Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Grunker: thinking about playing bard for the first time in an rpg :love:

Grunker: remembers larian's shit reaction system :despair:

Grunker: reads they fixed reactions :love:

Grunker: realizes that despite reactions being fixed, cutting words is still not a reaction :despair:

hoo wee, these last 10 minutes was a rollercoaster boys

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
at least motherfucking imp bros had my back

IaichNZ.png

Are Codexers still going on about the bear? I've gone through more than twenty pages of it already and I can't be bothered to read another twenty pages of wannabe Ted Haggards kvetching about their psychosexual hangups. Holy shit, you guys need a better outlet for your unresolved sexual tension. That's the kind of thing General Discussion is for, not the Baldur's Gate 3 thread.
Well you arrived in the calm before the storm before the Bear fuckers arrive again and start screeching about it and the end of western civilization.
We've already known Larian and WotC are woke and decline for years now, there doesn't need to be so much energy devoted to calling it out.

Kiste

Augur
With their fucking current iteration of Twinned Spell? :deadtroll:
Ah, I'm not aware - what's different with that?
Sorcs have a metamagic feat that allows them to cast two spells per long rest or something. The idea is to haste two strong melee fighters in the first round and then have them run around and just fucking delete everything. Since haste works in a retarded way in BG3 (additional action instead of one additional attack), the classes that get an additonal attack on level 5 will be able to attack 4x in one round.

Alternatively, you can have the Sorc bomb 2 fireballs into enemy groups in the first round but that is somewhat more situational, since the usefulness of fireball depends on enemy positioning.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
With their fucking current iteration of Twinned Spell? :deadtroll:
Ah, I'm not aware - what's different with that?
Sorcs have a metamagic feat that allows them to cast two spells per long rest or something. The idea is to haste two strong melee fighters in the first round and then have them run around and just fucking delete everything. Since haste works in a retarded way (additional action instead of one additional attack), the classes that get an additonal attack on level 5 will be able to attack 4x in one round.

Alternatively, you can have the Sorc bomb 2 fireballs into enemy groups in the first round but that is somewhat more situational, since the usefulness of fireball depends on enemy positioning.

Twinned haste is just about the most busted thing you can do in Solasta, with a buffed haste that shit's gonna get whack

Reading the forums in Larian is like taking crazy pills.
It's infuriating, for the most part.
There are a handful of sane users with at least some knowledge OR understanding of the system who give decent feedback and good advices on how to fix things in the simplest way...
And then there's a deluge of morons.
- People who spent 3 years crying over RTWP (get fucking over it)
- People who will always advocate for have the least amount of friction as possible and want the game to basically play by itself
- People who don't even hold any particular opinion about anything beside "I will always be passive-aggressive toward anyone criticizing Larian's choices".

A perfect example is the reaction/interrupt system. It was a massive omission, its addition improved the battle system by a landslide, basically no one today would argue that its addition was a bad thing... And still at the time you had people being openly hostile to the topic being discussed. Some of which even used to swear they would HATE reactions to be included.

STILL not as bad as the subreddit, anyway.

BruceVC

Magister
This is Larian's fault. They did this.
Something occurred to me and I would like to ask you a genuine question and I would appreciate if you responded honestly

What is your main concern with the bear sex scene? I assume you dont believe it means that somehow this will influence gamers in RL to participate in Bestiality because Im sure we all agree with the argument that violence in video games doesn't cause violence in RL and that logical point translates to other components in games like Romance

So what is your concern with this type of sex scene?

Takamori

Learned
Reading the forums in Larian is like taking crazy pills.
It's infuriating, for the most part.
There are a handful of sane users with at least some knowledge OR understanding of the system who give decent feedback and good advices on how to fix things in the simplest way...
And then there's a deluge of morons.
- People who spent 3 years crying over RTWP (get fucking over it)
- People who will always advocate for have the least amount of friction as possible and want the game to basically play by itself
- People who don't even hold any particular opinion about anything beside "I will always be passive-aggressive toward anyone criticizing Larian's choices".

A perfect example is the reaction/interrupt system. It was a massive omission, its addition improved the battle system by a landslide, basically no one today would argue that its addition was a bad thing... And still at the time you had people being openly hostile to the topic being discussed. Some of which even used to swear they would HATE reactions to be included.

STILL not as bad as the subreddit, anyway.
Reddit I already presume its a piece of shit, I bet I could get a better discussion in 4chan.

I think the worse actors are the "Dont Gatekeep the game, let then make this piece of shit play by itself :)" and the do it for free PR, man at least get paid to suck cocks.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Something occurred to me and I would like to ask you a genuine question and I would appreciate if you responded honestly

What is your main concern with the bear sex scene? I assume you dont believe it means that somehow this will influence gamers in RL to participate in Bestiality because Im sure we all agree with the argument that violence in video games doesn't cause violence in RL and that logical point translates to other components in games like Romance

I don't care about the bear.

But it's one of the many examples of Larian not having their finger on the pulse of what Baldur's Gate fans want to see. They are desperate for attention and so they pander and put this kind of shit at the forefront of their marketing. Hence why after they showed the scene on stream, they boasted that it got banned on Tiktok or something. They wanted to do this, and they dragged Baldur's Gate into the dirt and smiled while they did it.

Because they failed to put gameplay or a story up on the screen that engages people on a high enough level, because it's just DOS all over again with some cutscenes we've already seen in AAA games for over 10 years. That's why I keep saying Larian cannot and will not innovate, it would be too much work for them. Crunch is bad, which is why day/night cycles that were originally planned for DOS1 wasn't in the cards for BG3. 3 full games later, a bigger budget and larger studio, and they CHOSE not to do it. They chose this cutscene cinematic bullshit. Fucking garbage game.

Last edited:

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
But it's one of the many examples of Larian not having their finger on the pulse of what Baldur's Gate fans want to see. They are desperate for attention and so they pander and put this kind of shit at the forefront of their marketing. Hence why after they showed the scene on stream, they boasted that it got banned on Tiktok or something. They wanted to do this, and they dragged Baldur's Gate into the dirt and smiled while they did it.
Yeah, we wouldn't want the game franchise where you can hire prostitutes or have a Drow masseur jerk you off in front of your whole party dragged into the dirt, now would we? :M

Kiste

Augur
Because they failed to put gameplay or a story up on the screen that engages people on a high enough level, because it's just DOS all over again with some cutscenes we've already seen in AAA games for over 10 years. That's why I keep saying Larian cannot and will not innovate, it would be too much work for them. Crunch is bad, which is why day/night cycles that were originally planned for DOS1 wasn't in the cards for BG3. 3 full games later, a bigger budget and larger studio, and they CHOSE not to. They chose this cutscene cinematic bullshit. Fucking garbage game.

Jesus buttfucking Christ on a dildo, are you still droning on about the missing "innovation" of a day/night cycle?

BruceVC

Magister

I don't care about the bear.

Because they failed to put gameplay or a story up on the screen that engages people on a high enough level, because it's just DOS all over again with some cutscenes we've already seen in AAA games for over 10 years. That's why I keep saying Larian cannot and will not innovate, it would be too much work for them. Crunch is bad, which is why day/night cycles that were originally planned for DOS1 wasn't in the cards for BG3. 3 full games later, a bigger budget and larger studio, and they CHOSE not to. They chose this cutscene cinematic bullshit. Fucking garbage game.
Thanks for responding and Im glad I asked because I didnt think you were going to say " this is going to encourage this type of degeneracy in RL "

I understand what you objecting to, its subjective but thats normal with this type of debate

Drakortha

Liturgist
Man I hope Drakortha's mum never sanctions his screen time, this thread'd be dead without him
Don't worry about it, once BG3 finally releases I'll be gone and so will many others. They were only in here to gawk and laugh at the entire situation. The ship will have sailed and it will never turn back around. You can thank Larian and it's supporters for everything.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Man I hope Drakortha's mum never sanctions his screen time, this thread'd be dead without him
Don't worry about it, once BG3 finally releases I'll be gone and so will many others who are only in here to gawk and laugh at the entire situation. The ship will have sailed and it will never turn back around. You can thank Larian and it's supporters for everything.

i too wish cancer and death on strangers when when i’m in a carefree gawk n’ laugh mood

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yeah, so worth maintaining his body and fighting for considering chasing down Irenicus is even more perilous and unlikely, no :M

And that’s if we accept your out-of-game reference as opposed to the facts of what you pay in game.

But don’t sweat it bro, it’s not like it matters
In a Gunker game, Jaheira would've been a madwoman hauling around the body of her dead husband across the continent.

Just like boo, when you try to click on the body in the inventory menu you get a scripted voice-line of Jaheira scowling: "Stay off him, I can fix him!"

Denial:
I don't care about the bear. I don't give a fuck about what you're saying. BG3 is lazy millenial/zoomer pandering gutter trash. BG2 was a classic. Stop being a cunt.

Anger:
I'm PISSED OFF every day that I'm in here because I'm surrounded by LARIAN FAGGOTS!

Bargaining:
Don't worry about it, once BG3 finally releases I'll be gone and so will many others, they were only in here to gawk and laugh at the entire situation. The ship will have sailed and it will never turn back around.

Depression:
I'm not talking about me. I'm not here to gawk and laugh. None of this has been funny to me.

Acceptance:
You can thank Larian and it's supporters for everything.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Denial:
I don't care about the bear. I don't give a fuck about what you're saying. BG3 is lazy millenial/zoomer pandering gutter trash. BG2 was a classic. Stop being a cunt.

Anger:
I'm PISSED OFF every day that I'm in here because I'm surrounded by LARIAN FAGGOTS!

Bargaining:
Don't worry about it, once BG3 finally releases I'll be gone and so will many others, they were only in here to gawk and laugh at the entire situation. The ship will have sailed and it will never turn back around.

Depression:
I'm not talking about me. I'm not here to gawk and laugh. None of this has been funny to me.

Acceptance:
You can thank Larian and it's supporters for everything.
It's nearly over. And when it is, everyone will know that I was right.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom