Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Yeah, we wouldn't want the game franchise where you can hire prostitutes or have a male Drow masseuse jerk you off in front of your whole party dragged into the dirt, now would we? :M
I don't give a fuck about what you're saying.

BG3 is lazy millenial/zoomer pandering gutter trash.

BG2 was a classic. Stop being a cunt.
Very strong "defending a game i haven't played, so i get hardcore street cred among the nerds" vibes.

Drakortha

Liturgist
I don't give a fuck about what you're saying.

BG3 is lazy millenial/zoomer pandering gutter trash.

BG2 was a classic. Stop being a cunt.
Very strong "defending a game i haven't played, so i get hardcore street cred among the nerds" vibes.
I grew up playing BG2. I first got that game when I was 11 years old, it was spread out on like 5 disks. One of the very first RPG's I ever played, along with Fallout 1&2 and Zelda on N64.

New Zelda is trash. New Fallout trash. Now Baldur's Gate is TRASH. How good is that?

Drakortha

Liturgist
OLD GOOD NEW BAD
I could've guessed that without you typing it out. There's a couple of dozen other "not like other girls" posters on this forum that picked the same character background as you.
New certainly is bad when they simply ride on the name, but don't do anything that made the old games great in the first place. The least they could do is innovate, but they don't. They just modernize them to match the current trend of RPG's.

New Zelda gets stupid fucking survival gameplay and open world with Ubisoft towers. Fallout get's minecraft and microtransactions up the arse and becomes a live service. Baldur's Gate becomes movie game GARBAGE.

Gradenmayer

Learned
We hating on Tactician as well now? I'm all for bitching it up, Codex-style, but doing difficulty by swapping out monster ammunition, placement etc. seems like pure incline
It improves AI’s target priorities as well. Weirdest thing that complain about when most games just bloat hp and damage numbers.

Drakortha

Liturgist
All things considered I don't care about Dragons Dogma. I played it on Xbox 360 back when and it was boring as shit. I don't know why anyone is excited about the sequel when it looks like the same damn thing. Like cool, you can climb the monsters in an open world with annoying NPC companions that don't stop repeating the same lines over and over again. Some people are just easily amused.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
DD was pretty good just needed a bit of polish. Loads of empty spaces and nothing to do. Game really opens up when you set up your teleportation crystals.

Funnily enough it has better romance options and writing than BG3.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Me when I don't care about something
2019-10-29_14h00_20.png

Varnaan

Augur
All things considered I don't care about Dragons Dogma. I played it on Xbox 360 back when and it was boring as shit. I don't know why anyone is excited about the sequel when it looks like the same damn thing. Like cool, you can climb the monsters in an open world with annoying NPC companions that don't stop repeating the same lines over and over again. Some people are just easily amused.
Why don't you try posting in the threads that are about the games you like, if there even is such a thing, rather than threads about games you don't care about/hate ?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Men, I really hate RPGs. I'll hang out on an RPG forum and describe in details why do I hate every mainstream RPG that I've finished (btw didn't check less known titles because lol rotfl xd who would play something that's isn't known by millions)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom