Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Kiste

Augur
This is literally my current "Pre-BG3 playthrough" does this mean I am as much of an NPC as a (((games journalist)))?

Yes. I'm terribly sorry, but yes.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah but I'm playing a LG elven fighter/mage that dual wields Crom Faeyr and Belm so we're completely different.

Also my guy has a human paperdoll and a beard. Totally not gay guys. 100% straight playthrough. No funny business.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
"in my heart the Bhaalspawn is a Chaotic Good elf Fighter/Mage dual wielding the Flail of Ages and Belm." Based.

"He pursued a relationship with his coworker, the goddess of entropy-worshipping dark elf, Viconia DeVir (skeevy AD&D-style racial romance restrictions removed with a mod), and they had a happy ending together to boot (also thanks to a mod)." Based.

This is literally my current "Pre-BG3 playthrough" does this mean I am as much of an NPC as a (((games journalist)))?
>be an elf
>literally gay forest faggot
>can't decide whether to be a strong fighter or a strong mage, so pick neither
>meet whore negress murderess who tells me stories of all the jews she's sucked off
>love at first sight?
>use cheats to make her talk to me even though I'm an elven "male"
>my alignment? Chaotic Stupid
>btw, I'm a games journo
>what do you mean you knew?

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm going for Aerie or Imoen and also I just wanted to try a multiclass this time instead of another dual.

Oh shit I've been exposed as an Elf player. If I just stop posting for a few days everyone will forget about it.

Yosharian

Arcane

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
afbeelding.png

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Fucking retard devs shitting on Larian.

b...b.b.bbut they haadd MONEY, TIME and EARLY ACCESS?!?!?!

Nigga, all you triple A studios have exactly the same fucking thing, but you're too lazy and too focused on ripping ppl off for microtransactions, to actually make a good fucking product.

Take your envious ass back to the trailer park, and start cranking out good games, and shut the fuck up with this toddle-tier crying about how Larian is "AN ANAMOLY" of game making.

To quote the top comment on a youtube video about the drama...

"A triple-A game made by passionate, competent and creative people. It sure is an anomaly."

Drakortha

Liturgist
"A triple-A game made by passionate, competent and creative people. It sure is an anomaly."
I'm sorry you fell for Larian's marketing. It's the typical method of convincing you, the customer, that there is more behind the product. You see it on the back of packets of crisps for fucks sake. "We're passionate about making potato crisps, we source only the finest quality potatoes and hand fry them with our special family recipe passed down for generations" LMAO fucking retard.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I'm sorry you fell for Larian's marketing. It's the typical method of convincing you, the customer, that there is more behind the product. You see it on the back of packets of crisps for fucks sake. "We're passionate about making potato crisps, we source only the finest quality potatoes and hand fry them with our special family recipe passed down for generations" LMAO fucking retard.
Nigger, get the fuck out, okay?
I played the early access, and BG3 is shaping up to be fucking good. Honestly, they made good changes from D:OS 2, and BG3 is a vast improvement from their divinity franchise, not to mention the story.

Sit yo ass down.

BruceVC

Magister
Larian cucks are worse than Elex/PB ones.
No idea what you talking about, Im playing G2 at the moment and its an excellent example of an open-world, challenging and worthwhile RPG

It has so many features that I expect in games like no level scaling and no map hand holding when it comes to finding things so exploration is mandatory and required and this creates real risk vs reward. It has quintessential RPG mechanics and this makes PB an excellent gaming studio

Just say NO to PB hatred :cool:

Drakortha

Liturgist
I played the early access, and BG3 is shaping up to be fucking good. Honestly, they made good changes from D:OS 2, and BG3 is a vast improvement from their divinity franchise,
Enjoy whatever shit game you want. I'm just saying, stop pretending like the people behind the product are these passionate, creative people who deserve your money. They are not creating anything new, to say so would be dishonest. They are creating a product under a pre-existing, known brand name while iterating on the shit they already had in Original Sin.

You don't call Bethesda passionate and creative for making Oblivion with guns (Fallout 3). So why Larian? Serious bias on going here.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Couldn't be bothered about the bear or the gay Vampire. It's the baroque art style that's the most off-putting. Gone are the grimy locales and shady throat cuts.
It's too similar to Original Sin. They couldn't get away from the cartoon style of those games. Some tweaks to the color saturation and post-processing effects to make it look a bit darker, then calling it a day. But try telling this to the Larian fags. They are convinced the graphics are a night and day difference and no comparisons can be made at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom