Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Larianshill

Arbiter
Not having played, why should it break it? Goblins are supposedly evil, or is the game pushing "gray morality"/"everything is subjective"/"#notallorcs"/"~^sUbVert tHe tRoPeS^~" that hard?
He means, slaughtering the druid grove while acting on behalf of the goblins. Meanwhile, attacking goblins in the Blighted Village breaks your oath. Attacking them in the goblin camp doesn't, but attacking the scrying orb in the goblin camp does. I foresee a great number of stupid things breaking my oath in the full release.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Sometimes I think Fedora knows about RPGs as much as he reads from our posts. I doubt he plays any.
I know enough to tell when a game is woke garbage.
https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/820831-to-lift-an-autumn-hair-is-no-sign-of-great

“To lift an autumn hair is no sign of great strength; to see the sun and moon is no sign of sharp sight; to hear the noise of thunder is no sign of a quick ear.”​

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War:
To fuck a bear is no sign refined taste. - Me
"Fuck a bitch!" - Snoop Dogg

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
1689933559369.png

Gradenmayer

Learned
I'm most likely playing a paladin in my first playthrough, and I just saw that the punishment for breaking your oath if you want to fix it is just paying gold. Lol, I expected something more imaginative. Off the top of my head - a timed quest to complete any other quest in a way that upholds the oath - quests' outcomes would have been easy to tag appropriately, so no added development cost. Then, once you've accomplished the task, the custodian appears again, says "congrats, you made it this time" and job well done.
Oaths are kinda crappy in EA, slaughtering grove with goblins didn’t break mine (not sure if that means I did the just thing by the game’s logic or what).
Not having played, why should it break it? Goblins are supposedly evil, or is the game pushing "gray morality"/"everything is subjective"/"#notallorcs"/"~^sUbVert tHe tRoPeS^~" that hard?
Oath says protect the weak and you can lead bunch of goblins to slaughter elderly people and kids without breaking the oath.

It’s probably a missing content piece that will get added on release, because they acknowledged that goblin route (evil) is kinda lackluster.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You're legit retarded if you take the bear scene serious.
You know, I've heard this argument already. And speaking for myself, I'm not taking it seriously. But you have to try to explain something.

Of all the imaginable for this context things-that-shouldn't-be-taken-seriously, why did they decide to go with a bear-on-man sex scene? That's what I'd like to hear someone rationalize.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
You know, I've heard this argument already. And speaking for myself, I'm not taking it seriously. But you have to try to explain something.

Of all the imaginable for this context things-that-shouldn't-be-taken-seriously, why did they decide to go with a bear-on-man sex scene? That's what I'd like to hear someone rationalize.
That's quite obvious why they went with that scene no? Because it's so ridiculous that nobody sane would take it serious, it's an obvious joke...

But yet here we are with a bunch of retards who actually take it serious...

Falksi

Arcane
Some of the outrage I'm seeing for it is just daft. I'd still sooner Larian take BG3 more seriously, but that said Divinity 2:TDKS had some wicked humour in it, so a piss-take bear-fuck I can laugh at if the game itself is up to scratch.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
In retrospect, Dragon age Origins is the paragon of sanity compared to this game.
Probably, yeah, but not by much.

Creating a demon baby by having sex with a witch was a key plot point. There was also a dwarven threesome, and your male attendant chides you for not inviting him and making it a foursome. And there was even a gay elf.

All it was missing was the bear sex.

Gradenmayer

Learned

Maybe druids have closeted zoophile reputation in D&D circles? Who knows?

AwesomeButton

Patron
The scene isn't serious but the decision to show it is real and there was a real thought process behind it.

I think most people around here who are signalling outrage at the scene, are outraged by the decision more than by the scene's inclusion in the game. It's a sex scene within a PC-NPC romance where the NPC is a druid whose animal form is a bear. And lo and behold, the devs decided in this particular combination that the scene will include the druid shifting during the act. It makes sense so far, in a goofy humor context. But choosing to display this particular scene in the panel stream is a separate matter.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
The scene isn't serious but the decision to show it is real and there was a real thought process behind it.

I think most people around here who are signalling outrage at the scene, are outraged by the decision more than by the scene's inclusion in the game. It's a sex scene within a PC-NPC romance where the NPC is a druid whose animal form is a bear. And lo and behold, the devs decided in this particular combination that the scene will include the druid shifting during the act. It makes sense so far, in a goofy humor context. But choosing to display this particular scene in the panel stream is a separate matter.
Larian are somehow under the delusion that "haha sex funny", when, in fact, "sex very serious bzns" among woke circles.
But Belgians aren't a humorous race.

Ryzer

Arcane
Some of the outrage I'm seeing for it is just daft. I'd still sooner Larian take BG3 more seriously, but that said Divinity 2:TDKS had some wicked humour in it, so a piss-take bear-fuck I can laugh at if the game itself is up to scratch.
Even if you don't take it seriously, it's a pure loss for the player because the story would be seen as a buffoonery and will not be taken seriously.
To me, it completely breaks the immersion.

AwesomeButton

Patron

Larian are somehow under the delusion that "haha sex funny", when, in fact, "sex very serious bzns" among woke circles.
But Belgians aren't a humorous race.
Regarding the "sex very serious bzns", I was wondering something along the same lines.

See, a potential BG3 player is someone I'd rather expect to be pretty serious about his ingame "romance options", and might even feel put off by a humorous take on his sexual adventures.

After "why no romances" we went to "why no sex scenes" (I think witcher 3 is mostly to blame for crossing that line, or is it Mass Effect), and finally arrived at the "there are sex scenes, but I wanted my waifu to take it in the ass too, why didn't you include it".

I'm fully expecting sex scenes will go interactive in future simulations rpgs, and developers will be in the inane position to promise and describe sex scenes in detail during Q&A. Now this will be fun to observe :lol:

Shaki

Arbiter
Haha cmon guys all the gays, tranny shit and animal fucking are just done ironically, haha Larian is so funny! Cant wait to ironically jerk off to being DPd by a vampire and a bear!

Holy fuck, the cope is insane. Larianfags really are something special

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom