Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I would rather they add the half Yuan Ti snake people from NWN 2 expansions than the dragonborn.

Drakortha

Liturgist
They did it for the brainless masses who can't separate Dragonborn from Skyrim. Larian know you're all retarded and are just telling it to you bluntly.
Dragonborn have been a playable race in the DnD PHB since 4th edition, years before Skyrim was released, you dolt.
I already knew that. Larians target audience doesn't know it. That was my point.

Pay attention to what I say before you respond to me, you child.

Once again, comprehension skills are at an all time low for Larian fags. They spend too much time thinking about dicks.

Last edited:

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
As much as I enjoy reading this intellectual debate on the merits of bear sex, could you please remove my username from the convo so I don't get alerts every time?
retards.JPG

MerchantKing

Learned

Reinhardt

Arcane
Nerevar In the event you are unaware, Baldur's Gate 2's Paladin companion, Keldorn, has the side quest where you figure out his wife has been engaged in a sexual affair with a noble while Keldorn has been busy executing the duties of the Knights of the Radiant Heart. You, the Party Leader, due to your status and influence have the unenviable duty of persuading Keldorn to either stick with his family or stick by his honor. This Choice and Consequence is infamous and well-loved by the community.
BTW how come a paladin is married? Stupid idea.
hey! it's NOT Lacrymas setting!

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Nerevar In the event you are unaware, Baldur's Gate 2's Paladin companion, Keldorn, has the side quest where you figure out his wife has been engaged in a sexual affair with a noble while Keldorn has been busy executing the duties of the Knights of the Radiant Heart. You, the Party Leader, due to your status and influence have the unenviable duty of persuading Keldorn to either stick with his family or stick by his honor. This Choice and Consequence is infamous and well-loved by the community.
Yeah, there are no bisexual orgies in the town square in my setting.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Yeah, there are no bisexual orgies in the town square in my setting.
So only homosexual orgies? :0.5/5:

HammyTheFat

Scholar
Is it confirmed that the tadpole is no longer your dream wife?

That sounds like a terrible rewrite.

Being a braindead sex addict seems like the only plausible reason an idiot would ever give into a mind controlling brainworm.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
I personally defend the bear scene because I don't want to give infant minded retards like you the authority of dictating me (or others) what I should see or not. To me this is far more offensive than most things in the world, an indicative that the person would also praise authoritative figures into power. You're kind of like insulting my intelligence if you get what I mean. You're trying to coddle other people like they're children while from my point of view, you are of below average intelligence. I see no reason as to why you or anyone else should be the arbiter of censorship.

More importantly, the moral pearl clutching is ridiculous. Are you a vegan, or why do you care so much that a guy who turns into a bear is getting fucked in a fictional setting? What do you think about mounting a bear's head on a wall as a trophy? Let's see some of that moral consistency.

Just ignore it, its just rhetoric and culture wars grandstanding and its not going to influence or change the millions of fans from buying the game

Oh I know, I am merely anticipating the low IQ puritans and soccer moms seething upon this game's release and inevitable success, more than I anticipate the game's release.

You jerk off to fucking animals... or worse. You defend this, Seethe, because you enjoy it. You aren't a freedom fighter, fighting censorship wherever you can find it. You are a homosexual zoophiliac who is happy to finally have a proper depiction of an actual animal instead of some two legged anthromorphic homosexual in a fursuit. This is getting closer and closer to the real thing. And you are happy about it.

How do I know this? Because when they keep going down this path to normalize absolute degeneracy like this, you won't be fighting censorship the whole way. You have your limits. And your limits are your own personal seuxal preference. Zoophila. Let that sink in you sick fuck.

Well, BruceVC might actually defend everything imaginable. He is at least consistent with his degeneracy. He is a coward though so he won't admit it.

Last edited:

Varnaan

Augur
IMO Wrath's biggest issue is encounter spam, not encounter design
I can deal with a lot of combat, I don't mind and if it's good I enjoy it.
WotR goes overboard because it spams encounters designed to annoy.
It's like the entire final 30% of the game was made by the dude that designed the House at the end of time or whatever that place is called in Kingmaker, except this time blind fight won't save you.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

With D&D mechanic or not, Larian always try made another Ultima 7.

Hi.

Ultima 7 had cloud shadows. Does BG3 have them considering there is no night cycle? Hide in Shadows is going to be very difficult for characters who can hide without a night cycle and those darker corners and alleyways. It is one of the more enjoyable environmental design aspects of RPGs quite a shame they left it out.

Thanks,
Sherry
I don't know BG3, I haven't played the EA, but DOS1 and DOS2 have dynamic weather, that also affects combat.

License limitations, perhaps? Larian eliminate many of the features (high ground bonuses, more complex material-spells relation) after beginning of EA.

jungl

Augur
its funny listening to all the youtuber shill hype for bg3 like the insane amount of builds with itemization! End of the day its 5E lol nobody is going to be that op.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh boy, the bear sperg is back in town.
Not to bring up the bear again, but if the "bear" is technically a druid using a spell, is that really a bear/animal? I viewed it more like some fucked up furry than an actual animal. Still offputting, just not a true bear.

BruceVC

Magister
Oh boy, the bear sperg is back in town.
Not to bring up the bear again, but if the "bear" is technically a druid using a spell, is that really a bear/animal? I viewed it more like some fucked up furry than an actual animal. Still offputting, just not a true bear.
Good point and since a Vampire is undead can you even classify the bear scene as a an example of bestialty ? Its necrophilia ....or what do you call necrophila combined with bestiality?

I think we need to update our framing of this Romance?

MerchantKing

Learned

With D&D mechanic or not, Larian always try made another Ultima 7.

Hi.

Ultima 7 had cloud shadows. Does BG3 have them considering there is no night cycle? Hide in Shadows is going to be very difficult for characters who can hide without a night cycle and those darker corners and alleyways. It is one of the more enjoyable environmental design aspects of RPGs quite a shame they left it out.

Thanks,
Sherry
I don't know BG3, I haven't played the EA, but DOS1 and DOS2 have dynamic weather, that also affects combat.

License limitations, perhaps? Larian eliminate many of the features (high ground bonuses, more complex material-spells relation) after beginning of EA.
I thought it was an official wotc product

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom