Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

You are hating because is cool to hate.
I know this was directed at Drakortha but you can't be serious? This game has been getting universal praise, everywhere. Here as much as reddit and resetera, along with all journalist. This is the first day, here anyways, (since the degernates have quieted down) that it is closer to 50/50. It is very much not cool to hate this game.

we are lucky in this situation, no season pass, DLC, Premium content, 70 bucks price tag.
Holy shit. 70 dollar price tag for a new game is mostly new and you think everyone is lucky? Fucking hell.

We could argue that I'm almost buying a Visual Novel with multiple playthrough at this point
Very well said. Which combined with your previous quote, makes this game the most expensive visual novel in existence.
Hating because is cool in the codex. That's what i meant.

Drakortha

Liturgist
You want to see good AI in a game? Look at The Sims 2.
:nocountryforshitposters:
*Computer opponent in BG3 shoots an explosive barrel near the player that was conveniently placed nearby a flammable element* - "Whoa, great AI!"

*Game from 2004 has AI that creates little computer people with distinct personalities,with their own wishes fears, relationships, and memories, and that eat, sleep, and go to work on schedules* - "dats shit AI!"

Well done faggot.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
You clearly just want to hate the game is plain simple

it should be hated

objectively its an interactive movie and dating simulator. the gameplay itself is very dumbed down and forgiving, designed to appeal the widest possible audience
What patch in EA did you play?

It’s DND 5e for better or worse, there are environmental effects (lighting, can freeze/electrify water, etc), high ground/low ground, jump/shove/climbing, generous amount of items, a plethora of optional encounters, etc. At worse, the balance will be atrocious on normal difficulty, because someone will post a metagamey build within an hour of release.

I can understand disliking the implementation of turn based combat or the Larian’s writing, but I don’t think dumbed down is a fair characterization.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Hating because is cool in the codex. That's what i meant.

But what I am saying is that if you hated this game, in this thread that is was met with a cascade of scorn and anger. Hating on Bethesda is cool on the codex as an example, as everyone gives each other positive reactions both from the buttons and comments if you shit on anything they do.

Takamori

Learned
we are lucky in this situation, no season pass, DLC, Premium content, 70 bucks price tag.
Holy shit. 70 dollar price tag for a new game is mostly new and you think everyone is lucky? Fucking hell.

Not new anymore, it started 2022 last fiscal semester. And to make worse didn't flinch the market the change.

And makes sense in some disturbing way, given they were selling the game for 60 USD but with all the different editions and season pass the game would hop in cost to 100 USD. So they just decided to cut the BS a little and increased the entry price.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
First of the weighted dice is an option you can disable.
An option that's enabled by default, and that the game doesn't even tell you about.
Second in the early early access you had not a system to take in account about skills spells and even inspiration during a dialogue.
I'm not saying it was dumbed down compared to the EA, but compared to D&D itself. You can't bias the dice in your favor in D&D. You can do a lot with stats, give players more than one roll, etc., but unless you're cheating with weighted dice, you're not affecting the rolls themselves.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

First of the weighted dice is an option you can disable.
An option that's enabled by default, and that the game doesn't even tell you about.
Second in the early early access you had not a system to take in account about skills spells and even inspiration during a dialogue.
I'm not saying it was dumbed down compared to the EA, but compared to D&D itself. You can't bias the dice in your favor in D&D. You can do a lot with stats, give players more than one roll, etc., but unless you're cheating with weighted dice, you're not affecting the rolls themselves.
Wich again is optional.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
You want to see good AI in a game? Look at The Sims 2.
:nocountryforshitposters:
*Computer opponent in BG3 shoots an explosive barrel near the player that was conveniently placed nearby a flammable element* - "Whoa, great AI!"

*Game from 2004 has AI that creates little computer people with distinct personalities,with their own wishes fears, relationships, and memories, and that eat, sleep, and go to work on schedules* - "dats shit AI!"
So your problem with BG3 is that it's not more like The Sims 2 now? :lol:

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
It'll be weird to think about the fact there will be items that are tier 0 must have like Vhailor's Helm or Flail of Ages and you don't have to invest anything into them besides a proficiency or a perk.

My prediction is that single hand weapons will be better than two handers because they will have loads of unique strong gear and light armour/clothes will be better than heavy armour.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
I hate BG3 and have low standards though.

It is fun to playthrough an RPG that you know is gonna suck. Playing the Nu-Bioware games gave me a combination of humour and despair.

I will eat the slop but I will complain about it the whole time.

Takamori

Learned
To be fair the Sims was always considered a chicks game :lol:
*go on a date* Oh yeah I enjoy gaming!
Oh what games you enjoy?
The usual answers would be either the sims, animal crossing or stardew valley.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
obviously not because there are like 5 haters vs 500 low standard faggots
There's such a thing as low-standard hate though.

Hating the game because "it has/doesn't have X feature that I've known since 2019 it had/didn't have" is just a waste of time. You shouldn't even be in the thread, since you've known you'd hate the game for 4 years, and all the discussions about these features have been had 900x over. You're literally just here because you want something to complain about.

But if instead of or in addition to that you hate the game because of tranny pronoun crap, bad writing, bear sex, or any number of things that have been revealed over time, then I would say you aren't hating "because it's cool". You're coming here to register a complaint, and to explain to people defending these features why they're wrong.

There are too few of the later itt, and have been for years now.

Takamori

Learned
I hate BG3 and have low standards though.

It is fun to playthrough an RPG that you know is gonna suck. Playing the Nu-Bioware games gave me a combination of humour and despair.

I will eat the slop but I will complain about it the whole time.
CI9D_w_WsAAGvfR.jpg

Drakortha

Liturgist
Oh what games you enjoy?
Yeah, whatever.

My point was about AI that is actually convincing that there is an intelligence behind the NPC's in the game. I would even argue that Oblivion has better AI than BG3, since AI in BG3 is nonexistent outside of the combat. Whereas in Oblivion the NPC's went about their lives in the meantime.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
obviously not because there are like 5 haters vs 500 low standard faggots
There's such a thing as low-standard hate though.

Hating the game because "it has/doesn't have X feature that I've known since 2019 it had/didn't have" is just a waste of time. You shouldn't even be in the thread, since you've known you'd hate the game for 4 years, and all the discussions about these features have been had 900x over. You're literally just here because you want something to complain about.

But if instead of or in addition to that you hate the game because of tranny pronoun crap, bad writing, bear sex, or any number of things that have been revealed over time, then I would say you aren't hating "because it's cool". You're coming here to register a complaint, and to explain to people defending these features why they're wrong.

There are too few of the later itt, and have been for years now.

i enjoy shitting on bad RPGs

they deserve it, and its better for everyone in the end

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I think we all knew you were some kind of homosexual sped, but thanks for confirming it, retard. :lol:
Playing a family in The Sims? - Gay

Encountering flamboyant homosexuals and beastiality in BG3? - Totally Not Gay
Because there's no homoshit in The Sims? :lol:
Oh what games you enjoy?
Exactly. This nigger is running around crying about faggots when he's playing the original bitch game and wishing BG3 were more like it. :lol:

Drakortha

Liturgist
There is more homoshit everywhere these days. You must be so happy, being the faggot that you are.
He says, playing house all day and calling it the height of video games. :lol:
It was 2004. That's like 20 years ago, and it's got better AI than any game out today and it's certainly better than the non-existent AI in BG3. You can't cope hard enough.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
It was 2004. That's like 20 years ago, and it's got better AI than any game out today and it's certainly better than the non-existent AI in BG3. You can't cope hard enough.
How many RPGs have implemented The Sims' AI in their games? Why would they want to? When were you first diagnosed with autism? :lol:

Drakortha

Liturgist
How many RPGs have implemented The Sims AI in their games? :lol:
Exactly NONE! Now you're getting it, faggot.

If BG3 had the day/night cycles and NPC schedules of Oblivion, but with substantially better AI, that would be pretty fucking awesome, wouldn't it?

But you're happy with your NPC's standing around all day waiting for the player to interact with them, like an MMO. No innovation at all. They should just put the big Exclamation Points and Question Marks above the NPC's heads for good measure. It would just be more honest and at least every normie could understand how static the game world actually is.

Choices don't matter to me if I'm the only character in the whole game world making a choice.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom