Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
Couldn't be bothered about the bear or the gay Vampire. It's the baroque art style that's the most off-putting. Gone are the grimy locales and shady throat cuts.

Yeah, despite the overall high asset quality, I find this game to be exceptionally dull from a visual standpoint. It's giving Rogue Trader a run for its money in the uninspired art direction department.

Then again, default DnD is dull as dishwater by default, so points for adopting the source material faithfully, I guess?

Daedalos vs. Drakortha?

lets-go-lets-goo.gif

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
What's the combat like?
Turn-based.
What's the question, exactly? What do you want to know?
Did they abandon the armor thing from DOS2? And does it have a good selection of spells like NWN or something? Or is it more DOS like?

It’s D&D 5E. are none of the DOS mechanics except environmental surfaces and an array of combat options like pushing people off ledges etc. The underlying rules are mostly just a faithful 5E adaption

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
What's the combat like?
Turn-based.
Did they abandon the armor thing from DOS2? And does it have a good selection of spells like NWN or something? Or is it more DOS like?
Game will have 600+ spells

NEW DLC SWEN. I ASKED THE QUESTION SWEN.
No comment mister sexual.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
What's the combat like?
Turn-based.
Game will have 600+ spells

NEW DLC SWEN. I ASKED THE QUESTION SWEN.
No comment mister sexual.

Hmph! Let's its be.

What's the combat like?
Braindead zoomer shit like in DOS 2, but without the armor system and with a dash of RNG (because muh D&D). Barely an improvement IMHO.

Larian will never surpass DOS1 pre-Enhanced Edition. That game was lightning in a bottle. Everything went downhill when they started chasing the Pokemon crowd with the DOS 1 Enhanced Edition.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
What's the combat like?
Braindead zoomer shit like in DOS 2, but without the armor system and with a dash of RNG (because muh D&D). Barely an improvement IMHO.

Larian will never surpass DOS1 pre-Enhanced Edition. That game was lightning in a bottle. Everything went downhill when they started chasing the Pokemon crowd with the DOS 1 Enhanced Edition.

Sounds bland as hell.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
What's the combat like?

Shhh no need to be upset

afbeelding.png

MasPingon

Arcane
You speak about avenger tier writing. Yet people linked or mentioned Dragon age 2 and Inquisition in this thread. I don't find the writing bad only the starting is a bit too much Micheal bay for my taste. But then afterward is pretty good.
I think DA2+ is objectively worse in the writing department, yes. Doesn't change how I feel about BG3 writing - which I will say again is still half-way decent most of the time in EA, and vastly superior to other Larian games, even if they did dumb it down as time went on and added gay bear sex or whatever.
That scene is more of a joke. It also pans out and show a squirrel traumatized. Come on.
In gtav there was a fake advert of a beer. Pisswasser in wich a drunk dude have sex with a pig trapped between two haywheels.

The difference is GTA5 fake advertisment joke doesn't feel like it's for an audience who would actually want to do that in game.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Just to change the subject. Pathfinding in DOS games is infinitely superior than in BG games.
No don't change the subject. I want a response. There needs to be a lot more clarity in this thread.

Everyone who likes getting fucked in the ass, say "I", or simply raise your hand. Don't be shy. I promise I won't be mean.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom