Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Elttharion

Learned
So, uhmmm... How viable is lone wolf in this game? hahaha hahahaha hahahah

Sherry

Arcane

With D&D mechanic or not, Larian always try made another Ultima 7.

Hi.

Ultima 7 had cloud shadows. Does BG3 have them considering there is no night cycle? Hide in Shadows is going to be very difficult for characters who can hide without a night cycle and those darker corners and alleyways. It is one of the more enjoyable environmental design aspects of RPGs quite a shame they left it out.

Thanks,
Sherry

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
When you find him in the early stages of Act 1, he’ll have a few extra helpful abilities to help you in this arena – giving you the opportunity to restart your build from Level 1 with new starting proficiencies, attributes, spells, and cantrips.
based on this you can't respec your starting class / race which would lead to that companions starting class is not changeable (good)

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
HD95HoU.png

In Baldur’s Gate 3, there are 12 Hirelings available for you to recruit – one for each class. Each has their own name, visuals, and race, and can be respecced at any time.
Hope you can change look / race / starting class of these, dwarf might be missing (what a bunch of abominations)
I agree that it's weird there are just 12 to chose from and no custom option that I can see on the interface.

I guess the reasoning behind this could be explained as devs not wanting you to ignore every NPC, since doing that will cut out a bunch of content and make the game shorter. But all they do here is compensate for if you kill one of the NPCs.

I'm sure mods will fix it(tm), but I think the point of hirelings that the devs aren't acknowledging is that some of us want to create our own parties and ignore the game NPCs entirely. Maybe there will be another way around this with multiplayer hacks though.

Gargaune

Arcane
HD95HoU.png

In Baldur’s Gate 3, there are 12 Hirelings available for you to recruit – one for each class. Each has their own name, visuals, and race, and can be respecced at any time.

Oh, for fuck's sake, Swen, just let people roll their own crew! Not everyone needs a bunch of TOTALLY NOT UNFUNNY DIALOGUE™ dispensers hanging off their ballsack at all times, some people just wanna roll a party and smash some skellies, it's not fucking rocket science!

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Btw this should still work on release:
Confirmed during the livestream of last weekend that a full custom party will be supported at launch.
Oh, for fuck's sake, Swen, just let people roll their own crew! Not everyone needs a bunch of TOTALLY NOT UNFUNNY DIALOGUE™ dispensers hanging off their ballsack at all times, some people just wanna roll a party and smash some skellies, it's not fucking rocket science!
This is why ToEE and IWD are still the best RPG's.

Arbiter

Scholar

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Does anyone know if you can control the main guy with third-person controls when exploring? Looking at one trailer, it looked like they added it on consoles, but I'm wondering if this will only be for consoles or gamepad.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Does anyone know if you can control the main guy with third-person controls when exploring? Looking at one trailer, it looked like they added it on consoles, but I'm wondering if this will only be for consoles or gamepad.
You can do that.

Takamori

Learned
Im wondering given the retarded free respec, if I pick warlock multiclass interact with my patron and the respec out of it, will be as it never existed? This shit is welcoming some really retarded bugs to happen.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Im wondering given the retarded free respec, if I pick warlock multiclass interact with my patron and the respec out of it, will be as it never existed? This shit is welcoming some really retarded bugs to happen.

Oh yeah, this game is going to have a ridiculous amount of bugs.

It's almost like that's what Early Access was for, and they could've just released more of the game through its nearly three years in EA instead of treating it like some kind of charitable pre-order system.

Part of me wishes that journos, critics, streamers and all that could be trusted in 2023, but the entire industry is a thoroughly incestuous affair full of back dealings and secret payments.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I'm also curious if you receive the unique dialog options for each class when multiclassed. If it's the case, this can be balanced somewhat by having dialog options appear that are negative which force you to take a save. For instance the barbarian needs to save to contain their anger so as to not execute a goblin Wyll wants to question, it'd be cool to see more of that appear for other classes as well.

Other ways you could potentially do it:
Bard saves to resist the urge to not make an insulting quip when negotiating with a powerful foe
Warlock saves to resist the influence of their patron and avoid taking an action
Paladin fall mechanics are already inbuilt

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom