, who happens to be 900+ years old. (Read the Temptation of Elminster - a book that has NO plot - but is good for a laugh and you will see what I mean. And while you're at it - look at the artwork of Elminster on the cover and then flip to the inner back cover of the book and check it against Ed's photo. Do you see a SIMILARITY??)
rolleyes.gif

Take Silverfall for example. I was so looking forward to a book about the famed Seven Chosen Sisters of Mystra. Elaine Cunningham, Bob Salvatore and Lynn Abbey had whet my appetite with tantalizing entrees about Laeral, Alustriel, the Simbul et al. When Ed finally comes up with a novella, lo and behold! it only took till page 32 before he turns Dove Falconhand into an adolescent youth's wet dream. And he doesn't stop there - Qilue Veladorn, Sylune, Alustriel and Storm all get the same treatment. He describes Storm thus: "I see her negotiating peace while she bathes, unashamed." I actually got confused halfway through the book and wondered if it wasn't a Mills and Boon romance novel I was reading.
eek.gif

La vie sexuelle

Learned
"Pssst, kid, wanna hear the story of the young peasant squire and the ancient elven cleric?"

Best-Ed-Greenwood-Books.jpg

And this gem from Beamdog forum.

Sample:

Yet matters sexual are seldom the “big deal” in the Realms that it is in any real-world area dominated by one faith, where clerics of that faith presume to tell others “how to behave.” The polytheistic nature of the Realms is one reason for this, and another is the D&D® game itself, that with its array of sentient races, presents what some would call “bestiality” or other terms for “coupling with other races” as a fait accompli (otherwise, there would be no “half-elves” or “half-orcs”).

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
"Pssst, kid, wanna hear the story of the young peasant squire and the ancient elven cleric?"

I am genuinely impressed (or should I say disgusted) how Ed Greenwood crams so much of his "Magical Realm" fetishes in the Forgotten Realms, presumably in an attempt to make the world more interesting or some shit.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

I am genuinely impressed (or should I say disgusted) how Ed Greenwood crams so much of his "Magical Realm" fetishes in the Forgotten Realms, presumably in an attempt to make the world more interesting or some shit.
Is's just come natural from man if you think too much about something.

Delterius

Arcane
the man was born in 1959 and his heart ever remained in the 60s. also he got the most powerful IP licensing contract in the galaxy. hasbro would have an easier time to 'fire' POTUS than ed greenwood.

Gahbreeil

Learned
the man was born in 1959 and his heart ever remained in the 60s. also he got the most powerful IP licensing contract in the galaxy. hasbro would have an easier time to 'fire' POTUS than ed greenwood.
McCarthyism? Bestiality? Romance? High Adventure?

How I wish he would write a book about an American Modern Day Cowboy killing the entire government of the Soviet Union.

Delterius

Arcane
McCarthyism? Bestiality? Romance? High Adventure?

How I wish he would write a book about an American Modern Day Cowboy killing the entire government of the Soviet Union.
thats a weirder fetish than that one time elminster fucked his wife's girlfriend's sister.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom