Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Reminder that before Cyberpunk was released, numerous Youtube shills got early access to the game and repeatedly stated it was the most groundbreaking open world RPG of all time.
Larian is not cdpr.
Why don't you suck Larian's dick some more?

You're right, Larian is not CDPR. The same way cat shit is not dog shit. They both look different and produce a different, distinct smell. But at the end of the day they are both SHIT!
Larian never ever was misleading with their marketing. CDPR cucked the pen and paper fan of cyberpunk promising then turned the game in a looter shooter. Not happy with that they advertized in trailers and gameplay video things that were not in the games at all. Larian marketing campaign are never dishonest. Cdpr was.

I know is cool to hate. However you should start to see the reality.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Larian never ever was misleading with their marketing. CDPR cucked the pen and paper fan of cyberpunk promising then turned the game in a looter shooter. Not happy with that they advertized in trailers and gameplay video things that were not in the games at all. Larian marketing campaign are never dishonest. Cdpr was.

I know is cool to hate. However you should start to see the reality.
And Larian cuck the true fans of Baldur's Gate while they pander and cater to Biodrones. How are they different than CDPR when they both produce garbage trash games that appeal to the lowest common denominator? You and the rest of the Larian fags on this forum need to pull your head out of your asses.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Wich is as many actually played the EA and was overall loved. Not only that but there are also dexers that played the game and liked it. Hey is ok if you don't like the game i mean everyone has personal taste. But at some point all the whining is what it is whining.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Wich is as many actually played the EA and was overall loved. Not only that but there are also dexers that played the game and liked it. Hey is ok if you don't like the game i mean everyone has personal taste. But at some point all the whining is what it is whining.
And at some point all the shilling is what it is, shilling. Top sales on steam is of no indication that BG3 is a good game yet you have these shills in here hailing it as Goty or even GotD just on that one principle alone. Clearly we've learned nothing since Skyrim, or even Cyberpunk for that matter. Justin Bieber sells a lot of albums and a lot of people like his music, guess I'm just a grumpy grognard because I won't cave in and listen to his music too. His music is SHIT

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

And at some point all the shilling is what it is, shilling. Top sales on steam is of no indication that BG3 is a good game yet you have these shills in here hailing it as Goty or even GotD just on that one principle alone. Clearly we've learned nothing since Skyrim. Justin Bieber sells a lot of albums, guess I'm just a grumpy grognard because I won't cave in and listen to his music. His music is SHIT
Yeah clearly was learned nothing. The fact skyrim has still an active community after like two decades dosn't imply that maybe that mediocre game was actually a such good mod framework that people have still fun with it. Come on. You clearly just want to hate the game is plain simple. Something rubbed you wrong and you are in a witch hunt.

I am not telling that you should like the game. But this absurd spamming happening in the threat is indicative of a certain obsession. Hell when cyberpunk was released i was so upset about it i wrote a couple of posts in the official thread but that's it. Life goes on.

People buy stuff for a reason you may like this or not. Look at Forespoken the absurd flop that it was. Now that is truly a terrible game. And Sword coast legends? Promising a 5th edition built D&D game to then deliver a poorly made Dragon age origins? It also flopped.

If stuff is total rubbish people won't buy it. This is why cdpr did it dirty. They knew the game was bugged beyond redemption, they knew it was rushed they knew lacked features. But instead to delay and do things properly they resume to craft a marketing campaign spreading lies about features of the game.

Larian is pandering to biodrones?
Oh nooo they are putting romances in RPGS is not like EVERYONE is doing it! Please get real.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

You clearly just want to hate the game is plain simple

it should be hated

objectively its an interactive movie and dating simulator. the gameplay itself is very dumbed down and forgiving, designed to appeal the widest possible audience
I don't think is dumbed down nor forgiving. I played the EA is easy to get steamrolled by ennemies. Also the gameplay is very Dynamic. You have a lot of ways to deal with a situation. The A.I is actually pretty good.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I don't think is dumbed down nor forgiving

The ruleset (5ED) is dumbed down, and thats your basis for the game

Then the game mechanics are FURTHER dumbed down to maximize accessibility

I played the EA is easy to get steamrolled by ennemies.

thats all gonna get nerfed like always

besides you are talking about difficulty, im talking about streamlining and accessibility and dumbing down. You can give a golem 10000 hp and call it difficult

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

I don't think is dumbed down nor forgiving

The ruleset (5ED) is dumbed down, and thats your basis for the game

Then the game mechanics are FURTHER dumbed down to maximize accessibility

I played the EA is easy to get steamrolled by ennemies.

thats all gonna get nerfed like always

besides you are talking about difficulty, im talking about streamlining and accessibility and dumbing down. You can give a golem 10000 hp and call it difficult
Look i would had favoured the 3th edition but that was not going to happen. For the reason i mentioned. Wotc imposed Larian to use 5thed and create a Baldur's gate that was told already by lariam themself.

So far all the accessibility stuff that was put in like the weighted dice. Is optional.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Yeah clearly was learned nothing. The fact skyrim has still an active community after like two decades dosn't imply that maybe that mediocre game was actually a such good mod framework that people have still fun with it. Come on. You clearly just want to hate the game is plain simple. Something rubbed you wrong and you are in a witch hunt.

I am not telling that you should like the game. But this absurd spamming happening in the threat is indicative of a certain obsession. Hell when cyberpunk was released i was so upset about it i wrote a couple of posts in the official thread but that's it. Life goes on.

People buy stuff for a reason you may like this or not. Look at Forespoken the absurd flop that it was. Now that is truly a terrible game. And Sword coast legends? Promising a 5th edition built D&D game to then deliver a poorly made Dragon age origins? It also flopped.

If stuff is total rubbish people won't buy it. This is why cdpr did it dirty. They knew the game was bugged beyond redemption, they knew it was rushed they knew lacked features. But instead to delay and do things properly they resume to craft a marketing campaign spreading lies about features of the game.

Oh nooo they are putting romances in RPGS is not like EVERYONE is doing it! Please get real.
You said I was hating on BG3 because it was cool, and now you're saying it's because I'm obsessed. So which is it ?

I've been furious at Larian ever since the very first gameplay stream revealed that this was not the Baldur's Gate 3 that I've wanted for many years. Maybe you are fine with playing Original Sin with Dragon Age-Esque dialogue. Fuck that shit I want to see some innovation. This is supposed to be Baldur's Gate 3. Why isn't it blowing me away?

Instead, what we're getting is the Original Sin mechanics that already got old after the 1st game, and garbage cutscenes, writing, and dialogue we already experienced with Dragon Age 10 years ago.

Why people look at this and think it's acceptable is just beyond my understanding. They must not want better games and are quite happy with romances and degenerate shit. "That's enough innovation for me!" But in reality it's actually much worse than that. Much worse, as others have already explained.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
objectively its an interactive movie
Objectively, you're a joke.
The nonlinear quest design, branching, and reactivity is punching far above what any other developer is offering, all of this being done with a proper PNP ruleset too (inb4 AD&D 2E ONLY!11!! cringe). Stick to complaining about the bear sex, uninformed dullard.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

You said I was hating on BG3 because it was cool, and now you're saying it's because I'm obsessed. So which is it ?

I've been furious at Larian ever since the very first gameplay stream revealed that this was not the Baldur's Gate 3 that I've wanted for many years. Maybe you are fine with playing Original Sin with Dragon Age-Esque dialogue. Fuck that shit I want to see some innovation. This is supposed to be Baldur's Gate 3. Why isn't it blowing me away?

Instead, what we're getting is the Original Sin mechanics that already got old after the 1st game, and garbage cutscenes, writing, and dialogue we already experienced with Dragon Age 10 years ago.

Why people look at this and think it's acceptable is just beyond my understanding. They must not want better games and are quite happy with romances and degenerate shit. "That's enough innovation for me!" But in reality it's actually much worse than that. Much worse, as others have already explained.
You are hating because is cool to hate.

"Instead, what we're getting is the Original Sin mechanics that already got old after the 1st game, and garbage cutscenes, writing, and dialogue we already experienced with Dragon Age 10 years ago."

No... Clearly no. The game dosn't play at all like DOS. You are doing fanfiction over here. And the cinematics are not bad. Inquisition and latest bioware games cinematics were far worse.

Darth Valer

Literate
As what could be called a Larian fag (I hated DOS 2 but am incredibly hyped by BG 3) I concur that most design decisions are extremely disappointing. But the framework for an eccellent game is there and I trust in mods to bring the best the game can offer.

My first run in the EA was one of the most immersive cRPG experiences I've had, probably comparable only with Fallout 1.

You use a custom charachter to which you can attach whatever headcanon background you want and act it out in a responsive and believable environment. You can kill whoever you want and still proceed while seeing the consequences. You can freely split your party all over the map of the act and live multiple separate experiences. For example if I wanted to role a racist and evil Drow who couldn't bear entering the Grove, I could have him explore ruins and dungeons while having the rest of the party seek help from the druids.

No other RPG I've played gives you this flexibility with such a blatant support from the game systems.

You can position everyone the way you want before a difficult encounter and positioning DOES count. Many mechanics have been polished since the beginning of the EA (there were actual crimes against humanity in the first few patches).

The writing in the EA is serviceable, but the superb non-linearity of it makes it enjoyable nonetheless. Shills that have tested Act 2 say the writing gets better and better reaching incredible heights later on, and I believe them out of confirmation bias

I'm the first to admit the name of this game is kind of a scam and I'm attracted to it for wholly different reasons than what I got from BG 1 and 2, but given that the industry works this way and that countless branda have been and will be butchered, I still find plenty of reasons to be hyped about this title.

Sherry

Arcane

today there is practically no difference between 4chan, reddit, codex and resetera

all are infested with furries, weaboos, trannies and gays

its really incredible

Hi.

Gosh it is a real shame that mustwad self-ejaculated because this is right up their alley.

Thanks,
Sherry

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom