Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Hey hey maybe Larinan's success will make Bioware actually put effort with the new DA
I wouldn't be surprised if Bioware regards Larian with anything but disdain since, gameplay-wise, they've gone directly against everything Bioware has been preaching for over a decade.
With similar cases in other studios I know that unwritten rules existed to never mention game 'X' or company 'Y' in the halls.

And I kinda hope it's like that. I hope all those deprecate fuckers at Bioware are boiling their brains due to sheer rage.

Last edited:

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
hqdefault.jpg
wtf is lukaszek doing here, is he the next romancable character ?

Late Bloomer

Scholar
I was pleasantly surprised today, going through the first few pages of new comments. Mostly game talk, some quips and jokes. Then it started happening again... These people can't be helped, they can't be stopped. Even as I type this, that limp dicked Kiste is posting more. Let it be known, these posters will not let the sex with animals topic leave the conversation. It's not about the game with these people, it's about fucking animals.

edgy gamer started it up again with comparing (and linking which I won't include) sex with DAI's Iron Bull and sex with a bear from BG3. He has imagined that the Iron Bull would make him walk less straight (pun?) than the bear from BG3. Comparing which games ass fucking would cause someone to walk the least straight are the topics on his mind.
You think bear sex is so terrible? You won't walk straight after the Bull.

Saravan could not stand the idea of two people (in the face of hundreds) agreeing that this game is shit. So what does he think? That if two people agree they must be engaging in homosexual behaviour. Really tells you where his mind is at. Does that apply to people that agree wiith him? Using his own logic, if you agree with Saravan, prepare to get your dick sucked.
The way you two are sucking each others dicks should also be bannable due to extreme homosexuality.

Nerevar would prefer to have sex with a bear than the brown pirate from DA2. It's the codex, who isn't racist?... but damn dude. A bear before a brown girl with decent titties?
Pretty sure even the bear from BG3 is a better choice than Isabela. The bear is probably cleaner too.

Futa is a girl with a dick (as if you guys didn't know this. Or are you guys only zoophiliacs and disgusted by futa... hypocrits each one of you) As with all futa enjoyers, they simply are scared to admit they are gay. Kind of sad really.
Can you play as a tiefling futa on this? Just asking, for a friend

MasPingon was so excited that he linked to a twitter video of the bear sex scene (not going to show it). He thought that on 800 plus pages of this thread that he was the first to discover it. Will you guys please welcome your fellow zoophiliac with open arms?
Gay sex with a bear has been added, this is Codex GOTY material.

TheHeroOfTime is back at it again. Letting everyone know about his bestiality skyrim modlist. You know loverslab has really hot human female companion mods too? Oh who am I kidding, that's not what you are into.
Skyrim with mods did it first (And better)

Kiste (the noodle dick avatar guy) decided to strike up a conversation with a local merchant about getting animal sex normalized. The conversation as follows.
And so we are one step closer to establishing bear sodomy as a cultural norm, just as Jahweh intended.
The merchant is letting everyone know that it was the Euros to blame.
Cool it with the Blasphemous remarks. Bestiality is forbidden by G-d. Rather it's this European pagan revival which is the source of this nonsense.
Kiste is have a "woke" moment.
What? Are you implying The Jews aren't behind it all? Has the Codex been lying to me all these years?
Merchant claims his people stopped the whites from their demonic desires.
Yes. You have been lied to. Jews are not behind this. In fact, we're the reason why you stopped performing acts of bestiality as it's forbidden in our Torah.
Kiste is once again thinking of that scene. He loves it.
So everyone who is against the bear sex scene in BG3 is actually following Jewish law.

Good to know.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey hey maybe Larinan's success will make Bioware actually put effort with the new DA
I wouldn't be surprised if Bioware regards Larian with anything but disdain since, gameplay-wise, they've gone directly against everything Bioware has been preaching for over a decade.
With similar cases in other studio's I know that unwritten rules existed to not mention game 'X' or company 'Y' in the halls.

And I kinda hope it's like that. I hope all those deprecate fuckers at Bioware are boiling their brains due to sheer rage.
As I posted in the Dragon Age Inquisition thread, you look at BG3 and you see what Neverwinter Nights could have evolved into if BioWare had continued iterating on that concept. But they had no confidence in it and decided to pivot to making cinematic console action-RPGs instead. Swen more or less picked up where they left off a decade later (starting with the first D:OS game) and now we've finally come full circle.

I don't expect much from modern BioWare, but I wonder if Trent Oster over at Beamdog understands this. NWN was his project.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
[Dragon Age: Inquisition] is a grindy chore
It's basically a single player MMO, yes.

And the writing is pretty bad too. You think bear sex is so terrible? You won't walk straight after the Bull.

Maybe i’ve just reached the bargaining stage when it comes to bg3: be as “good” as Da:Inquisition, that's how low i am setting the bar now.
Small mercies there isn't a fully motion captured sex scene depicting this "riding" complete with iron bull making a cheeky coy face.

dsndo

Educated
Well well well gaybois, BG3 is currently the best selling game on steam

And so we are one step closer to establishing bear sodomy as a cultural norm, just as Jahweh intended.
Only 250 posts in 10 years and half of them featuring barely concealed excitement for zoophilia. Your picture is an anal parasite. Surely you would feel more at home at any of the other dozens of message boards and forums where your fellow degenerates reside. Why pollute this grognard sanctuary with your Judaism?

mondblut

Arcane
I predicted it would gonna be full on "go for teh eyes buuuu" meme idiocy from day one, but apparently retard and his hamster are no longer memetic enough unless he shoves said hamster up his arse.
Reminder that it was implied that he did this at the start of BG2.

That was supposed to be a joke, not canon! :roll:

Dunno, I don't like my FR turning into South Park, bears or not.

Zeriel

Arcane
Let's say you're in Larian's marketing department. Either a contractor or you work for them directly. How would you advertise the game to the RPGcodex community?

Keep in mind you want to stay employed, so your first instinct of making an account and posting a video of killing Halsin while chanting, "Come home, white man" may not fly.

I don't think they care about us at all. There's a reason Swen stopped posting here. It's a classic small indie developer arc though. Lean on grognards for money and word of mouth when you are poor, to the extent of getting Kickstartered, then run away and embrace the mainstream when you have a larger audience.

I mean, who would want to associate with the Codex as a semi public person either?

Didn't seem to cause big problems for VD. It's just an issue if you are in the gay PR world of corporations. "Oh no you are five steps removed from LE BAD WRONG PEEPUL! CAST THEM OUT!"

Fucking losers.

Darth Valer

Literate
I'm really curious about what they've done with the Assassin subclass, I really hope It won't stay a 3 level dip for multiclassing. Is there any news about potential leaks of the new stuff of 1.0 or do we have to wait until August 3rd?

Rhobar121

Scholar
This subclass is unlikely to be very faithful to pnp as most of its features will not work in the game. It seems that most people who had access to the full version only played the monk, so most likely we won't know until the premiere.

Darth Valer

Literate
This subclass is unlikely to be very faithful to pnp as most of its features will not work in the game. It seems that most people who had access to the full version only played the monk, so most likely we won't know until the premiere.
I really hope it'll have juicy stuff since I wanted to play it from day one and I'm a hipster piece of trash and ion wanna pivot into the cringe Gloomstalker / Assassin / Fighter build since It feels like netdecking. Hope it'll have big sinergy with crafting for the maximum autistic experience

Rhobar121

Scholar
I really hope it'll have juicy stuff since I wanted to play it from day one and I'm a hipster piece of trash and ion wanna pivot into the cringe Gloomstalker / Assassin / Fighter build since It feels like netdecking. Hope it'll have big sinergy with crafting for the maximum autistic experience
I think Infiltration Expertise could be replaced with Disguise Self. This spell is quite good in EA.

BruceVC

Magister
For those not familiar with the new 5e subclasses, like me , here is good summary video that explains things nicely. I typically play a Wizard but both Sorcerer and Warlock look tempting

BruceVC

Magister
I was pleasantly surprised today, going through the first few pages of new comments. Mostly game talk, some quips and jokes. Then it started happening again... These people can't be helped, they can't be stopped. Even as I type this, that limp dicked Kiste is posting more. Let it be known, these posters will not let the sex with animals topic leave the conversation. It's not about the game with these people, it's about fucking animals.

edgy gamer started it up again with comparing (and linking which I won't include) sex with DAI's Iron Bull and sex with a bear from BG3. He has imagined that the Iron Bull would make him walk less straight (pun?) than the bear from BG3. Comparing which games ass fucking would cause someone to walk the least straight are the topics on his mind.
You think bear sex is so terrible? You won't walk straight after the Bull.

Saravan could not stand the idea of two people (in the face of hundreds) agreeing that this game is shit. So what does he think? That if two people agree they must be engaging in homosexual behaviour. Really tells you where his mind is at. Does that apply to people that agree wiith him? Using his own logic, if you agree with Saravan, prepare to get your dick sucked.
The way you two are sucking each others dicks should also be bannable due to extreme homosexuality.

Nerevar would prefer to have sex with a bear than the brown pirate from DA2. It's the codex, who isn't racist?... but damn dude. A bear before a brown girl with decent titties?
Pretty sure even the bear from BG3 is a better choice than Isabela. The bear is probably cleaner too.

Futa is a girl with a dick (as if you guys didn't know this. Or are you guys only zoophiliacs and disgusted by futa... hypocrits each one of you) As with all futa enjoyers, they simply are scared to admit they are gay. Kind of sad really.
Can you play as a tiefling futa on this? Just asking, for a friend

MasPingon was so excited that he linked to a twitter video of the bear sex scene (not going to show it). He thought that on 800 plus pages of this thread that he was the first to discover it. Will you guys please welcome your fellow zoophiliac with open arms?
Gay sex with a bear has been added, this is Codex GOTY material.

TheHeroOfTime is back at it again. Letting everyone know about his bestiality skyrim modlist. You know loverslab has really hot human female companion mods too? Oh who am I kidding, that's not what you are into.
Skyrim with mods did it first (And better)

Kiste (the noodle dick avatar guy) decided to strike up a conversation with a local merchant about getting animal sex normalized. The conversation as follows.
The merchant is letting everyone know that it was the Euros to blame.
Cool it with the Blasphemous remarks. Bestiality is forbidden by G-d. Rather it's this European pagan revival which is the source of this nonsense.
Kiste is have a "woke" moment.
What? Are you implying The Jews aren't behind it all? Has the Codex been lying to me all these years?
Merchant claims his people stopped the whites from their demonic desires.
Yes. You have been lied to. Jews are not behind this. In fact, we're the reason why you stopped performing acts of bestiality as it's forbidden in our Torah.
Kiste is once again thinking of that scene. He loves it.
So everyone who is against the bear sex scene in BG3 is actually following Jewish law.

Good to know.
Have you considered that your constant and repetitive quoting of bear comments just irritates people and then they deliberately talk about it? Why dont you try not to talk about what other people are saying for the next 3 days? Just 3 days and then we assess other peoples comments?

frajaq

Erudite
For those not familiar with the new 5e subclasses, like me , here is good summary video that explains things nicely. I typically play a Wizard but both Sorcerer and Warlock look tempting

correct me if im wrong but isnt there a lot of house ruled stuff about subclasses that we'll only learn in the actual release of the game (so it didnt appear in Early Access)?

BruceVC

Magister

correct me if im wrong but isnt there a lot of house ruled stuff about subclasses that we'll only learn in the actual release of the game (so it didnt appear in Early Access)?

I dont know, good question

I avoided early access and I only watch videos like this which dont really contain spoilers. I want the narrative and game to be as exciting as possible

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I am struggling with how to plan a melee GOO warlock that won't be dogshit, but at the same time allow for some fluff (I love Disguise-Self and Detect Thoughts). I also don't want to spam Eldritch Blast for 30 hours of my life and would much rather chase the fleeting high of a mortal reminder crit in melee (hence, GOO warlock).
  • Hex, Armour of Agthys, and Misty Step (escape option) all seem like automatic picks; pact of the blade for obvious reasons.
  • Attribute-wise, max charisma is a must, but beyond that, I am less certain. Armour of Agthys provides hitpoints and apparently scales, and I am not sure that I would need to invest too much in constitution. Perhaps dexterity for a boost to stealth? I don't expect this character to face-tank anything, just sneak attack and misty step the fuck out if my rolls suck.
  • I don't know if it is better to get medium armor feat, or just double down on charisma boosts. Weapon master?
  • Weapons...no clue.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom