Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

LMAO

l4fo3dD5ni5J.jpeg
??
What the hell is this?
That's my avatar cropped on the side of the picture and I'm pretty sure that's a post I never wrote.

Ahhhh so you did that post on purpose! Naughty Naughty boy : D
I do post on that forum. I had an account there (and on the previous one) for years.
That doesn't mean I align with the Oppression Olympics many of its members seem so fond of.

What I'm curios at this point is if Elttharion just made-up the whole screenshot from top o bottom or if he's just attaching my avatar over someone else's post.

MerchantKing

Learned
Average paladin experience:
View attachment 38689
RIP Keldorn.

BG2 had way too much cuckoldry in it. Haer'dalis can cuck the player with Aerie. Jaheira cucks her husband. Keldorn gets cucked and his 'good' ending is to forgive his wife for cucking him.

I'm sure there are more too.
Keldorn's diapers were probably too stinky and his wife couldn't handle it so she galavanted off with a man who isn't incontinent and uses a good amount of Turnip shampoo and soap so that he doesn't smell like full diapers and baby powder all day. I would do the same if I were a woman married to Keldorn. Maybe he wouldn't have had any marital problems if he changed his diapers more regularly. But he is getting a bit senile of late so it was inevitable.

Elttharion

Learned
I do post on that forum. I had an account there (and on the previous one) for years.
That doesn't mean I align with the Oppression Olympics many of its members seem so fond of.

What I'm curios at this point is if Elttharion just made-up the whole screenshot from top o bottom or if he's just attaching my avatar over someone else's post.
Its not mine. A random posted this link on discord. Maybe someone is using your name to create a fake post to troll resetera? By had an account you mean you still do right? Since someone is posting with your name there. Nevermind, just read you say you still post there.

MerchantKing

Learned
As for the holocaust, you don't need a citation. It's common knowledge at this point thanks to the Nuremberg trials. You can ask any school teacher about it.
Allow me to rehash some copypasta I keep for moments of ignorance like these:

From the London Charter of the International Military Tribunal, the so-called Nuremberg Charter:

Article 19

The Tribunal shall not be bound by technical rules of evidence. It shall adopt and apply to the greatest possible extent expeditious and non-technical procedure, and shall admit any evidence which it deems to have probative value.

The Tribunal shall not be bound by technical rules of evidence. And the second vital part, damning in concert with the first, ‘shall admit any evidence which it deems to have probative value’.

This throws the entire basis for a fair trial right out of the window.

Without the ‘technical’ rules of evidence dismissed here, confessions extracted under torture are admissible evidence. Hearsay is admissible. Unlawfully obtained evidence is admissible. Potentially forged documents are admissible. Evidence failing to meet the legal burden of proof is admissible. Evidence irrelevant to the matter at hand or initiating risk of substantial prejudice is admissible. Evidence requiring authentication and lacking said authentication is admissible.

All of those constitute non-admissible evidence pretty much worldwide.

If the standards of evidence applied is basically ‘anything goes’, you’re doomed to get all kinds of contradictory stuff. How are you going to decide which are the more relevant, more accurate evidence, which of them are going to be admissible?

The last sentence: “[The Tribunal] shall admit any evidence it deems to have probative value.

So, basically, the evidence standards go along the lines of ‘anything goes, and we decide precisely what is evidence and what is not’.

Or, to sum it up, the primary principles of the Tribunal itself gives it complete authority to reject out of hand ironclad evidence, if it wishes to, or accept as admissible the most sketchy, far-fetched, excuse of evidence that could possibly exist, and show no reason other than ‘it was deemed to not have/have probative value’. I’m not saying that is what was done throughout the trials at every opportunity, but the Tribunal was given full authority to do it.

What we have is a court with the direct authority to cherry-pick evidence to produce pretty much any result they want. In other words, a show trial, fit only for elementary school teachers to brainwash their charges before they know any better.
Sounds like just another antisemetic rant. Besides it's been proven. You can even go see the death camps yourself with the gas chambers and ovens.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

So someone used your nick and your image.

Its not mine. A random posted this link on discord. Maybe someone is using your name to create a fake post to troll resetera? By had an account you mean you still do right? Since someone is posting with your name there.
My account is active. I was still posting from time to time and I went back to be more active just recently (specifically to post about BG3, incidentally).

I'm telling you that this post doesn't exist in my post history. I just checked after seeing the screenshot, to be sure if I wasn't "hacked" or some shit.

Someone is just bullshitting you guys.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Its not mine. A random posted this link on discord. Maybe someone is using your name to create a fake post to troll resetera? By had an account you mean you still do right? Since someone is posting with your name there.
My account is active. I was still posting from time to time and I went back to be more active just recently (specifically to post about BG3, incidentally).

I'm telling you that this post doesn't exist in my post history. I just checked after seeing the screenshot, to be sure if I wasn't "hacked" or some shit.

Some jokster probably

Takamori

Learned
To be honest if someone type that shit in resetera and keeps browsing Codex I have no fucking idea what would be the end game.

Elttharion

Learned

I tried to find the post but two pages in their thread and I already want to kill myself

Elttharion

Learned
I tried to find the post but two pages in their thread and I already want to kill myself
No idea of what "their thread" you are even talking about, but you won't find the post because I never wrote it.
Its the one with 96 pages. I believe you, I wanted to find the post to see if it was just your avatar and name that were edited or if the whole post is fake. Just for curiosity sake.

Drakortha

Liturgist
They make it sound based.

Even if it was, BG3 would still only be mediocre at best.

It's time for the Larian fags to be honest with themselves and accept that this game will never meet the expectations that come with using the Baldur's Gate name. Larian have failed at this, nobody else. You can't blame WoTc, DnD, or even the players this time. A lot of players were ready for a true return to form for this series, they have been ready for almost 2 decades. But Larian decided to follow current trends and whore out BG3 instead.

GOTY (GARBAGE of the year)

Zeriel

Arcane
I'm replaying the bg-series in prep for 3, and one thing that's funny about doing that while reading this thread on the side is how lulzily memeish the majority of bg1's writing is. it changes a lot in 2, but a lot of 1's actual writing besides the main plot is everything from fastest dart thrower in the west to siding with druids on the promise of aloe vera balm rewards

I find these things overblown. All people talk about is that "Shove Elminster up your ass!" line with some random NPC you run into, but these rare jokes exist within a framework of an otherwise serious setting and story. BG1 is pretty dismal in tone overall, I'd say, while BG2 is a lot more sunny in outlook despite the themes at play.

I feel like I've made this post a dozen times over the years, but it's because it's always been a dishonest argument to pretend these occasional moments of levity are the norm, and game writers DO use these examples to pretend like it's fine for later games to have EVERY dialogue be non-serious. Not to mention the way these things are written have changed dramatically over the years. The most absurd dialogue in BG1 is written in a in-universe tone, while the most absurd dialogue in Andromeda or BG3 reads like it was copied straight from Twitter.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Sounds like just another antisemetic rant. Besides it's been proven. You can even go see the death camps yourself with the gas chambers and ovens.
I think this is a great way to approach the issue.

Do you not believe in the Nazis had a dog that was trained to rip people's genitals out, or that there was a Nazi who would tear Jewish children in half?

Shameful.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'm replaying the bg-series in prep for 3, and one thing that's funny about doing that while reading this thread on the side is how lulzily memeish the majority of bg1's writing is. it changes a lot in 2, but a lot of 1's actual writing besides the main plot is everything from fastest dart thrower in the west to siding with druids on the promise of aloe vera balm rewards

these rare jokes

nigga i just played it this week. calling it rare is like saying it seldom rains in the kingdom of britain. like 30% of the total game text is infused with this

now i don’t really mind it. it has that certain 90s charm. and it “hits” more often than did dos1. but it is what it is

absurd dialogue in BG1 is written in a in-universe tone
:hahano:

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
nigga i just played it this week. calling it rare is like saying it seldom rains in the kingdom of britain. like 30% of the total game text is infused with this
My favorite is probably asking that spider woman why she's so fat.

I’m personally partial to all the NPC’s taking the piss on the MC. “There’s a sucker born every minute, and you’re right on time.”

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom